ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
ProBC

Score: 0
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2018
  • Score: 0
I just noticed this as well. I am trying to collaborate with another user and can only figure out a way to switch workspace views in the old task layout. Is this just an oversight or a bug with the new version?

I have been using the new version for quite some time now and don't want to have to switch back. It's only today that I am trying collaboration.
ProBC

Posted Mar 20, 2017 in: Display styling options
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Yes I would agree, even a white background in the header across the top would look good, but ideally a user definable color would be best in conjuction with the ability to upload my own logo.

I seem to recall suggesting this a few years back and it was on the 'to-do list' back then as well.
ProBC

Posted Mar 16, 2017 in: Display styling options
Score: 1
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2017
  • Score: 1
Would it be possible to build in some configuration options to allow for some personalization:

For example:

1) ability to upload my own logo instead of using the Toodledo logo in the top center
2) abilty to modify the header background color to something of my own choosing

Please consider.
ProBC

Posted Oct 29, 2013 in: Outlines feature requests
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2013
Refresh me again why both Outlines and Lists do not incorporate the Folders abilities that are found in Tasks and Notes?

I use the Folders in Tasks as a way to group tasks per client i do work for and could possibly have hundreds of tasks created in the system spreadout amongst all the folders. So if I were to create Outlines or Lists in a similar fashion for each client the list of them down the left would become quite large with no structured organization or grouping.

I realize there are Tags available, which are great for their own purpose, but wouldn't it also be nice to be able to create a few outlines or lists and group them into a folder - and keep the functionality principles the same amongst all 4 of your core components?
ProBC

Posted Oct 29, 2013 in: Sharing exposes info it shouldnt
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2013
Excellent. This should help enhance the overall security/privacy when dealing with my sub-contractors.
ProBC

Posted Oct 27, 2013 in: Sharing exposes info it shouldnt
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2013
The joint tasks feature is fine for its purpose, but I feel that if the Workspace features are enable and an allowed collaborator switches into My Workspace, he should only see stuff explicitly allowed to him. From my standpoint as a project manager, I have a number of sub-contractors that i am trying to get using your product to help us manage our tasks, but if they have the ability to see information unrelated to them (including the names of other sub-contractors of mine) then I simply can not endorse toodledo as a solution to them.

There should either be a setting to allow everyone to see everything (including other collaborators names), and the ability to prevent this from occuring so that collaborators are kept in isolation and only see what they are supposed to.

BTW: I just paid the upgrade for my own account into the Gold subscription. I'm really hoping to try and make the system do more for me.
ProBC

Posted Oct 16, 2013 in: Sharing exposes info it shouldnt
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2013
I am trying to make use of the Collaboration and Sharing features in toodledo with a co-worker and stumbled upon a situation that i deem as critical.

After setting up the coworker with access to view/edit my workspace, we then used his account to test and after logging in we switched to my workspace with the dropdown option in the upper left. Everything appears fine so far, but when I clicked on the 'View By - Sharing' option from the menu, it displayed a list of all of my other collaborators that have nothing to do with the current account we are logged in under.

My concern here is if I collaborate with someone, they should not be seeing any data or references to any other person within my account at all. This becomes a security/liability problem in my point of view by exposing data that should not be seen.

The 'View By - Sharing' menu option should only list 'From Anyone, From Myself, and anyone else that is actually assigned properly in the collaborators settings'.

Can this bug be addressed very soon?
ProBC

Posted Oct 16, 2013 in: Folders features
  • ProBC
It would be nice to be able to specify a custom HEX color for each folder on the Edit Folders screen. This would help in grouping / identifying folders in the Tasks & Notes (and hopefully Outlines & Lists someday).

In my case i have 3 or 4 folders setup per client i do work for, and i would like to colorize them the same so that each client is clearly identified.
ProBC

Posted Oct 16, 2013 in: Outlines and Lists
  • ProBC
How come both of these features do not incorporate the Folders abilities like the Tasks and Notes do?
ProBC

Posted Oct 16, 2013 in: Upload custom logo
  • ProBC
Is it possible to upload my own custom logo to replace the Toodledo logo in the upper left corner?

I would also like to change the top header bar colors as well and don't want to have to use something like Stylish or whatever to do it.

These should be features within my account profile.
ProBC

Posted Oct 16, 2013 in: Better Note Editor Needed!
  • ProBC
Although I have no idea of the underlying programming involved, it would seem like the addition of something like CKEditor wouldn't be that difficult to achieve on the form textarea element. Not sure why this would take nearly 4 years or more to implement?

