ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
JWest

Posted Jan 08, 2009 in: Sharing Tasklist with Boss
Score: 0
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2009
  • Score: 0
I am using Toodledo to get more organized at work. Is there any way to let my Boss see my tasklist including what I have accomplished?

The public charing link seems to only show uncompleted tasks.

Also, are there any reports that I can generate and email to my boss?

Thanks
JWest

Posted Jan 06, 2009 in: Issues creating tasks via email
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 06, 2009
Are you using a context that you've already created via the webpage or a new one? I don't believe new ones are accepted via email.
JWest

Posted Jan 05, 2009 in: move folders to new account
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2009
I think contexts are supposed to help manage that complexity.

Nonetheless, if you want to move folder to a new account, I would export your tasks using CSV, open the file with Excel and remove the tasks you don't want to carry to the new account, then save and import that CSV into the new account.
JWest

Posted Jan 03, 2009 in: Email Imports
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2009
It also appears that if you use a new foldername in an email task, Toodledo will NOT create a new folder. This is inconsistent with the CSV task import which DOES add a new folder when a new foldername is encountered.

This message was edited Jan 03, 2009.
JWest

Posted Jan 02, 2009 in: Expanded notes
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2009
I have a 'toggle notes' link near the top, in yellow, in the customize area, next to 'toggle dividers' and 'toggle subtasks'. It works for me.
JWest

Posted Jan 02, 2009 in: Email Imports
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2009
Well, I played around with this a little. It could be much more powerful than it is. Here are a few more suggestions:

- use something more like the CSV format so that a non-Toddledo person can send us task requests via email with an intuitive format

- maybe using a form that we email them [first time only], they fill-in and email back

- put the sender's email into the Assignor field so we know where it comes from

- have a switch or field that lets us see proposed tasks and then accept them, rather than takes them all (reduces the risk of giving out our secret address

This way we could give our address to bosses, colleagues and wives and let them send us tasks, errands, chores, etc. Not only would it be useful, but it would also help spread the work about Toodledo.

[BTW I think Outlook lets you email task requests. The Outlook task request would be another format that you should import, like the calendar .ics attachment]

This message was edited Jan 02, 2009.
JWest

Posted Jan 01, 2009 in: Anyone using Dial2Do.com?
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2009
If you look at how to add a task via email, there is already a simple way to add tasks with revealing username or password. You can also give this 'private' email address to your boss or wife who could email you tasks on the fly.

This message was edited Jan 01, 2009.
JWest

Posted Jan 01, 2009 in: Task Templates
  • JWest
  • Posted: Jan 01, 2009
I forgot to mention that the best way to learn about the CSV format is to export your tasks to CSV, then open the file with Excel. You can delete unwanted tasks, leaving just what you want in your template, also add and edit tasks to your liking.

I am a new Toodledo user, so there may be some unexpected behavior. If so, post it here.
JWest

Posted Dec 31, 2008 in: Task Templates
  • JWest
  • Posted: Dec 31, 2008
You can make a set of re-usable tasks or a template by saving them as a CSV file. In the folder name field, use a new foldername, when you import it, Toodledo creates a new folder with that name and populates the folder with the tasks that you defined in your CSV template. Use generic names like "New Folder" and relative dates, like "Today" as the due date, etc. After you import the list, you then rename the folder to whatever you like.

I manage a lot of projects and use a new folder for each one. Each project has a set of standard tasks, like setting up the project milestones or checking the actuals against the budget every week or writing monthly reports. I have these all set up in a CSV template that I import each time I set up a new project.
JWest

Posted Dec 31, 2008 in: Email Imports
  • JWest
It would be nice if you could email a CSV file to be imported into your task list.

This would provide a nice way to make new tasks while offline in the iPhone app, then queue them as email messages to be integrated into your list when your back online.
JWest

Posted Dec 31, 2008 in: upgrade iPhone App
  • JWest
For some reason, the App Store would not indicate that there was an upgrade available - not sure why. But, if you 'buy' the app again, you'll get a message that it's free since you already own a previous version.
JWest

Posted Dec 31, 2008 in: Repeating folders
  • JWest
I think I have a work around. If you make your template as a CSV file with a new folder name, when you import it, Toodledo creates a new folder with that name and populates the folder with the tasks as defined in your CSV template. Assuming you do this with generic names like "New Folder" and relative dates, like "Today" as the due date, etc, it may work for you. After you import the list, you then rename the folder to whatever you like.

John

This message was edited Dec 31, 2008.