ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
greg

Posted Jul 28, 2010 in: How do you use Folders/Contexts/Tags?
Score: 0
  • greg
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2010
  • Score: 0
I use Folders to separaate my areas of responsibilty or to group a really big project- e.g. Fun, Chores, Cricket Club, Big Work Project 1, Big Work Project 2, Big Work Project 3, House Move, Wedding. This helps me to know what area to focus on, when there's lots of contexts I could do and is a good stress reliever. This is based on the TRO method from priacta.com - they use a "Strategic Calendar" that allows you to map out your regular week showing a realistic spread of your areas of responsibility to ensure it only gets covered, and they have a unique algorithm for weighing your next actions against this. I really miss that now I use ToodleDo, but it was Windows/Outlook based and I don't have access here any more.

For contexts its all, where I can do it. E.g. home, work, errands, phone, online, blah blah.

For tags it's either people, e.g. "Simon Jones" or a regular meeting @TMS. Therefore if I bump into Simon Jones I can look up everything to do with him, or at my regular TMS update meeting I can see all the actions I want to discuss.

I also use the status. A project is Planning until I come up with the actual next actions, at which point it is Active. If it's a project I'm interested in but not actively involved it is Delegated (with the person's name in the tag). Next actions are Next Actions. If I'm waiting on someone else (name in tag) I use Waiting. Oh and I use Someday for things I think of but don't want to actually do yet.
greg

Score: 4
  • greg
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2010
  • Score: 4
Evernote for me too.