ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by David"
David

Posted Jul 17, 2010 in: Desktop applications for Windows
Score: 0
  • David
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2010
  • Score: 0
There isn't and I've been looking for a while too. I did however turn the web interface into a desktop application and took advantage of the sort options to configure UI into something that's much easier for me to grasp.
David

• David
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2010
Please make subtasks instantly viewable when clicking on the parent too! It doesn't make much sense to view the details for the parent task.
David

Posted Jul 08, 2010 in: iPhone app version 2.0.2
  • David
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2010
strange it actually works now! I must have been using an earlier version a few hours ago but that was when I installed the app again after deleting it a few days ago. Thanks again for the updates.
David

Posted Jul 08, 2010 in: iPhone app version 2.0.2
  • David
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2010
There's a iOS 4 bug where you can't edit the bottom folder names and there doesn't seem to be a way to scroll down to them. Does anyone else have this issue?
David

• David
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2010
awesome, thanks for the speedy updates!
David

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: My Got To Do GTD Set-up
  • David
I kind of stinks how people need specific setups to get their GTD method working in Toodledo. Maybe choices are a good thing for some people but I personally prefer CultureCode's (Things) Keep it simple and make it easy to grasp philosophy.
David

Posted Jul 06, 2010 in: Does anyone here use Springpad?
  • David
mobilenoter looks nice but I would prefer not to pay a subscription fee. For now Evernote gives me everything I need :) I realized that native pics taken on the iPhone are naturally large so I used this iPhone app called Jotnot to condense them down to mere kilobytes :)
David

• David
itunes does show apps that need to be updated but I usually don't bother updating them on my pc. There's hundreds of apps lying on my hard drive I don't play anymore but need to be updated :)

Also another suggestion: Option to filter out contexts on certain statuses like Waiting and Someday. I prefer not seeing any contexts for anything I don't need to accomplish yet :) I guess I could just assign those tasks without contexts but for some reason I like to treat all empty fields as worked inboxes.

This message was edited Jul 06, 2010.
David

Posted Jul 05, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • David
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2010
I'm confident that you'll be the most used todo list manager on the web and on iOS Devices once you get the UI issues addressed. I'm hoping this happens sooner than later though because there's always new competition on the horizon. If "Things" is any indication then it shows how people are willing to stick with an elegant overpriced Todo manager even if they are upset with the lack updates and extremely poor communication from the developers.
David

Posted Jul 04, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
  • David
  • Posted: Jul 04, 2010
Icon badges from due date tasks, next actions, etc. Also I'm not sure what triggered this but it looks like the app stopped syncing with toodledo all of a sudden. I don't remember what the message exactly said but I'm going to delete and reinstall the app again.
David

Posted Jul 04, 2010 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
  • David
Thanks for the update and the new app looks fantastic on the iPhone 4 :D I'm not really a super strict GTD'er and would love the option to see all next actions alone with customizable icon badges in a future update if possible. Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 04, 2010.
David

• David
I'm not getting any badges working on my iPad. Does anyone else have this issue?
David

Posted Jul 02, 2010 in: Lifehacker Hive Five
  • David
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2010
I love how Toodledo offers a ton of features and lets you customize them in almost any way you like, but it still has an incredibly messy UI. Google Tasks wins because it offers a very minimalistic, easy to use interface offers just enough for what most people need. I'm using Taskpaper (along with toodledo to see which one works for me) right now and it's just as simple as Google tasks, but also offers contexts which I need for GTD.

I also wouldn't trust that High Five list btw. Lifehacker always promotes RTM with their blog posts and it wouldn't surprised me if there was even employees shilling that poll. A web only todo manager isn't fully useful without smartphone access most people aren't willing to pay 25 dollars for the privilege to access the client on a smartphone. They are no where near listed on the top free apps on the productivity itunes category and most of of the top ones have accesses to toodledo sync.

