ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Fred_Foote"
Fred_Foote

Score: 0
I have used Toodledo for years and years. Love it and believe that it is very stable. So no complaints.

However, I have had to learn to ignore all the numerous Network Error messages I regularly get regarding attachments because, well, they just don't really matter 99% (100%?) of the time.

Please consider this modification to Toodledo -- although the programmer-types will not like it:

If I owned Toodledo, I would give serious thought into eliminating 99% of the "Network Error" messages you currently display to users like me. It's not that I doubt that some error exists, but I DO doubt it ever really MATTERS (except in cases that the programmer-types can surely present, but read on).

In my experience, (1) these errors always resolve themselves, (2) they are only theoretically relevant if I'm attempting to open an attachment (yeah, once a week at most), (3) they clutter up the screen, (4) they give the false impression that Toodledo is glitchy and that the data it contains is not reliably available (which is not really true). You are, in my opinion, making a solid program look shaky.

If you simply activate this message ONLY when it matters (when someone is trying to access an attachment?), I think you'd find that the message is rarely (if ever) needed, even though it might be accurate in some technical way that at only geeks appreciate.

Just a thought.
Fred_Foote

Nice job. I needed to reinstall the program from TestFlight to get the new version but then it worked, once I went into Settings. Everything came over with correct default values except for the Tag. I've not fiddled to try and change Tags or anything but you might have a programmer take a look to see if the Tag default was overlooked.

Thanks so much for this. Great fix!
Fred_Foote

Score: 2
This is such a great idea -- love it. But when Toodledo imports Reminders (and then deletes them from the Reminders App, which is also great), they come into Toodledo naked as a baby. Can they please import into Toodledo with the same default values (length, priority, tag -- I forget them all) as when tasks are emailed to Toodledo? That would save me so much time.
Fred_Foote

Posted by Kurt:
I’ve started using TapTask and… so far so good! My only beef is that even when I configure it in the settings for no due date, it still adds it to Toodledo with the date/time of recording as its due date.

Yikes! I tested this and you're correct. Dang! We'll fix that in the next update. Thanks for letting me know, Kurt. Hope it still provides benefit even with Today's date connected with your dictated tasks.
Fred_Foote

Posted by kenckar:
I have tried TapTak. It's pretty good. It works better than Siri reminders. I have limited use for it, but it's cool. Good job.

Thanks!
Fred_Foote

Posted by greg.schlegel:
When will this capability be available for Android/Samsung Watches?

We need to see, first, if there's a market for this product. Fingers crossed! Thanks for asking.
Fred_Foote

Score: 3
Finally was able to finish TapTask (now in the App Store for iPhones). It makes adding tasks to Toodledo from your Apple Watch simple and fast. I use it 10 times per day. Dictated tasks can be configured to go into Toodledo with specific defaults. So cool! Please download this free app. Premium version available if you want to dictate more than 3 apps per day (like I do).

This is not a competitor app to Toodledo, it's a compliment to increase functionality and speed for those of us with Apple Watches.
Fred_Foote

As a multi-year user of Toodledo, I have longed to be able to post to-do's to my favorite (and only) task manager from my Apple Watch FAST. Now I can!

I've developed an App for Toodledoers who own Apple Watches. You can post tasks to Toodledo in TWO TAPS! I use it about 10 times a day -- for any thought, idea, task, or to-do that pops into my mind. Now I know it will be in a place (Toodledo) where I can deal with it later. The power of organizing tasks still lies with Toodledo, of course, but the power of getting it there efficiently is now on my wrist.

The app is called TapTask and we need some Beta testers to provide ideas or feedback. This app puts Toodledo on steroids -- at least in terms of getting ideas off my mind and into Toodledo.

If you'd like to help look at the app and provide any feedback, the link is https://testflight.apple.com/join/7SpVXC3m

This whole Beta process is governed by Apple through their development tool called TestFlight. It's free, safe and fun.

Would you please consider downloading a Beta version of TapTask and letting us know if you think it's helpful for you, your productivity and for Toodledo? Thanks so much!

This message was edited Oct 26, 2021.
Fred_Foote

I have been getting notifications of how much space Toodledo is using up on my MacBook Pro. So I decided to clean up by deleting old, big attachments. I can sort attachments by size. Great. I can sort attachments by how many tasks they are associated with -- often 0. Great. But it takes a long time to delete one old attachment after another.

Is there an easy way to delete multiple attachments -- especially those that are no longer associated with tasks?

Again, my main goal is to reduce the amount of space Toodledo is taking up on my Mac.

Thanks!
Fred_Foote

In the meantime, create a search that just looks for Today's tasks. That still works.
Fred_Foote

The same thing happened to me.

This happened last year with Daylight Savings Time. Look for instructions tomorrow, I'm guessing.
Fred_Foote

Posted Jun 02, 2017 in: Adding tasks with Apple Watch App
Posted by Dave:
I apologize if this is documented or was asked already - I could not find it in any searches. When I add multiple tasks via voice on my Apple Watch using the ToodleDo Apple Watch app, only the last entered task is transferred to the ToodleDo IOS app. Is this by design, a limitation of some sort, or a bug? I sometimes think of a few things to add to my task list at once, and like to enter them through the Apple Watch app for convenience. Because of this limitation I've found, I have resorted to asking Siri on my Apple Watch to add a reminder and then import the reminders into the IOS ToodleDo app (Apple's reminders app does not have this same limitation).

I don't see how to add tasks via voice on my Apple Watch. I have the Toodledo app installed on the Watch. Furthermore, the application on the Watch simply seems to bring up a Hotlist. It looks nothing like the picture of the app on the Watch at https://www.toodledo.com/info/applewatch.php

Any info would be appreciated.
Fred_Foote

Posted Jun 09, 2016 in: Apple watch complication?
I am developing an Apple Watch complication that will work with almost all the major task programs, including Toodledo. You will LOVE IT. I just need 30 days or so.
Fred_Foote

I think it would be cool to have a sort of "format painter" where you can right-click on a task and then "paint" its format (star, repeat, length, tag, etc.) onto another task. The only part that wouldn't be "painted" is the name of the task. I suppose you can do this now with DUPLICATING a task and then just changing the name. :)

Just a thought.

Probably a stupid idea. Ha!
Fred_Foote

Posted May 29, 2016 in: Task counter (number of tasks)
Posted by Sabina A.:
Hello,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try clearing your browsers cache and then refresh?

That worked. Thanks.
Fred_Foote

Posted May 22, 2016 in: Task counter (number of tasks)
In my browser, the number of tasks does not update when I refresh the screen. The correct number is at the bottom of the screen, however. Has anyone else noticed this?
Fred_Foote

Posted Dec 13, 2015 in: Saved search sort on iPhone app
Will batch edit ever make it to Searches on iOS app? Would love that.
Fred_Foote

Posted Dec 13, 2015 in: Progress Report - November 2015
3D touch for iOS on latest iPhones and Apple Watch complication that ONLY assists in adding a dictated task with 2 taps, please! Please don't make the Apple Watch complication a mini version of the iOS app like you've done so far.
Fred_Foote

Jake, you rock.
Fred_Foote

Score: 2
I have an iPhone 6s with the new 3D touch feature. I'd love it if Toodledo expanded its capabilities to include this new feature in iOS for the iPhone. Specifically, I'd love one of the 3D touch menu items to be "Add a Task." Thanks!!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next