ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by James T"
James T

Posted Dec 10, 2009 in: How do people use the "active" status
Score: 0
  • James T
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2009
  • Score: 0
Like Dave - I use Active for Projects. I don't use it for tasks. Then you can divide your projects into active and Hold or Someday, etc.
James T

Posted Nov 16, 2009 in: Manual Sorting of Subtasks.
  • James T
  • Posted: Nov 16, 2009
Wa Hoo!

This has been my #1 request for a long time.

Thanks for listening!

James
James T

Posted Sep 03, 2009 in: Lists?
  • James T
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2009
One way you might make this work is to have a folder called lists. Then use tags to seperate each list.

You could group by Tag while in your list folder to see all the lists seperately.

Depending on how you view your normal to-do tasks, you might be able to assign a special status or something so they don't show up in your normal list of to-do's.

I haven't tried this yet, but may give a try. I too am looking for a good list solution for web/iphone and nothing really seems to give me the perfect solution.

James
James T

Posted Sep 03, 2009 in: Affiliate Program
  • James T
  • Posted: Sep 03, 2009
wow - never saw that link before thanks Anders.

That's helpful, but would love to see more rewards than just a free subscription.

I think it could be a win/win/win!

thx
James
James T

Posted Sep 02, 2009 in: Affiliate Program
Score: 1
  • James T
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2009
  • Score: 1
Hi Toodledo;

I love Toodledo and I tell people about it all the time. I'm wondering if you have considered creating an Affiliate program so that all of us raving fans can make a little cash on the side?

Best Regards
James
James T

Posted Aug 24, 2009 in: What is the 'No Folder' folder for?
  • James T
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2009
+1 for renaming to "Inbox"
James T

Posted Aug 24, 2009 in: How do I re-order my list manually?
  • James T
thanks for the manual suggestion.

I'm sure you realize that what everyone _really_ wants is a drag and drop functionality to manual sort.

I understand that is tough to do with your current architecture. Still - we are hoping!!!!

Thanks!
James
James T

• James T
Thanks that is a good workaround.

I'd still love to see it implemented in such a way as I could see tasks completed today in all my views.

You guys rock, thanks again!
James
James T

• James T
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Hi Guys;

I'd love to see an option that allows you to show your recently completed items for just today.

It's nice to look back at the end of a day and see everything you completed.

The current option brings back way too many days if you select it to show "recently completed" It then clogs up my display. Showing just 1 day of completed tasks would be great.

thanks!
james
James T

Posted Aug 21, 2009 in: How do I re-order my list manually?
  • James T
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Hi Kim;

I know what you mean. I LOVE Toodledo - but manual sorting is my #1 wish.

As far as I can tell it's been on the books for at least a year. I'm hoping it comes to the top of the list soon!

J
James T

Posted Aug 17, 2009 in: Reorder subtasks?
  • James T
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Would really LOVE to see this one rise to the top of your to-do list soon! Seems like we must be getting close! (he said hopefully...)

keep up the great work!

JT
James T

Posted Jun 28, 2009 in: repeating - stared tasks with date
  • James T
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2009
Thanks Anders - I should have thought of that. I just normally don't have start date showing - to save screen real estate. I'll have to add it in so I can do it that way. thx J
James T

Posted Jun 26, 2009 in: ToodleDo iPhone app on sale....
  • James T
  • Posted: Jun 26, 2009
Do I understand correctly that the current iPhone Toodledo app doesn't work with the iPhone opperating system and we should wait for the 3.0 version before we upgrade our iphones? Correct?
James T

Posted Jun 25, 2009 in: repeating - stared tasks with date
  • James T
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2009
Hi

I'm trying to figure out how to have a repeating stared task show up on my stared list only on the day it is due.

Each day when I check off a daily stared task I automatically get a new task on my stared task list with the a date for tomorrow (or next week, or whatever)

Is there a way to setup a stared task to repeat but not show up on the task list until the day it is due?

I've tried reviewing the posts on setting dates, but can't quite get it to work as I would hope.

thanks!
James
James T

Posted Jun 17, 2009 in: Two big updates and 6 little ones
  • James T
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2009
I know others seem to like the pop-up box to add a subtask. I'm not that crazy about it. It just doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the UI. I would have thought that while hoving, you would click to add a subtask, which in turn would create a subtask under the parent, and allow you to start typing there. Pop-ups just seem jarring and not inline with the great UI of the rest of the project. Any chance of revisting this implementation?
James T

• James T
  • Posted: May 15, 2009
Hi guys;

quick suggestion for you. I love the iPhone app and use it all the time. One thing I like in other iPhone apps that toodledo doesn't have is the ability to parse phone numbers and make them selectable and recognized by the iphone phone app.

I try to put the phone number I'm supposed to call in the subject line of my task or in the notes. It would be really handy if I could just click on that number on my iPhone and have the iPhone ask me if I want to dial it. I love this in other iPhone apps.

keep up the great work!
James