Excellent!!
LizP

Posted Nov 25, 2012 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: 0
  • LizP
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2012
  • Score: 0
Hi lammeyjf,

I find it quite difficult to use ToodleDo as a way to "think through" all the tasks and subtasks needed to outline a "project" (using a Short Term Goal to identify a "projects"). I found it easier to "outline" in a Note and then follow the outline to create the tasks and subtasks.

This sounds very interesting:

Posted by lammeyjf:

I create checklists in Toodledo by storing the template list in a note. I then create a new task and create sub tasks using a batch and paste a copy from my template note.

I get a checklist I can check off as I complete the list of tasks.

Please could you explain how you "batch and paste a copy from my template note" ?

This sounds like a really quick way to generate a list of tasks and subtasks from an "outline" created in a note!

Best wishes,
Liz

This message was edited Nov 25, 2012.
LizP

Posted Oct 21, 2012 in: Summarizing Methods for Time Management
  • LizP
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2012
I like Mandal-Art but it is only on mobile devices. There is an English manual on this page that explains the principles:

http://iphone.mandal-art.com/imandalart-e/
LizP

Posted Oct 21, 2012 in: Color Coding Folders
  • LizP
I am trying out Task Unifier as a desktop ToodleDo. This does have colour coding - and I find it rather distracting.

If you do add "colour coding", please make it optional :-)

Liz
LizP

• LizP
I think this might be a bug as I have checked all the settings. Alternatively, I have just not understood how the Collaboration function works in ToodleDo.

I have a Pro account and am trying to set up a collaboration with my partner, who has a free account.

As he is not the "techy" one, I am setting it up for him on his computer - which is sitting next to me, so I can test things from my perspective and his perspective as I go along.

Initial Collaboration Settings - my "No Folder" tasks are visible to my collaborator:

Although I had shared just one folder as part of the invitation, I was surprised to see that the invitation had automatically also shared all tasks that I had failed to assign to a folder. (These were ones that I had emailed to myself - I can never remember the codes for adding Folders, Goals, etc. )

Viewing the Collaboration settings on my account, I saw that I could uncheck the option to share "No Folder" tasks, so I did this.

Questions:

Is it a bug that my collaborator could, by default, view all the tasks which I had failed to assign to a folder?

If not a bug, then is it a privacy issue that should be flagged-up, ie. by explaining how to avoid this happening before inviting a collaborator?

Apologies if this should not be flagged as a bug - but it does seem like one.

If anyone reading this has spotted that I might have done something myself to create this situation, please do post to let me know how to make it work properly, ie. so that my collaborator can see the tasks in the folder I have shared.

Liz

This message was edited Oct 21, 2012.
LizP

Posted Oct 12, 2012 in: Linking Tasks with Notebook
  • LizP
  • Posted: Oct 12, 2012
@JPR Very useful tip!

It would be even better to be able to link without having to go to the mobile site - perhaps I had better put in a feature request :-)

Many thanks again,
Liz
LizP

Posted Oct 04, 2012 in: Toodledo Mindmap GTD opml iMindmap
Score: 1
  • LizP
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2012
  • Score: 1
@curtisc_1337545806

Apologies for the delay replying - I don't think I received a notification that there were any more comments. I just happened to land today as I am exploring this again and this thread turned up in Google Search results.

To answer your question, I would have liked to have tried this one, which links ToDoList with Freemind but it runs on Windows and I use a Mac:

http://www.jools.net/archives/6

I am not interested enough to install Parallels or Bootcamp just to try this out - life is too short! I am sure that there must be a Windows-user here somewhere who might be interested in giving it a whirl :-)

Best wishes,

Liz

ps. I am gobsmacked that someone has taken the trouble to "vote down" my previous comment here, which I thought might be helpful - cheers for the encouragement, whoever that was!
LizP

Posted Mar 31, 2012 in: Toodledo Mindmap GTD opml iMindmap
  • LizP
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2012
Any news on this great idea? I find it so difficult to plan using lists and so much easier using a MindMap - but ToodleDo is so much better than the "tasks" feature in Freemind.

There are some Freemind to "to do" type converters/exporters here:

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Accessories

Does anyone know whether any of these would work with ToodleDo?

I don't know enough about this to have the faintest idea of the answer to that question.

Best wishes,
Liz