ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Axl.l

Posted Jan 20, 2020 in: Help topics -- add folder
Score: 0
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Jan 20, 2020
  • Score: 0
Or you can go to the Folder view, and click the pen symbol in the Folder bar.

You'll end here: https://www.toodledo.com/organize/folders.php
Axl.l

Posted Nov 29, 2017 in: How do you use the "Context" value?
Score: 1
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2017
  • Score: 1
Leonard,

My Contexts are sorted with (1.) my strengths (Clifton Strengthfinder from Gallup, and Values In Action (VIA) from UPenn). Second is the actual context.

I do this to sort the most enjoyable context to the top, and hopefully make me a little bit more inclined to do the tasks.

Example:

"1 / 4 Analyse/Judge": "1" relates to my first Clifton Strenght, Analytical, and "4" is to the VIA strength "Judgement". This context should be something I do most often. Using ones top strengths will make ones life more fullfilling. This context usually refers to something on my computer, or other issues that I must analyse. [Upon reflection, this context has become somewhat of a procrastination folder, where most things are actually "waiting for" (in GTD-speak)]

Hope this can give you a new perspective on the contexts!

Regarding the strengths surveys, please do a google search! Gallup costs money, VIA is free.

This message was edited Nov 29, 2017.
Axl.l

Posted Feb 01, 2017 in: Android App Update v6.0.2
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2017
Jake,

FYI: With the latest update of the Toodledo App for Android with Searches, I'm starting to migrate my habits from DGT to Toodledo App. That's a big shift for me!

A big "Thank you" to you and the development team!

BTW: I'm still waiting for the collapsable "headers" :-)
Axl.l

Posted Feb 01, 2017 in: Downloading data from Habits
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2017
Jake, I managed to extract the data from the downloadable back-up XML-file. Very cumbersome, but doable with infrequent intervals. It will be highly appreciated when the data can be downloaded as a simple excel-file (or similar).

Keep up the good work! We users are following the development of Toodledo with a very keen eye!!
Axl.l

Posted Jan 31, 2017 in: Downloading data from Habits
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Jan 31, 2017
Jake,

Can you please consider some function or link to allow us to download, e.g. back-up, all the data from Habits.

I'vee found this old thread outlineing the problem!
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/22203/-101925/download-data-from-habits.html
Axl.l

Posted Jan 24, 2017 in: Android Saved Search Problems
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2017
I too confirm it is working! GREAT WORK!
Axl.l

Posted Jan 17, 2017 in: Android Saved Search Problems
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2017
Jake,

I tried all four, but there was no change!

Saved searches has never worked on my phone.
Axl.l

Score: 2
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Jun 28, 2016
  • Score: 2
R. Welsh, your documents were VERY useful indeed! I've gone through them, and realized I must get better at the Covey side of the "equation". My system 'side', i.e. GTD, is strong, while my meaning etc is weak!

Thank you for publishing these documents, they are highly appreciated!!!

This message was edited Jun 28, 2016.
Axl.l

• Axl.l
  • Posted: Apr 26, 2016
Great hearing from others!

TheGriff: I thought of the same thing as you, but decided it wasn't a good idea to start messing with my Goals -> Folders -> Tasks -> Subtasks hierarchy. I wish for a new hierarchy for contexts or Character Strenghts.

Salgud: Good suggestion. You can also use this : https://www.stickk.com/tour/3

CJD: Here are mine :-)
1. Fairness, equity, and justice
2. Leadership
3. Kindness and generosity
4. Judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness
5. Perspective wisdom

The theory of using Character Strengths is that the more you use them, the more you feel fullfilled. There are OBVIOUSLY other 'things' that are important too, but these are a good place to start!
Axl.l

• Axl.l
  • Posted: Apr 19, 2016
For a VERY long time, I've had serious issues with motivating myself to do all the mind-numbing, lifeforce-sucking, self discipline challenging tasks I've accumulated! They are all important to do, but (on my part) requires an ENORMOUS amount of self discipline (aka selfregulation ability/energy) to complete.

Now I've found, and still testing a new way of motivating myself!

There are some thing you need to know before this will work:

1. Knowledge of your Character Strengths (found here: https://www.authentichappiness.sas.upenn.edu/questionnaires/survey-character-strengths requires login).
When your using your strengths, your tasks will give you energy, and it will be a natural motivation to do the tasks. When using your strengths, you are exercising the very things that make you happy/content/state of flow!

