ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
lukepiasecki76

Posted Feb 25, 2013 in: iOS app update - 3.0.2
Score: 4
Hey guys,

I’ll be completely frank here. I’m quite disappointed, but not surprised, with 3.02 release.

Many folks, myself included, have spent many hours trying to help and provide you with some constructive feedback, after the abysmal 3.0 upgrade.
Today’s release solidified the feeling I had at the time – our responses were brushed off and ignored.
I had a feeling that the ‘canned’ responses to our feedback were provided just to shut us up, and ‘you knew better what the UX should be like’. You weren’t really listening.

Yes, you've fixed some of the no-brainers like font size and contrast ratios, but once again, you've released an update that is a step back, both from an aesthetic perspective and the overall user experience. I struggle to identify how this update will help me to manage my to-do lists more efficiently and effectively. Other than interface changes that seem pointless and counter intuitive, and a bunch of new bugs - I struggle to identify any real functionality improvements.

Reason why I feel you have very little taste in designing a functional app, that is great looking, feels great to use and provides a great overall user experience and other reasons why I feel you have completely ignored user’s comments and feedback:

- It’s now an order of magnitude slower
- Go to last view (when starting) doesn't work. I’m in dates>show next 7 days view, exit the app, re-open, I’m taken to tomorrow’s view. Exactly the same bug as in 3.0
- Information overload and visual clusterf*ck. Oh my… There’s almost no whitespace left with all the data displayed. The list is ugly. It’s difficult to read ‘on the fly’. It’s unpleasant to look at. Again, take a look at Any.DO app. Why not add the ability to show all this extra stuff only after a task is tapped?
- Icons are still around. Look, I’ll be direct – they are stupid and from a users’ perspective solve absolutely nothing. They are redundant, pointless, and ugly.
- Redundancy… I’m in ‘today’s tasks’ view… yet I still see the stupid dates. This, along with 3 useless icons, could have been removed and saved some ‘useless information overload’ In one of my emails, I have provided a very detailed example of a simple approach that would solve this and many other problems. Of course, I received a canned response and doubt anyone has even read it.
- Data fields are still padded with useless information. E.g. duration ‘0hrs 30min’… Why? Why not just ‘30min’? This app needs to be for humanoids, not code debuggers.
- An iconic example of your abysmal design taste is the whole implementation of adding a task… We have a button which seems to be offset for no reason (hey, perhaps this is where a nicely crafted icon could save some screen space?), a ‘quick add’ text label with a bunch of default properties which are not only useless there, but difficult to read and add to the visual clusterf*ck of the lists.
- Another one is the color matching or the lack of, with the bluish bar up at the top and the Toodledo logo (top of the screen in settings) that just looks like an amateur and unprofessional job. It’s overdone and ugly. The gradient baby blue color doesn't fit with anything else on the screen.
- You still have not solved a very common workflow scenario – ability to move a task to ‘later’ or ‘tomorrow’. When I’m in the ‘next 7 days view’ and the tasks are grouped by days, moving today’s task till tomorrow, should be as simple as dragging it under the ‘tomorrow’ group.
- You still haven’t solved the sub-task challenges
- What specific productivity challenges have you solved with 3.x upgrade?

Since you obviously see no benefit in creating a user experience that folks actually want and because mine and others’ feedback has been completely ignored, I've uninstalled your app. One less customer for you to listen to.

Thanks…
lukepiasecki76

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: Competitors
Score: 0
I think Toodledo is still missing a point, at least from iOS apps perspective. It's not the features, or not just the feature that sell software. I would say from a features perspective, Toodledo is great. But the design is getting worse and outdated: the aesthetics, looks, colors, choice of fonts, flow to the UI, clean views. Take a look at the latest Gmail all from Google or any.do. Look how clean the table views are. The apps are beautiful. Pleasing to the eyes. When I opened the 3.0 version of the app it felt like my eyes got cluster f**ked by a bunch of useless micro icons, ugly fonts, and unreadable, useless, redundant information. Fix the design. Make the app beautiful. You can't track this sort of thing, very important these days, in a spreadsheet...more features is not the answer imho. Apple users love beautiful things, elegant design, simplicity. If they wanted a visual cluster f**k, they would have gotten an Android phone :)
lukepiasecki76

