ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Brian Matlock_1343862228"
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Score: 1
Great! I've not used those in the past, but just activiated them. Thanks.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Score: 0
I'd like to be able to close all the dividers in a given view with a single click, so I could then open only the ones that I need. I'm not sure if 'dividers' is the right term.

For example, I have my "All Tasks" view sorted by Due Date, then Star, then Priority. Toodledo creates a clickable divider based on Due Date ('Due in the Past', 'Due Today', etc.). I'd like to be able to easily close all of those dividers, and reopen just select sections to focus on specific lists of tasks.

Thanks for the product and continuing to improve it.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Mar 22, 2023 in: Finding completed subtasks
Is there a way to search for all subtasks under a particular parent task once they've been marked as completed? Specifically, if I have a parent task "Southgate", and I have various subtasks under it, such as "Pay Electric Bill", that have been marked completed, can I search completed tasks for all subtasks of "Southgate"?

If not, once we mark a subtask as completed we have no way of going back and reviewing a list of completed subtasks unless we put some special tag or other in the subtask (which would seem to me to defeat the whole purpose of having subtasks).
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Toodledo is back online after a brief outage 40 minutes ago. Thank you for the prompt attention and quick fix.

The reason I'm writing a note is that while Toodledo was down I turned to the beta iPhone version that I've been using (build 21). Unfortunately, when the server went down, the version on my iPhone began requesting a login before I could get back to my tasks, even though I believe the data is stored locally on the phone and syncs with the servers. I would like to have some backup to the servers to see my data in the event of an outage in the future.

I do download a backup of my data regularly. But the XML file is really not useable and I'd likely only turn to it in the event of complete data loss.

Is there some obstacle to having the beta software currently available on the iPhone able to allow access during an outage? I'd feel better knowing I've got that option.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Feb 26, 2023 in: iOS testflight version expired?
Since posting this, I received a notice that the new version was ready for installation. It installed successfully and synced all my tasks.

Thank you!
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Feb 26, 2023 in: iOS testflight version expired?
I got a notice that it had expired. I mistakenly thought I could delete it and reinstall, but was clearly wrong. Can I get back on the TestFlight version? (Btw, I’m a Plus subscriber, if that helps).

Thank for any help.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jan 06, 2022 in: "Error Syncing Tasks (#-13)
Thank you for the quick response, and being mindful of placing it here.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jan 05, 2022 in: "Error Syncing Tasks (#-13)
I just found the support ticket page and opened a ticket.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jan 05, 2022 in: "Error Syncing Tasks (#-13)
I'm getting this error and am not sure how to set up a support ticket. Help?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Dec 31, 2021 in: Hiding an Item thats not due yet?
This is exactly what Start Dates are for. You can use the filter button to hide tasks that haven't started yet (on the web the filter button looks like an eye, just to the left of the SORT icons at the top right of the application. I'm not sure where it is on the mobile apps). Then all tasks with a future start date will disappear.

Hope that helps (and that I've got it right).
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Apr 23, 2020 in: Insert current date/time in a note
I 2nd a vote for an easy way to do this. I'd like to be able to use a shortcut key to date/time stamp a note entry.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Apr 04, 2019 in: Cannot use the letter "L" anymore
Score: 2
Fix this fast!!

To other users: You can use the ascii code to insert an "l". Hold Alt and type 108, and you'll get an "l". Alt 76 is "L".
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Mar 07, 2019 in: Redirecting to Beta site on my computer
Score: 1
I can't log into my Toodledo account on my machine. It keeps redirecting me to the beta site and giving me an error (I don't believe I've recently told it to use the beta site). I've tried using Chrome and Firefox, and using Incognito Mode in Chrome. I'm logged in now on my partner's machine. Help!
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Mar 05, 2019 in: Chromebook: Top of notes?
That's it! And just in time for a 9 day overseas trip. You're my hero!
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Mar 02, 2019 in: Chromebook: Top of notes?
I use the notes in my tasks extensively for daily update entries and will often have many screen-fulls for a given task. I always put the new entry at the top, and allow the older entries to push down, so I can quickly read the most recent entry when I open the note panel. When I click into the note body to add an entry, Toodledo puts me at the bottom of the notes (which is probably where most users would like to land). When I'm using a Windows machine I can easily move to the top left corner for a new entry with a ctrl-home. But I'm not finding a way to do that on a chromebook, which I frequently have to use. I've reviewed generic chrome shortcuts. Ctrl-Alt-Home is the equivalent of the windows Home button. So I don't know how to do Ctrl-Home on the Chromebook.

