ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
rick_1327343786

Posted May 08, 2012 in: TaskUnifier Reports
Score: -1
That would be a *very* painful way to print reports. I tried exporting the data but I have *no idea* what format the export is in. It appears to be (possibly) binary.

But... I found where you're storing the data as an XML file. I can get to the XML file and report on that file.

I'd like to suggest that you enhance the reports in TU.

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted May 06, 2012 in: TaskUnifier Reports
I tried using TU to print the tasks in a folder. There were 15 tasks in the folder. The report does print (portrait or landscape).

But the print is so tiny (portrait or landscape) that it's unreadable. How can I fix this so I can use TU to print out some task lists?

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Feb 27, 2012 in: TaskUnifier vs. TaskAngel
Score: 1
Posted by smatics:
I am looking at both of these myself.

TaskUnifier is a Java application, which means it is cross-platform (I'm not a big fan of Java apps in general, but TaskAngel is .Net based which isn't much better in terms of speed, and limits it to Windows).

The ToodleDo plugin for TaskUnifier is only $12.99 (base program is open source and free), as opposed to TaskAngel, which is $19.99, and is not open source.

TaskUnifier also has an Outlook plugin for free that makes it easier to add tasks from within Outlook. I do not believe that TaskAngel offers that functionality.

TaskAngel seems to have a little more polish, but to be honest, the thing that is swaying me toward TaskUnifier is that you can use it on as many computers as you want as long as you use the same ToodleDo account. TaskAngel limits you to 2 machines.

Scott

Scott -

Thanks for your reply. I wound up going with TaskUnifier for many of the reasons you stated. I'm planning on buying the TD and Google plugins soon.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Feb 16, 2012 in: TaskUnifier vs. TaskAngel
So I've got it narrowed down to two choices for a Windows desktop client for TD. The two choices are TaskUnifier and TaskAngel (are there really any other choices?).

The feature sets are very similar (with some slight differences) and the cost for the full versions is roughly the same.

The problem that I'm having is that if I say yes to one of them, I have to say no the other. So what are your thoughts?
Which one did you choose and why?

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Feb 16, 2012 in: TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
Posted by Benjamin Leclerc:
Hi Rick,

1. Above the lists on the top left : Show completed task

2. The completed tasks are showed at the end, instead of behing sorted with the other "non-completed" tasks.
Of course if you deselect "show completed task", there is no difference.

3. Yes, nothing is deleted from Toodledo except if you manually delete a task in TaskUnifier.
So, only the old tasks in TaskUnifier will be removed, but if after you change this value again, the tasks will be re-downloaded from Toodledo.

Ben (or would you rather be called Benjamin?) -

All good answers. I now have TaskUnifier (can I call it TU? I like to type as little as possible<g>) now not showing completed tasks. I completely missed that checkbox.

I have to tell you that I'm very impressed with your support. I've noticed that when I post something you respond within a matter of hours. I write software for a living so I'm pretty well in tune with what a good response time is.

I figure if someone responds within a day, that's better than most. I don't think it's ever taken you that long to respond. That's very impressive.

Thanks again.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Feb 16, 2012 in: TaskUnifier: Multiplatform
I have uploaded a new version (2.1.1).

Thanks

I just installed version 2.1.1. I'm thinking of purchasing the ToodleDo sync plugin to speed up the sync process. I'm also thinking of purchasing the Google Calendar plugin. Anyway, I have some questions.

1. How do I prevent completed tasks from showing up in my folders? I don't necessarily want to delete the completed tasks (at least not immediately) but I don't want them to appear in the folders either.

2. What is the purpose of the setting "Show Completed Tasks at the End of the Lists?" I've tried it both checked and unchecked and I can see no difference.

3. Right now the setting for "Keep Completed Tasks" is set at the default value of 14 days. If I change this value to anything else (say 1), how will that work? Will it delete the completed tasks in TaskUnifier but keep them in ToodleDo? Or will it delete the completed tasks in both places in 1 day?

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Feb 16, 2012 in: DGT GTD & Goals
Unfortunately, I had to uninstall DGT GTD. I liked the UI but it just had too many issues. I wound up purchssing Ultimate To-Do List.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Jan 27, 2012 in: DGT GTD & Goals
Do u have his/her contact info?

I figured out a temporary workaround. I simply created another folder called "Goals."

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Jan 26, 2012 in: DGT GTD & Goals
Does anyone know if DGT GTD handles goals? If so, how do I access that option? I know Ultimate To-Do List handles goals but I like the DGT UI *much* better than Ultimate's.

I searched Google to see if there was any documentation for DGT and came up with nothing.

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Jan 25, 2012 in: TaskAngel Subtasks and Syncing
Score: 0
I hope the lack of response isn't indicative of the level of support.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Jan 25, 2012 in: TaskAngel Subtasks and Syncing
Score: 0
I just downloaded the latest trial version of TaskAngel. In general, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. It's better than a lot of the junk that's out there.

I have some questions about subtasks and syncing. (Note: I don't yet have a ToodleDo Pro account.)

1. I noticed that I can have only one level of subtasks in TaskAngel. Is that correct?

2. I moved some tasks to become subtasks of another task. All of that worked fine. However, when the automatic sync with ToodleDo ran, the subtask was made a task again. I just reconfirmed this by doing a manual sync.

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

Posted Jan 24, 2012 in: TaskUnifier Documentation?
Above the lists there is a checkbox -> Show completed tasks

These list are filter, if you double click on a filter, you will see the conditions:
Overdue for example is due date is less than current date.

If you show the completed tasks, completed tasks will be displayed in that list too.

I understand. But none of the tasks involved should have been in those lists because none of them had dates attached to them. And they're all cleared now. None of them is showing up under those filters. No idea what changed.

Rick
rick_1327343786

No, there is no other doc.

File -> Manage folders

Or double click on the "None" folder in the left list.

Ok. I see how it works now. Thanks. Now I have another question. I have version 2.0.1. I have 4 test tasks all of which I marked as completed. Why would those 4 tasks show up as overdue and hotlist tasks?

Once they're completed they're not overdue or hotlist tasks. They're completed.

Thanks.

Rick
rick_1327343786

I downloaded TU yesterday for my W7 laptop. The app has promise but is there any kind of documentation (other than the limited help) or tutorial?

I don't see any documentation on how to create folders (for example) among other things.

Thanks.

Rick