While we are talking about notes, it sure would be nice to have better notes on tasks that use time/date stamps on each submitted note for a task, instead of one large textarea. A task should allow for an unlimited number of notes to be added to it, each with their own date/time/owner details.
ProBC

Posted Aug 03, 2012 in: How to archive a note in the notebook
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Aug 03, 2012
I tried searching for an answer to this, but how can i go about archiving various notes in the notebook so that they are in the system for historical purposes but no visible in day to day viewing?

I have a number of notes in various folders and would like to make better use of the system in general, but without the ability to archive it will quickly be a jumbled mess that is hard to organize and find stuff - particularly current/active items.
ProBC

• ProBC
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2011
Yes I would love to see a list of past suggestions just to see what others are wanting. Don't get me wrong, the TD system is awesome and does work very good all things considered. I am really new to it and am just starting to dream up these ideas of my own that would assist in my daily task management, which are probably trivial to most.

I plan to spend more time snooping through the forum here to learn more about the system as well, because there are lots of features that take a bit to discover.
ProBC

• ProBC
I certainly agree that everyone has their personal tastes in functionality and how to manage their individual systems which makes it difficult to cater to everyone. Determining the proper balance between features to add that benefit everyone as a whole, and those that only benefit a small segment of users has got to be tough.

I have to admit that I am fairly new to using Saas systems, particularly in a paid model like this. I am just finding that although it would be nice to have a single platform that just does everything i need instead of using multiple different systems to get things done (toodledo, toggl, google apps, evernote, freshbooks, etc.) will likely never happen unless I were to employ a team to build it (which also wont happen).

Moving forward, I will continue to submit ideas as they come to me, and will make due with what I have available to me now. The TD system is truly one of the better all-around solutions that I have found at the moment.
ProBC

• ProBC
Yeah I would have to agree with the competitors bit. I suppose so long as suggestions and new features are actually developed and released in a timely fashion it wont matter anyways. I am new here, so time will tell.

A couple of the short-comings I have found so far have been suggested or discussed here in the forums a long time ago, leaving me to believe that they are not taken too seriously or certainly have a really low priority.

I love the TD product so far, but with a few more enhancements it would be rock solid for my own purposes.

1) multiple notes per task time-stamped per user, a single textarea entry is not sufficient as offers no trackability back to the submitter of the note. If note details are created by one collaborator, they should not be editable/deletable by another, etc.
2) an indicator on the task summary lists for newly created notes and total notes per task
3) color coding options for folders (tried the user styles thing using Stylish in chrome, not a reliable method and all the styles i tried had various display issues of some sort)
4) Better timer options. Would be nice to be able to create companies, then associate folders/tasks to a company, and when time is tracked there could be reports run to show the amount of time billable for each company with an option to mark task items as invoiced for historical purposes. Using toggl.com right now for this for $5.00 per month, I'd gladly pay this $5.00 per month to TD if the features were there.
5) collaborators is nice, however a consolidated task view would be even better. Seems to be inconvenient to have to keep switches Workspaces between my own tasks, and any shared task lists.
6) option to change the logo in the upper left from the default TD logo, to my own. (again, without having to use the userstyles thing.)

Most likely a number of my suggestions here have been submitted before, but without performing many searches to hunt them down, and without a centralized list, it's hard to know.

Anyways, here hoping/praying these ideas get implemented to any degree some day! :)
ProBC

• ProBC
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2011
Where can i find, or is there a centralized list of your future development improvements? I am fairly new to the platform, and it seems all of the short comings I run into have been posted over and over again in the forums here (some from a year or more ago) with no sign of it ever being completed.

You really need to have a public list that brings together all of the suggestions for improvement with status's on each item so that users can see what is coming, and at the very least be able to see what has already been suggested.

Please consider this.
ProBC

Posted Dec 05, 2011 in: Multiple Timestamped Notes for Task
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2011
Can some priority be finally put on this request? Searching the forums brings up posts from ages ago with the same response saying that it's in the roadmap but with no date. Not being able to have multiple timestamped notes from various users per task is a definate short coming of the system.

I propose an expansion to the current notes icon/column to indicate how many notes are actually on each task, and whether or not there are any newly posted notes from other collaborators.

Is there someone at Toodledo that we can pursuade to get this accomplished?
ProBC

Posted Nov 14, 2011 in: Multiple Timestamped Notes for Task
  • ProBC
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2011
+1 for the multiple notes per task. Would be nice if it showed the time/date of the submitted note and the user that posted it.