Any suggestion as to how I can get to the top left corner with shortcut keys? (Obviously, I can scroll, but I do this all day long and the saved keystrokes would be helpful).

Thanks
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Jun 11, 2018 in: Wish: Untie alarms from due dates
Long time user here. Happy with the product.

On my wish list for a long time: Alarms are not tied to the due date/time. Having the due date be the alarm time works fine for about 90% of my tasks. But it causes some real problems in specific instances.

The problem is acute when I have a recurring task, and I need to follow up on a particular instance of it. For instance, every two weeks on Tuesday an unreliable colleague is supposed to publish an update on a project, an update that is critical to me. I set a recurring task to remind me to check on that update. Inevitably, he's late with it. He gives me some reason and promises he'll have it by Wednesday at 10:00 AM. I would like to be able to set the alarm on that task for that time without affecting the alarms for all the other items in the series. Currently, I have to either change the due date from today to Wed 10:00 AM, which changes the due date on the whole series, then change the due date back, or I have to create a new task for that single instance. I typically choose the latter option, but that creates redundant tasks in my already lengthy task list (hundreds of items), and creates branching notes in my archive (because I take significant notes on tasks and save them in my archive)

It's not a crippling shortcoming, and I work around it. But I much prefer the system that (most?) other task managers use where the reminder might default to the due date, but the user can set a reminder for any date and time independent of the due date. If that were the case, I would simply set a reminder for the task on Wednesday 10:00 AM, then when (if) it's resolved, check the task completed. The next instance would remind to check at the scheduled due date.

I'm hoping this is on your development list.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted May 04, 2018 in: Saving custom views
Score: 4
I just read past postings on this (which were all closed to new posts due to age). I'm just adding my voice that I'd really like to be able to save views (specific sorting criteria at the minimum, different column arrangements if possible). In one of the previous posts, someone responded that this only seems to save a couple mouse clicks because Toodledo makes it easy to change sorting.

But for those of us that need to frequently shift between views of different projects, or dimensions of our lives that have lots of tasks that are better sorted and displayed differently, those mouse clicks quickly become annoying.

I think it's a great product as-is. But saveable views (the more customization available the better) will make it a better one for me.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted May 01, 2018 in: Missing icon for alarm?
It always seems so simple once you respond!

Thanks.
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Apr 30, 2018 in: Missing icon for alarm?
I've created a new task and set an alarm for tomorrow morning, but the alarm icon isn't showing up where I expect it. Other tasks with alarms set indicate an alarm icon. Am I doing something wrong here? Some pics:

Here's the task showing I set an alarm: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj3ysjterxf63yu/Tasks%20%E2%9C%93%20Toodledo%20Missing%20Alamr%20Icon%201. png?dl=0

Here's the task in a list without an alarm icon:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0n4b2b9y6lq8g8/Tasks%20%E2%9C%93%20Toodledo%20Missing%20Alamr%20Icon%202. png?dl=0

Here's a different task with an alarm icon:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/goqimdbib07777w/Tasks%20%E2%9C%93%20Toodledo%20Missiing%20Alamr%20Icon%203 .png?dl=0
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted Apr 09, 2018 in: Where's my task?
This might be one of those questions where the answer is staring me in the face, but I'm stuck. I have a task I've recently modified that isn't showing up in lists in which I expect it.

Here are screen shots:

1. Folder View. I found it by assigning it arbitrarily to a folder, then pulling it up under that folder view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhu2uhqviz0go1k/Folder%20search.png?dl=0

Notice that I have the task Starred, it's due April 6th, and there's no start date.

2. In My Tasks, All tasks, the task doesn't show up where I would expect it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3dllwhj1u54hfuf/All%20tasks%20%282%29.png?dl=0. I'm sorting by Due Date, Tag, then Priority. I've played with the sorting but haven't found that to solve the problem. The "hidden" tasks are two that I've recently completed, and so that isn't the problem.

Here's a search of that folder on one of the words in the Title: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3qdxxzke1polkt/All%20tasks%20search.png?dl=0

3. Here's the Starred list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tooh94rdpnbqgu2/Starred.png?dl=0

I'm afraid I'm doing something that might be hiding other tasks from me. Can you explain why that task might not be showing up in my "All tasks" and "starred" views?
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next