ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by davek"
davek

Score: 0
  • davek
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2019
  • Score: 0
Posted by J.O.D:
How about using Optionally on and repeat daily, if only for the vacations? That way this task will allways be just due today.

I use this a lot and it works well for tasks that need to show up on my list daily, but may not always get checked off.
davek

• davek
  • Posted: Jan 04, 2019
This is what I do for travel activities, and other similar activities.

I create a parent travel task with all the regular subtasks with no due dates on any of them. When I need to plan a trip, I simply clone the parent (which also gives me a clone of all the sub tasks), and then assign due dates to the newly created tasks.

I use due dates for everything in Toodledo, except these template tasks, so they don't get in the way on a day-to-day basis.

My list of subtasks is relatively small (20 or so), so it's not a big job to set the dates individually.

This message was edited Jan 04, 2019.
davek

Posted Apr 06, 2017 in: Response times on the new layout
  • davek
  • Posted: Apr 06, 2017
Ok, I fit in the several thousand (completed) tasks category.
davek

Posted Apr 05, 2017 in: Modify saved searches in new layout
  • davek
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2017
Thank you.
davek

Posted Apr 05, 2017 in: Modify saved searches in new layout
  • davek
How does one see and/or modify existing saved search criteria in the new layout? It's not jumping out at me, like in the previous layout.

I have a number of predefined complex searches that I 'tweak' at run time to get the results I need. I'm not seeing how I can do this with the new layout

thanks

davek
davek

Posted Apr 05, 2017 in: Response times on the new layout
  • davek
From what I've seen thus far, I'm really liking the new layout. The grouping of the icons on the left, the new record entry on the right, selecting repeat options, the repeat arrow in the check box, crossout of completed tasks, all nice features.

However, the new layout does not seem to be as responsive as the current version. Date updates take a couple of seconds, screen refreshes are slower. Is anyone else seeing this? Is this the expected performance when released?

Running windows 7 with Chrome.
davek

Posted Nov 30, 2016 in: Display Goals as a Hierarchy?
Score: 3
  • davek
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2016
  • Score: 3
Is there a way to display Goals in a hierarchical view?
davek

Posted Oct 14, 2009 in: Tasks created on iPhone not Syncing?
  • davek
  • Posted: Oct 14, 2009
I've been seeing a similar thing for the past week or so. Many of my tasks are not making it to the iPod touch. Tried clearing database, reinstalling, playing around with filters etc. No avail.
davek

Posted Jun 05, 2009 in: Two big updates and 6 little ones
  • davek
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2009
Love the new clone feature. Thanks
davek

Posted May 22, 2009 in: Repeating tasks
  • davek
  • Posted: May 22, 2009
Do you have these tasks set to repeat?
According to
http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=42

it should only disappear if you do not have repeat set.
davek

Posted May 20, 2009 in: Repeating tasks
Score: 2
  • davek
  • Posted: May 20, 2009
  • Score: 2
Try the ? operator before the due date. (or use the <optionally on> on the date window). This will automagically move the task to the the next day if you don't do it today. Adding the repeat will copy it to tomorrow, when it's done today.

I have a number of tasks, that I do this with, as I want to track that I spent some effort on this on a given day.
davek

Posted May 20, 2009 in: Two More Improvements
  • davek
  • Posted: May 20, 2009
Posted by castiron:
I don't usually have the delete icon displayed, so when I want to delete a task, I change its name to "delete me"; later, I do a quick search for all tasks called that and delete them all at once.

That's a good idea. I don't want to commit valuable window space to a delete icon that I rarely use.

I recently used the Ipod touch application to delete some duplicate tasks that I inadvertantly created.
davek

Posted May 13, 2009 in: Copying tasks
  • davek
  • Posted: May 13, 2009
Posted by Linden:
My workaround for this it to set my task to repeat daily.

When I check off the task for today and refresh the page, the task is already duplicated for the next day and I can edit the details to reflect the small changes needed for that next part.

This is usually just a change in the notes, but sometimes also a tweak in the task's actual name/action.

That's what I do as well. Seems though, that the notes don't stay with the completed task, and it only follows the outstanding task. Is there a way to keep the note with the past task?
davek

Posted May 05, 2009 in: Two More Improvements
  • davek
  • Posted: May 05, 2009
I'm just curious, why do you delete tasks? Is there a task number limit, or disk space limit? I virtually never delete, as clicking complete takes them off the list.

(ok, I did delete one when I got a duplicate task due to an interrupted sync).

Leaving them on the system (but checked off), allows me to review history, if I need to.
davek

Posted Apr 23, 2009 in: Updates to due dates and start dates
  • davek
  • Posted: Apr 23, 2009
Just wanted to say thanks for the Optionally on qualifier....

It is an awesome feature! Saves me alot of effort from manually moving the optional tasks from day-to-day.

Great job!

davek
davek

• davek
  • Posted: Mar 23, 2009
Now that's handy. I've always been using the Start date to hide optional future tasks, but then I always had to manage them if I didn't get to them that day.

I gotta say, that I've been really happy with how well I've been able to use Toodledo in my day-to-day organization.
davek

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: List of Tags
  • davek
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Another vote for some way of structuring tags. My Toodledo structure is broken down into:

Location (contexts) - work, home, etc
Responsiblity (Folders) - ProjectManagement, Support, TeamLeader, etc
Projects (Tags) - ProjectNames

One idea for a solution may be to have the tags as an auto-complete field which allows me to type the beginning of each Tag, and have the tool auto-complete, based on the existing list of tags. If a new word is typed, then that tag becomes added to the list.

'course that's just my 2 cents.
davek

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: Context in iphone
  • davek
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Posted by roddyt:
The key is that I use the Context View as my default View By setting.

On the iPhone there is a setting for the Start page. I have that set to Contexts, so when I start the app it gives me the list of contexts which I select as appropriate.

Roddy

Same here. I played with using the Hotlist and Due dates as the default startup, but I keep going back to Context. When the tool launches on my iPod Touch, select where I am (Home, work, shopping), and I'm away.

It's the best solution for me.
davek

Posted Mar 12, 2009 in: D/L Attachments to PDA
  • davek
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2009
That would be really nice.
davek

Posted Feb 18, 2009 in: iPhone Toodledo V2
  • davek
  • Posted: Feb 18, 2009
Isn't that what contexts are for? Just curious, why that doesn't work for you?

Because TD is flexable in terms of setup, I always learn something new from the way other people use Toodledo.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next