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: AACK. New iPhone app awful fonts
Agree 100%. I think it's time Toodledo got a new designer as the current one clearly has no idea about most basic design principles. And by the looks of it, probably doesn't even use the app :)
Toodledle is a great product, from features perspective. From design - aesthetics and flow - it's one of the worst ones out there. Cluttered with useless and redundant information, hard to read. Typical example are the choice of fonts, colors, and a bunch of useless micro icons in 3.0 release. Combine this with the lack of customizability and you have the reason why users move to simpler, but better looking apps such as any.do.
lukepiasecki76

Posted Dec 11, 2012 in: iOS app - v3.0 feedback...
Hey guys,

It took me a while to decide to write this email and try not to sound impolite. I've noticed you've just reverted to the old layout (your iOS app) and thought maybe I'll share some thoughts on the new UI design introduced in 3.0. The first thought that came to my mind was 'Does the person who designed the new interface actually use the app?' You're losing users left and right and with every update, the app is looking worse, feels less stable, and more awkward to use.

First of all - rule number 1 - simplicity! The new UI was a cluster f**k on the user's eyes - displaying a bunch of useless micro icons and redundant information.

Let's get into the specifics:
- First of all, get rid of the icons. They add no value!
For instance, on the iPad when I click 'Due date' button on the left edge, what value does a calendar icon in front of every line add? You need to start thinking clean design and aesthetic. Look at the apps that sell well. It's not about displaying a bunch of stuff on screen at once. Do I really need to see an arrow icon in the list of my tasks before the duration? I think I could probably figure out what '2h' meant as I did in the previous version. The micro-icons just make it more confusing and less readable.
- When showing task length, do you think it's really user friendly to show '0 hours and 45min' vs. '45 min'?
- For whatever reason, the app thinks that 'today' is 'tomorrow'. When I'm in due date / today view and I exit the app, it takes me to 'tomorrow'. When my default due date is 'today' after creating a task, its due date is set to tomorrow, etc.
- Redundancy... I don't know where to start here... I set specific order of fields to be displayed (in preferences). Then the order of these is completely changed when the details under a task are shown. For instance, I will set my fields to be in this order: folder, context, length. I will sort/group by due date. Now, rather than showing folder, context, duration under task names, the app shows different fields. Often redundant information. For example, if I group on folder name, it will show folder name under details. Why??? I already have the items grouped by that field and it's not even my top 5 listed in order to be shown. Here's a simple idea: use the same interface you currently have in preferences to set the order of fields in the task detail view. Use a similar set of three buttons (above the list of tasks) that were introduced in the new version, but to set the fields that will appear as details under the task names. Eg if I set the first field (same manner as one sets the 3 sort orders) to be folder and the second field to be duration then only this data is displayed. If I only set the folder name as the first level of detail, then nothing else is displayed. Simple! Now remember these detail buttons for each view and you will have solved one of the most annoying limitations and points of confusion of this app.
- More rant about useless information:
- If I look at the detail portion of a task, at the very bottom, in white micro text there some weird clock icon displayed, followed by what appears to be the current year and a dash. What is this???
- Right under quick task add (top of the list) theres a bunch of useless information displayed (task defaults). Remove it! It clutters the screen. It's confusing to the user. It's not even readable (micro text size, white fonts on light grey background!)
- Speaking of fonts - how about letting the user set the font size, style, and color?
- Not sure what you were thinking re: micro triangles with close shades of orange for priority. Another useless and confusing idea. Who comes up with this stuff? Can they really tell the difference between the shade of orange for high priority and for example - med priority?
- If you'd like to get an idea of what a clean table design looks like, take a look at the latest Gmail app from Google or Any.do. The last one is gorgeous! And it's outselling your app like crazy. Not because it's more powerful, but because it's much more pleasing to the eye, less confusing, allows for a quicker workflow.
- There's much more. For instance, the way the notes field looks seems to be completely disjointed with the rest of the task. At the first glance it seems like the way it's been integrated points to an information that is not relevant to the task. It just doesn't 'flow' with the rest of the fields.

I know I'm sounding harsh, but I've been using Toodledo for years and the app for over a year. I've been very disappointed lately. Buggy releases... UI more cluttered and more confusing with every release... Users (people I know at least) moving to other apps. You need to get a grip on the design, simplicity, and quality of the releases. Less is more and customization is very important. I won't even get into subtasks... Will save it for another email :)

Cheers
LP

This message was edited Dec 11, 2012.
lukepiasecki76

Guys this update is a disaster :)
It was working fine on iOS 5.1 and iOS 6 until the update.
Now, the app doesn't even load on the original iPad with iOS 5.1 and crashes every few clicks on iPhone 4S with iOS6.

This message was edited Sep 20, 2012.