This message was edited Jul 02, 2010.
David

• David
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2010
I just tried the new Toodledo app on my iPhone 4 and it's better than ever! The new retina display makes the app feel much more elegant and it's so much easier on the eyes. This app is by far better than any other todo app in the itunes app store because offers the most updates along with web syncing which is a must to me. Keep up the great work and I really hope you add some substantiation updates in the near feature. Please give us the option to add custom fields on the dock!
David

• David
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2010
It looks like Taska finally fixed their syncing issues for the iPhone and iPad. If the developer continues to update this app in the long run then this could be a really great alternative to Things, which costs a premium to own the entire setup (and they will probably overcharge a subscription fee once their long overdue web sycning function comes out). I wouldn't recommend this app for anyone who wants a consistent experience with the toodledo website though because each tasks is defaulted to a negative priority and there's no waiting status that I'm aware of yet (I created a folder for this work around). I'm still enjoying the simplicity of taskpaper but I'll probably be using Taska too because their app is really elegant and intuitive to use.
David

• David
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2010
Yeah it can feel a bit overwhelming if you have a bunch of tasks since it's basically all displayed on a single page. This feels extremely cheap but right now I'm copying my tasks synced to Simpletext.ws onto a text document to edit with Todopaper on windows. As you've mentioned I can't wait until dropbox integration to come out since all my apps will be able to directly edit the tasks from there. This is as simple as it gets and it actually feels somewhat comforting that all my tasks are safely stored onto a text document for any worse case scenario haha.

Task is still one the toodledo syncing Todo app I really wanted to like and use but the syncing is still completely broken. It's basically a Things ripoff and their iPad app is a joy to use. Once it stops feeling like a better app I'll probably give it another shot :)

This message was edited Jun 22, 2010.
David

• David
  • Posted: Jun 22, 2010
So I stumbled upon this new iPhone todo app today and it's call taskpaper. It basically has a pen and paper UI and it's incredibly easy to grasp and fun to use. It's also the main reasons why I choose the iPhone over other smartphones and I never really did get used to toodledo's web interface or their iPhone app. Taskpaper probably isn't for the advanced todo list or GTD user though because it doesn't offer due dates or repeating tasks. The closest comparison to this app would probably be Google apps with contexts. I probably won't ever going back to Toodledo as long as Taskpaper is around, but I'm still glad I gave it a chance :)
David

• David
  • Posted: Jun 17, 2010
I agree, viewing subtasks in ToDo is much better! I still like the ToDo UI because it has it has a nicer, more legible font to it and would consider going back if they offered the super fast autosync Toodledo offers. I thought about turning off sync on startup but I'm constantly switching between my iPad and iphone to view and add tasks on the fly. I'm not sure if anything will get lost in the process if I'm going to sync anyways when I'm done but I'll test it out later, thanks!
David

• David
One of the things that annoys me about RTM is how they keep their customers in the dark about everything. They take forever to come out with iphone updates, still no iPad version after 3 months and it makes me wonder why people still continue to pay them 25 dollars a year for mobile access? My guess is because they have a more elegant looking UI than toodledo and I do think this makes a huge difference for productively. I read from this tech productivity site called Lifehacker and they really don't need promote RTM (and how it's worth the cost) all the time. They must have some kind of personal involvement with RTM because I've never seen even them mention toodle do once for posts about Todo websites or iPhone apps.
David

• David
I'm back to using Toodledo now after narrowing it down between Taska, ToDo and Action lists. Taska is still extremely buggy with Toodledo syncing even after the new update so I gave up on that. Action Lists is a great straightforward GTD app but I need an option to view all tasks in the Next Action list. It also seems to have this serious bug that disables toodledo syncing on occasion and needs to be reinstalled to work again. I moved away from Todo because I'm getting tired of the manual syncing (it's not pain but it doesn't beat toodledo's instant syncing) and I like how the other task managers show the context along with how many tasks are in them.

For the Toodledo app I'm actually using folders for statuses just like in Todo to keep things minimalistic and uncluttered.

http://img341.imageshack.us/f/mobilephotojun172010808.jpg/

I can view all tasks through any folder and no folder tasks function as my inbox. The only things I'm really missing from Appigo's Todo right now is the nice Calendar view for due dates and the bulk edit feature. The iPad UI could also needs more work but other than that I'm pretty happy with Toodledo's 2.0 app :)
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next