Posted May 04, 2012 in: UGH! Subtasks and exporting to an email
Score: 0
  • drsuds
  • Posted: May 04, 2012
  • Score: 0
Posted by PeterW:
Posted by drsuds:
What I need:

Copy and paste my work tasks for my boss into an outlook office email.

An easy workaround is to just take a screenshot and put it into your email. SnagIt by TechSmith is a great tool for this kind of thing as it pops up a simple editor after you've grabbed the screen so you can trim it down to size.

Not able to manipulate the text that way. I don't exactly like the way toodledo does it's formatting for my print outs or emails

Really, check the workflowy or gtasks format for indented subtask handling.

I like where toodledo is going with it's look, but it would be nice to get it to convert to other useful formats like that.

not being able to export
- subtasks indented like this in text format
- is a real problem for me
you should add it to your todo list
- that was almost a funny ;)
drsuds

Posted May 04, 2012 in: Sync with Google Tasks
  • drsuds
  • Posted: May 04, 2012
that would fix everything
drsuds

Posted May 02, 2012 in: UGH! Subtasks and exporting to an email
  • drsuds
  • Posted: May 02, 2012
doesn't work.

What I need:

Copy and paste my work tasks for my boss into an outlook office email.

Key Points:

- Gmail is blocked at my office and so is Google tasks. This is common for a lot of businesses.

- As an ex gtasks user, I'm a paying customer with toodledo but I'm missing some of the gtask functionality. I'm used to a export to page or to printer that shows a nice indented subtasks format similar to what you see on workflowy.com I'd use workflowy, but they don't have multiple lists as a feature.

- Print function in toodledo does not render text to a web page first.

- Print outs are small and contain column data. No way to extract this data

- exports are cumbersome. No effecient way to get that data into a indented subtask format like gtasks or workflowy

- even in email export from toodledo, subtasks are lost.

This is pretty frustrating. It's pretty difficult to find an android app that handles subtasks in an indented way and smoothly as the gtasks android app.

Summary:

Need indented subtask functionality for web / doc export, android app, and printing

Google Tasks.

This message was edited May 02, 2012.
drsuds

Posted May 02, 2012 in: Charging for Sub Tasks a bit naughty
  • drsuds
Sub Tasks are available for free with google tasks. But google tasks doesn't have all of the other wonderful features of toodledo

also note, the subscription fee per year is not very naughty at all next to other pay task driven sites.
drsuds

Posted May 02, 2012 in: Hello i am new here
Score: 1
  • drsuds
  • Score: 1
Monkey?? ?
drsuds

Score: -1
  • drsuds
  • Posted: Apr 20, 2012
  • Score: -1
OH MY GOD. My life has been turmoil since my job blocked google tasks. Stupid google bundling it with their web mail. The other down side to Google is that it IS evil, and likes to crawl your personal stuff. Like tasks and mail.

God bless toodledo though. It's great, it does my indented subtasks as long as I pay a small fee for the year, I can handle that.

But I can't agree more on the apps they have for android. I paid for toodletasks and it can't list the sub-tasks indented or with proper hierarchy.

I wish developers would learn from google's simple but effective design. Click, and type. Tab to indent and make a subtask. Workfowy can do this, but lacks multiple lists / folders / pages + no android app.

*sigh*

This message was edited Apr 20, 2012.