ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mark_1337909683"
mark_1337909683

Posted May 30, 2022 in: Rich Text yes/no?
Score: 0
Rich text would be my only reason to upgrade. If I stick with the current version and do not upgrade to the beta's eventual general release, will my (this) current version still be supported?
mark_1337909683

Posted May 25, 2022 in: Rich Text yes/no?
Re Toodledo Beta

Most of my tasks and notes are created using Windows MS desktop Outlook. The problem being a task (for example) containing an outline or bold or... loses the formatting once syncing.

Does the Beta address the addition of Rich Text in Tasks and Notes?

Thanks,

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Jul 30, 2020 in: iOS 3.4.2 Update
Current Toodledo beta AND iOS Beta 3

The postings here do not correspond to my installation.

Although I said (through Test-flight) a few days ago that the problem of tasks NOT updating was resolved by an uninstall/re-install, that was incorrect.

Yes, the problem did cease but just for the one time sync post install. Since then tasks continue to not sync. As stated previously, the Toodledo website tasks correctly correspond with my desktop Outlook tasks. The (my) problem is between your website and my iOS install.

Is anyone else using the iOS Beta along with the Toodledo beta?

Kindly reply so I know whether to continue your beta or not.

Mark
mark_1337909683

My iPhone went swimming, buying a new device today.

I will restore from the iCloud.

I've had problems in the past on first sync after a restore. The restored data is always older than my desktop Outlook that is synced to you. This isn't a problem involving syncing my pc to your server. The problem is either a T problem or a setting between you and the phone.

The first T sync iPhone to you will frequently, if not always, result in duplicate tasks and on a few occasions, overwritten desktop OL (after OL syncs with your servers) newer tasks.

Since I'm using restored data and not newly installing T, as soon as i open T on the phone, the app will sync and I'm in trouble.

Questions:
1. What are the correct settings (I'm almost positive that I had them correct) at your server and the phone that are required to prevent the above?

2. How do I prevent the restored T app from automatically syncing (current setting) so I can check and fix settings as necessary?

3. Is this a bug or is this totally me and a setting mistake?

Thanks,

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Feb 11, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
FYI, I tried sync on edit vs. start. Once I make the change to a task and close the task the app syncs and freezes the screen.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Feb 07, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
So I can understand my sync problem better--

As I've said recently and maybe a year or so ago, the (my) iOS app has never not stalled on sync. Over the years, whenever I've run into a Windows/DOS program bug the thing was intermittent and required me providing parameter feedback to allow the programmer some way to zero in on the problem. However, I'm utterly mystified that the sync problem I always have, never not have had--you cannot get to ever occur! So there's obviously no way to provide parameters.

Given we're dealing with Apple--1 OS and a few versions of their hardware, the condition makes even less sense (not being a programmer).

Since I'm not going to mail you my phone <g> and apparently there's no log for you to review, other than uninstall and reinstall the app I guess we're sort of at zero figuring out why?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Jan 08, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
I'm for whatever is your easiest (quickest) coding method.

If it's to do all syncing in the background like the native iPhone calendar does or,

Split the options as suggested or,

Insert a 'Kill' button that allows you to abort the sync, get on with your task work and then let sync clean up upon exit,

I think they all accomplish our goal of not having to (sometimes) anxiously watch the frozen syncing screen until the app allows user input :-)!

This problem is the only reason that I do not use the app for grocery shopping. I could turn off syncing but as I've mentioned I'm rather good at forgetting to turn it back on.

Also, I've recommended the software to at least 3 folks since my download. But to be candid, I did so with the caveat that the app had a real limitation for 'real time' iOS work--the sync freeze.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Jan 03, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
I wish. Whether I'm in process of creating/editing a task or opening new, as soon as sync starts any and all input is frozen until sync completes. This has always been my experience.
mark_1337909683

Posted Jan 03, 2017 in: Add an iOS sync option?
You currently have sync on open/close as a single option.

When I choose to add a task on the phone I first have to wait for the sync operation to complete before continuing. Often waiting is not a welcome prospect given a current situation. When I know I'll be doing a lot of task work during a period, I often turn sync off. That's fine as long as I remember to turn sync back on!

What is the argument for splitting the current single sync option into a separate sync on open, sync on close?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 21, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
No crash post download your latest version a few days ago (trusting I'm not jinxing this <g>)

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 14, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
One of my last statements was incorrect.

The app does clearly crash while in a text area edit screen that was opened prior to the start of 'start/exit' sync.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 14, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
As for me and to further confound--

I can say for 100% that my crashing problems are not necessarily linked to syncing. In fact, I cannot remember an incident when the app crashed during a sync.

Completing a repeating task has not triggered a crash.

My crashes almost always occur while editing a task and, from memory, almost always in the text area not the header.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 06, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
Score: 1
I would change the 'maybe' a third to 'there's a third'. Happy hunting ;-)
mark_1337909683

Posted Dec 04, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
I believe I'm running a newer version (3.3.7 (5209)). If that's correct then the crash problem with iOS 10.1.1 remains unfixed. You are likely aware of this--just being certain.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Nov 22, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
The '2nd build' of 10.1.1 'broke' my phone. Apple telephone support could not restore/update. I was sent to a local Apple store w/a priority case#. The store has the ability to restore not just the OS but the firmware. I walked out of the store with a functioning phone and the most current build of 10.1.1 (the same one that broke my phone)

The phone continues to crash 2-3 times/day depending upon Toodledo use.

Bottom line, the problem is not with the iOS update.

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Nov 19, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
App crashed 3 times yesterday.

iTunes has been pestering me about downloading/installing 10.1.1 even though already installed. Per Apple forum, the update is a newer build and carries the same version #. Currently I'm having difficulty (at Apple's end) downloading the update. However, once downloaded, I'm just wondering if the bug is Apple's or you? Have you all tested the app/bug with this latest build?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Nov 14, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
Yesterday, I just had the app open to tasks. I did not have a task open to edit. The app crashed.
mark_1337909683

Posted Nov 11, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
The app worked fine with 10.1. My problem is with 10.1.1

I do not sync w/Apple anything.

I use Gsyncit to sync between Windows desktop Outlook, your website and then to your app. The app does not crash during a sync operation. The crash always seems to occur when I'm editing an existing task and 'I think' when I'm in the process of editing a new task.
mark_1337909683

Posted Nov 11, 2016 in: iOS 10.1.1 crashing Toodledo
Score: 1
I thought that I had posted this question yesterday in discussion yet I do not see it on the board. I'm re-posting now as a question.

Ever since updating the iPhone 6 to 10.1.1 Toodledo consistently crashes. The crash is a simple 'app closes' but results in the screen going blank, then a twirling logo, then the logon screen. Oddly, it seems once the app crashes and is reopened the app tends to be fine for a while (no longer than a day).

Is this known by you?

Mark
mark_1337909683

Posted Oct 09, 2016 in: Allowing Rich Text in Task text fields?
Re: iOS/Win10/Outlook/Gsyncit

Any movement toward allowing for .RTF vs. .TXT in Task text fields?

Mark
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next