ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dherst"
dherst

Posted Mar 05, 2021 in: What on earth is going on with support?
Score: 0
  • dherst
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2021
  • Score: 0
I just renewed my subscription with an annual payment, and it created a duplicate account. The payment was processed, but when I log in it still tells me my subscription has expired. I opened a ticket but they say the queue is over 500 and the wait time is 37 biz days.

Has anyone else experienced this?
dherst

Posted Jul 30, 2011 in: What happened to the bulk entry URL?
  • dherst
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2011
I understand how to get to the Add Multiple form in the new interface. That was not my question. My question was: There used to be a separate URL that would take you to that form directly. I kept a separate browser tab open to that page all the time. Is there a URL that accomplishes the same thing in the new interface?

I'm guessing NO, or you would have told me.

Thank you
dherst

• dherst
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
In the new interface you have replaced tabs across the top of a page with a list on the left. E.g. for the Folder view, you have a list of folders down the left.

That's great, but if the list is long, you may have to scroll down the page to remember what folder you're viewing. Same for tags in Tag view, contexts in Context view, selected search in Search view, etc.

How about putting the name of the selected folder (tag, context, etc) in a header at the top of the page. Also put it in the window title. That way it will be always obvious exactly what list you're viewing.

Thanks
dherst

Posted Jul 28, 2011 in: What happened to the bulk entry URL?
  • dherst
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2011
I use bulk entry all the time. I had a separate browser link to that page and kept it open in its own browser tab. Now that URL is gone, and Toodledo tells me to use a link that doesn't take me to that page.

How do I continue doing what worked so well before?
dherst

• dherst
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2010
Posted by hm:
I want to add a quick link to my bookmarks that brings me directly to the "add task" screen. Does such a URL exist?

There's a URL for the bulk edit screen: http://www.toodledo.com/bulk.php

When I open Toodledo I open several tabs at once, including that one. Very handy.
dherst

• dherst
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
I echo the comments of others about being heavily dependent on your product and about using the iPhone app as a stopgap. It's a *very* awkward alternative (because of limitation with the iPhone vehicle, not with the app itself), but it was better than nothing.

Here's a suggestion I was going to send before the outage: Create a desktop fat client app that could be used offline and sync up on demand the way the iPhone client does. The web interface is great for what it is, but let's face it: fat clients have distinct advantages.

Please consider this.
dherst

Posted Mar 11, 2009 in: Prioritizing your subtasks
  • dherst
  • Posted: Mar 11, 2009
I've wondered the same thing, though I rarely have so many subtasks that I can't see at a glance what order they should be executed in.

But here are some ideas:

1. Put the list numbers in the task name, then do a secondary sort on Alphabetical.

2. If the tasks don't overlap in time, do a secondary sort on start date or end date.

3. If you're not using tags, put sorting numbers in the tags, then do secondary sort on tag.