2. Set up your contexts with a character strength, e.g. Read-review (6. Love of learning). In my case "Love of Learning" is my 6 strength, and by using my love of learning, I'll have a better life. All your contexts should have one or more attached Character Strength.

3. Do the tasks, and start feeling energized and happy!!

It works for me, and I hope to hear about your experience!!
Axl.l

Posted Aug 14, 2015 in: Problems loading Task pages
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Aug 14, 2015
Task pages are not loading properly! They are VERY slow, with wrong images!

Habits are working fine!

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Axl.l

Posted Feb 03, 2015 in: Habits and changing old data input
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2015
For some reason, one of my input data points have been put in as "958" (or something) when it should have been "95.8". This skews the curve ever so slightly!

Obviously I want to change this data point! BUT, I can't go back to the date due to limitations in the dropdown meny to "week before last".

Question: How do I change data points which are before "week before last"?
Axl.l

• Axl.l
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2015
Dear ipsque

Click on the "Search" text in the margin under "Toodledo" logo.

Once there try this search:

"Due date" + "is in the next" + "3" days

Does that do the trick?
Axl.l

Posted Dec 31, 2014 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 5
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2014
  • Score: 5
One thing: desimal!

E.g. when monitoring my weight, I wish to have a comma point (or punctuation, depending on your preference), if my weight is 97.4kg today, and tomorrow my weight is fallen to 96.6kg. In this case there will not be a change in the stored value in the Habits section of 97kg!
Toodledo-moderator: Please put in the number column a "One decimal number", as is possible in the List-section!An appeal to the Toodledo-team:
You should try to keep things really, REALLY simple! With all the tabs and sections, the interface is starting to clutter up. I hope this is a part of the integration strategy of Toodledo! I have suggested in an earlier post (a long time ago) that both Outlines and Lists should be integrated in a form of Folder! This will make Toodledo much more flexible and powerful! One of the Folders could then be a Habit folder!
Axl.l

Posted Nov 26, 2014 in: Google Inbox
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2014
Yes, I'm trying it!

For the GTD novice with ONLY Gmail, I think Inbox can be useful.

I haven't experienced any particular benefits, due to having most of my activities in TD, and in my Work-email.

In short, Inbox can be useful for some people, but just not me!
Axl.l

Posted Oct 02, 2014 in: Site Slow?
  • Axl.l
  • Posted: Oct 02, 2014
Me too! I'm in Norway!
Axl.l

• Axl.l
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2014
Fixed it!

Changing the search from "All" to "Any" and used this search formula:
Match of the following criteria:

1. "Checked Off": "No"
AND
2. "Due date" "is before": 'Tomorrow'
AND
3. "Due time" "is not in the next": '1440' min.

OR

AND
2. "Due date" "is before": 'Today'
Axl.l

• Axl.l
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2014
Dear all,

I'm trying to make a search which will ONLY show the tasks where the Due TIME has passed.
The search I'm trying is
2. "Due date" "is before": 'Tomorrow'
3. "Due time" "is not in the next": '1440' min.

I'm not getting the result I'm expecting. Only the tasks for the previous 24 hours, and not before!

My question: Dose "Due time" consider the time exclusively without regards to the date? E.g. "1100 today" is considered the same as "1100 yesterday".

Thanks for any clarifications!
Axl.l

• Axl.l
  • Posted: Aug 29, 2014
When writing your goals you should consider using Change Anything structure as a basis:
http://www.amazon.com/Change-Anything-Science-Personal-Success/dp/0446573906

This system is mostly based in science and research, and provides a good framework to develop achievable goals!

I've been through the audio book a couple of times, and the Change Anything approach is very instructive! Obviously I haven't completed all their exercises :-)
Axl.l

• Axl.l
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments!! Very instructive!

I had a hierarchy of goals, but it got out of hand! Some projects (TD-Folders) were lifelong, while other were short term. I consolidated all goals into one for each of the four 'businesses' I run (which sounds much cooler than it is!!), private (which includes family things), personal 'development', and financial. So in short, my TD-Goals are my Areas of Focus.

Salgud, I concur! Twisted minds think alike!

I'm missing the possibility to 'elevate' small projects (TD-tasks) to large projects (TD-Folder). This may be solved by the new Outlines, even if Outlines are still in its infancy.

An observation I've made is that there is an opportunity for Toodledo to integrate Outlines and Lists, to make a hierarchy AND action lists in a single interface. How the Outline/List will be shared between outlines and users, remain to be seen!! The future for Toodledo is exciting!
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next