ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by thpope"
thpope

Posted Nov 06, 2017 in: Subtotal Estimated Times
Score: 0
  • thpope
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2017
  • Score: 0
Really would love this feature (I know, on the to do list, we don't comment on timeframes).
I found a bookmarklet created by atu.hira https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/10447/-51365/read.html#jump

Doesn't work for me though. Does it work for anyone? Maybe it just needs updated.
thpope

Posted Aug 16, 2017 in: Google Drive storage?
  • thpope
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2017
I've used a link to the Google Drive file in the notes field.
thpope

Posted Apr 25, 2014 in: warning at top in chrome browser
  • thpope
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2014
Please consider at minimum the ability to remove warning in options.

Thank you.
thpope

• thpope
It was Adblock causing the issue. I disabled it for toodledo.com and the warning disappeared. But still would like the warning updated to include more information. It would have saved me a lot of time and frustration.
thpope

• thpope
Would very much like this warning to go away.

"It looks like you are using a browser plugin to modify Toodledo's look or behavior. This is ok, but it may not be fully compatible with our website. If things function incorrectly, please disable the plugin in your browser. If things look ok, you can dismiss this warning."

But... I fully understand your intentions. You want your users to know some plugin might have access to their tasks or at minimum causing misbehavior.

Please update the Warning to give more information about what plugins are causing the issue and allow us to trust those plugins separately, making the warning disappear. Telling us to just ignore it is not a very good option.

Thanks.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2014.
thpope

Posted Jan 25, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Posted by Martys To Do:
Also, can the list be in alpha order -- it would be easier to find.
Thanks.
I agree with this. Alpha list plus size of font determined by number of tasks.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2010
Posted by Proximo:
Posted by Toodledo:
"check all" and "uncheck all" buttons have already been added to our development build, and it is working good. It will be in the next update.

I hope this is a short term solution to fixing the filtering to work as discussed above.

You click on @Call = I only want to see task with this Context.

If you click on @Call and @Work = I only want to see task with both of these context.

simple
Me too. Just because every other program works the way Proximo says. But I'm willing to give the check/uncheck all a try. Can you tell us when we can expect the next update?
thpope

Posted Jan 21, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
  • thpope
  • Posted: Jan 21, 2010
It is very nice. I will love the auto-complete when it's ready. Maybe that will satisfy the alpha-list and keyboard only people. I do think I will prefer your cloud implementation.

Nice job. Thanks. I think this was a big step.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2010
I agree with Proximo. It seems more natural to select contexts I want vs. contexts I don't want. Ditto for tags. Your logic seems fine, but I prefer illogic for this because it will save me time.

I would be fine with a "check all", "uncheck all" button as a compromise.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
On the iPhone, repeating tasks will appear immediately below the completed task if you have "sync on edit" enabled. If the filters would have hidden that task, then you will need to refresh the list. If you don't like this, you can turn "sync on edit" off.
I like the security of "sync on edit" but I don't like the behavior of the new repeating task appearing in the filtered view. Unless you or someone can explain why this would be desired, I would like to suggest that the view auto-refreshes so the new task doesn't show. Right now, it's an annoyance for me.
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
thpope,

Thanks for mention this bug. After investigation, it appears that the "Beep Beep" sound was not being sent properly. The other sounds were working fine. It has been fixed, so the next reminder you receive should get the "Beep Beep" sound :)

Yes, I can confirm it's working. Thanks!
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2009
I can't seem to get the push sound to change from the iphone's default text message tri-tone. Is anyone else having this problem?
thpope

Posted Sep 29, 2009 in: Is GTD making us dumber?
  • thpope
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2009
That's funny. I was thinking about this just the other day.

I really think you may be on to something. There is a saying that goes something like "There may be nothing on his desk, but there's nothing in his mind either" or "empty desk and empty brain." Something like that.

It may be tempting to achieve a clutter-free mind, to eliminate stress, but I don't think one should make that an ideal. We do need some clutter, just like we need some fat. I guess it's a balance. I need clutter for creativity. But too much will definitely be harmful and end up stifling creativity.
thpope

Score: -1
  • thpope
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2009
  • Score: -1
It syncs with Toodledo.
thpope

Score: 1
  • thpope
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2009
  • Score: 1
I want toodledo to hide tasks that can't be done until something else happens. I think that's the real point of task dependencies. For example, I must put on my socks before my shoes. So I should only see Put On Socks, and when I complete that, I only see Put On Shoes.

Btw, I was checking out nowdothis.com and really like the whole idea of pushing one thing at a time. This is such a simply concept, that I would love to see Toodledo add it.
thpope

Posted Sep 22, 2009 in: My top 5 toodle-do please-haves
  • thpope
  • Posted: Sep 22, 2009
I like all of these.

1. On-the-fly creation of folders is very important.
2. Multimedia notes would be fantastic.
3. Task dependencies or parent-child relationships, also would be great.
4. You can go to the All Tasks list and do this now, which I'm ok with, but I'd very much like to search every field.
5. Custom sort lists would be great. I'd expand that to Custom Views, or extend the advanced search to save more than the search, i.e. sorting and filtering.
thpope

Posted Sep 21, 2009 in: Reoccuring tasks require synch?
  • thpope
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2009
It works if you turn off sync, then create the repeating task. But I think most people would expect (and prefer) the task to repeat whenever sync'ing is off or the device is out of range for sync'ing. That's probably tricky to get right for them.

What's bugging me is when I check off a repeating task, I see the new repeat right under what I checked off. I want it show up in the list based on sort.
thpope

Posted Sep 21, 2009 in: Alarm WHEN DUE
  • thpope
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2009
I agree.

I have to set the task to 19 minutes later if I want the notification to show up right on time. I know there is no guarantee that the reminder comes up right when you tell it to, but it's always been 19 minutes for 15 minute reminder. It's been dead on every time. I think maybe Toodledo must be sending it out 4 minutes early and Apple is doing a better job than expected sending it to us.
thpope

Score: 1
  • thpope
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2009
  • Score: 1
This is why we need a better Multi-Line mode.

I think we should have the ability to put which fields show up while collapsed on the single line and then show all of the fields we're using when we expand. I'm sure this has been requested, so, sorry for being repetitive.

I would love to know which new features you guys (Toodledo) have prioritized for implementing next. (You probably won't reveal that to us.)

Have you ever thought of putting a poll together with the top features listed and having us select the top 1, 2, or 3 that are most essential to us users? I think it would be good for your development roadmap. If you do this, then I suggest you ask the length of time we've been using Toodledo and/or other to-do package. That would help you understand the difference between opinions based on maturity of usage.

You're welcome in advance for my suggestions. ;)
thpope

• thpope
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2009
I'd go with Toodledo because it's so cheap and will do most of what you expect. PI is not worth buying now, imo (I do own it). 1.1 might be better. Appigo is very nice and seems very complete, except I don't think it can do stars, and I don't like the way Focus works. It's almost there. You can try the "lite" version for free.

I personally would say Appigo has the best Todo app out there. I've almost bought it several times, just to pull back and decide Toodledo can do most of what I want, so why waste the money. Toodledo is the best "bang for buck."

I'm using the built in calendar with google sync. I'm about 80% happy with my setup. I used PI on pocket pc years ago and had a great method for doing task management. I loved the integration with the calendar. I had fantastic custom views and dragging todo's into my calendar. I really miss that. iPhone has been solid to use, but it's frustrating waiting for features you'd think would be there, like integration with their calendar app.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next