ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by kevinarth"
kevinarth

Score: 1
Posted by snivelyjay:
I have a Task that is set to recur monthly. I want to change the day of the month that the Task appears. I know I can change the Start date but that may not be the correct thing to do - in the past I've had unexpected results from such a change.

What is the proper way to change the day of the month that the Task shows up?

I believe when you create a task that is due on August 15th and set it to monthly recurrence, it will be due on the 15th of every month. Likewise, if your start date is August 10th, the new start date will be the 10th of subsequent months. If you need it to recur on the 18th of the month, change the due date to August 18 with monthly recurrence, and if you need it to appear in the list on the 12th instead of 10th, just update start date accordingly and it should be respected going forward.

What I do not know is if you have a start or due date of January 31st with monthly recurrence, what does it look like in February or April. There is an option for 'end of month' recurrence, so maybe you just have to think far enough ahead to use that any time due date is going to be a day that doesn't exist in all 12 months, but hopefully the logic is robust enough that if you set 31st with monthly recurrence and due date falls in February, it will just assign the last date of the month.
kevinarth

Posted Aug 06, 2022 in: How is -1 Negative Priority used?
Score: 0
Just curious what folks use this 'negative' priority for. I assume it's to put a task into some sort of 'deferred' or "I don't intend to do this" state. I use the "Someday" Status for this and I've never been able to conceive of a scenario where it was appropriate to set a status of "-1 Negative."

I know there's no right or wrong way to do things. I'm just looking for ways to improve my workflow and this is one feature I've never tried to implement.
kevinarth

In tasksbeta.toodledo.com Under Filter Options | Show Contexts, the option for @No Context is grayed out and not available for selection. This means that the only way I can see tasks without a Context is to select "None".

Confirmed that in the non-beta UI (tasks.toodledo.com), as well as on the Android mobile app, this works as expected.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2022.
kevinarth

Posted Oct 02, 2014 in: Site Availability Oct 2, 2014
Thanks Jake. Appreciate the clear explanation and attention to resolving the issue.
kevinarth

Posted Sep 12, 2013 in: slim version doesn't show all tasks.
I have a couple of tasks in my list, but when viewed in the slim view (whether on my Android or laptop), some of the items don't appear. I can provide a screenshot of this, if needed.

EDIT: I did a bit of testing and this appears to have to do with the Due date. If my due date is a month out or later, it doesn't show in the slim version. For example, I created a task today (9/12/2013) and assigned a due date of 10/11/2013. That task appears in the Slim version. If I edit that task to give it a due date of 10/12/2013 and refresh the page, it's no longer visible in the Slim version. If I change it back to 10/11, it will return.

Is this by design or a bug? I suppose if a due date is that far out, I don't really *need* to see it on mobile, except that if I'm managing my task list (as opposed to actually doing work), I should have the option of viewing all items if I wish.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2013.