ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
cseder

Posted Nov 28, 2012 in: Sync with Google Tasks
Score: 1
  • cseder
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2012
  • Score: 1
I've been struggeling with finding a good solution to my task and project needs fore some time now.
I've tried everything there is out there I think, like the paid Todoist, Producteev, RTM, you name it. I've tried getting a healthy setup between my iPad, Windows Workstation, Macbook and Android phone using many different approaches.

On my phone I find it easiest to use the built in Google Calendar to add tasks with a date and appointments. I would like to have these synced back to Toodledo, but this doesn't work correctly.

I can see my Toodledo stuff in my Google Calendar by importing the iCal link into Google Calendar setup, but they are read only.
https://www.toodledo.com/tools/sync_ical.php

But I can't synchronize google tasks and appointments back into Toodledo which is a pain.

But as I said this is not exclusive to Toodledo, I've not managed to get a decent setup using any other tool either.

But, being a Pro Plus Subscriber I hope this will be prioritized by the Toodledo developers, to let people finally manage their lives without too much fuzz and complicated setups.

This is a basic list of functions to expect as a Pro Plus subscriber:

1. Seamless two-way synchronization with Google:

When you create a task in Toodledo without a date -> Create a Google Task of it. Task with date -> Create a Google Calender Event.

When you create a task (no date) in Google Tasks -> Create a default task in Toodledo.

When you create a Google Task with a reminder -> Create a default Toodledo task without a date with a reminder.

When you create a Google Calendar Event -> Create a Toodledo task with the date as a due date.

2. Desktop Application
A good desktop application for Windows, Mac and possibly Linux.

3. Uniform Mobile Apps
An App that looks and behaves similar on both iPhone, iPad and Android (plus possibly Windows Phone and Blackberry)

What I have to do now:
Now I have to use 3rd party apps on all platforms except on iPad. This is not satisfactory.
I have to manually create my tasks in two places to be sure not to miss out on anything. This is stressful and error prone.
If this does not get better in the NEAR future, I'll cancel my Toodledo subscription and find a better way to use just Google solutions, because this setup really suck.