ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dontomp"
dontomp

Posted Jan 06, 2013 in: Toodledo for iOS downgraded
Score: 1
  • dontomp
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2013
  • Score: 1
Just wanted to say that I tried the new version and I liked it. :O Everything worked fine, as far as I could tell, so I was surprised that it was withdrawn. Hope to see it again soon.
dontomp

• dontomp
  • Posted: May 27, 2012
I am very glad to hear that you are working on this.

My suggestion is to scrap the whole "Super Private concept. If sharing/collaboration really worked as I believe most users expect, i.e. noone can see anything of mine unless I authorize it, then there would be no need for "Super Private" folders, goals, tags, or whatever.
dontomp

Score: 0
  • dontomp
  • Posted: May 17, 2012
  • Score: 0
I don't understand.

On the Manage Folders page, it says:

"If you are using our collaboration tools, the 'private' checkbox will prevent tasks with that folder from being shared."

That suggests to me that if I want to collaborate with anyone, and I do, I have to remember to mark every folder with tasks I *don't* want to share as private. It suggests that any collaborator can see everything of mine unless I take action and hide it by marking the folder as private.

I hope I am wrong because I find that very counter-intuitive and it makes me reluctant to collaborate via Toodledo at all. What if I forget to hide a folder? What about tasks which have not been assigned a folder?

Just saw this:

"Private folders are only needed when you have chosen to share all of your tasks with someone"

What does that mean, specifically? That private folders are only needed if one has marked the checkbox to share all folders with a collaborator? Because that is not the same as just "using" your collaboration tools (see quote above).

When would someone want to share all their tasks with someone else anyway? For example, I expect most people want to use the same Toodledo account for both work-related and personal tasks. And isn't that what you want? How often do those spheres overlap with someone else's to make it useful for him/her to see all folders by default?
dontomp

• dontomp
  • Posted: May 12, 2012
Sorry, this is all backwards, IMHO.

I find it absurd that I have to take action and explicity mark stuff as "private". Noone should ever be able to see anything of mine, unless I decide to share it somehow.

It is the stuff that's visible to others that should have markers, not my private stuff.

At least give us the option to hide the markers.
dontomp

Posted May 07, 2012 in: Default context per folder?
Score: 0
  • dontomp
  • Posted: May 07, 2012
  • Score: 0
Is there a way to configure a folder so that any new task created in that folder automatically gets assigned a specific context?