ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Drew

Posted Oct 21, 2008 in: New Computer cannot sycn
Score: 0
  • Drew
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2008
  • Score: 0
Ah. Okay. Thanks! So can I keep every item in Outlook Tasks and just keep synching?
D
Drew

Posted Oct 21, 2008 in: New Computer cannot sycn
  • Drew
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2008
Hi Keef,

I have a new computer running Vista Home Premium. I deleted tasks from toodledo and installed the synch program and it would not sync much. I keep trying but it does not synch everything..just a few tasks. Outlook has the correct tasks. How can I get everything from Outlook to Toodledo and get the sync working?

Thanks,
Drew
Drew

Posted Aug 20, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.6 is Available
  • Drew
  • Posted: Aug 20, 2008
Thanks keef. There may have been a bit of spyware that I've cleaned up.

If after running the program with the "Ignore existing completed tasks" switch on. And I change it to off, there will be LOTS of historical completed tasks. How much of a chance do you think is there that it will error and all because of too many tasks? Thanks, Drew
Drew

Posted Aug 18, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.6 is Available
  • Drew
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Update... closed and restarted Outlook 07... then no change..error during sync. Went to account details and tried authentication...it failed. Tried it again - it succeeded and then was able to synch. Any ideas/suggestions?

And also still interested in the answer to my question about completed tasks. Thanks! Drew
Drew

• Drew
Keef,

Uggh...Looks like I'm again getting Error During synchronization... no duplicates. The first time it said could not connect to proxy but I don't have anything set as using a proxy. Now just says error during synch. Going to try closing and restarting Outlook. Anything else I should try/do/send you?

D
Drew

• Drew
Hi Keef. Well, yay! It worked. I brought them in a bunch at a time. But while I originally wanted all my completed items (so I could look back at phone numbers, etc) to be safe I did not include them. I'm wondering what happens now if I leave the sync client "ignore existing completed tasks" checked. Will completed tasks be deleted or will they stay somewhere where I can access them.

Thank you! Once I get it all figured out I'll donate too!

Drew
Drew

Posted Aug 17, 2008 in: Outlook Client 0.9.8.6 is Available
  • Drew
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2008
Hi Keef,

Thanks!

Will this help at all with the limitation of how many tasks can be transferred without duplicates showing up?

Drew
Drew

Posted Aug 12, 2008 in: Outlook Client - Duplicate Tasks
  • Drew
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2008
Thanks Keith. FYI I have 147 tasks. Is that a large number?

Drew
Drew

• Drew
Each time I sync it I get an error and then there are more and more duplicates. So I can't really use it at this point. D
Drew

• Drew
It gave an error again when I did above. Alsy, I was mistaken as it does not give an option how long to keep all tasks on iphone. D
Drew

• Drew
When doing that an a manual sync it says Error during synchronization. Though Toodledo on my PC looks like it brought in tasks without dupes...though I've not checked to see if every todo was brought over. I'm also going to say 6 months only on the iphone app because I'd not said that ... said more than that... before, but toodledo only goes out 6 months so those will now conform.

Also synced the iphone app and it looks good. But it still says error during sync on your program.

Please let me know what's up. I'm going to try now to synch again with everything except automatic and 'ignore existing completed tasks' (cuz I want to be able to access completed tasks for phone numbers, info, etc.) and see what happens. D
Drew

• Drew
Hi Keef,

Thanks for your reply. Already backed up Outlook task and turned off Auto Sync, thanks for the warnings though.

The error is : Error initializing connections. There is an error in XML document (1, 40).

I think I'm going to try deleting all tasks from toodledo, with the Outlook Updates turned off in your Sync App (left on Preserve Long...) and try again. Thanks,
Drew
Drew

• Drew
Hi. I am only running one sync client on PC and I've not manually entered any toodledo tasks to match outlook tasks before running the sync.

I have multiple, multiple tasks...now thousands when before maybe I had a few hundred tasks and completed tasks at most, total. They were in my Palm Treo and I re-synched them to outlook when I upgraded to Outlook 2007. That all worked just fine. So there have been my outlook tasks but now are duplicated multifold in toodledo and the 3g todo client.

Any ideas? Thanks.