ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ming.lai"
ming.lai

Score: 2
  • ming.lai
  • Posted: Jan 30, 2013
  • Score: 2
Jake, is the ability to use saved searches (from the website) on the mobile site on the radar? if not, i'd like to propose that because that would probably speed up some of the performance issues with the mobile site if you have lots of tasks.

I created a view for 2 week look ahead + past due items which limits the tasks significantly and is much speedier.
ming.lai

Score: 0
  • ming.lai
  • Posted: Jan 18, 2013
  • Score: 0
I'd like to reiterate Pat's comments

I love the mobile client. It works offline. I only had one sync issue since starting its use back in Nov and that was probably as a result of massive changes.

It could use some performance optimization but it's not unusable. I have about 130 tasks at any given time and it's manageable.

The part that could really use some improvement is the numerous taps to add and fill in details for a new task.

I have a nexus 7 tablet so i don't know if the behavior is different for others...I've made some additions to Pat's list

1) Tap the "+ Task" button
2a) Tab the task name field so get the keyboard to show
2) Enter the name of my task
3) Tap "Add"
4) Watch the hotlist flicker
5) View the task details
6) Tap the folder button
7) Watch the folder window come up
8) Select a folder
9) Select the due date (optional) button
10a)Tap the entry field for the date to get the keyboard to come up
10) Select a date
11) Go back to Hotlist (or wherever)

I guess the point is that I think you can program the keyboard to show automatically. The user is there to enter a value especially for the task name. You can argue that the date might be selected via the radio buttons.

Never the less, these improvements would make the mobile app even better.

Posted by pat.gallant:
I really like the new m.toodledo.com client. In fact, I prefer to use it on my iPad than the native Toodledo app.

If I might make a request, would there be a way to add some sort of quick entry of tasks to the mobile client? Right now if I want to add a task I:

1) Tap the "+ Task" button
2) Enter the name of my task
3) Tap "Add"
4) Watch the hotlist flicker
5) View the task details
6) Tap the folder button
7) Watch the folder window come up
8) Select a folder
9) Select the due date (optional) button
10) Select a date
11) Go back to Hotlist (or wherever)

That's 10+ steps to add a task to a folder with a due date. One of the key things about having my task list on-the-go with me is the ability to rapidly add tasks as I think of them.

Thanks,
Pat
ming.lai

Score: 1
  • ming.lai
  • Posted: Dec 14, 2012
  • Score: 1
Posted by David:
I agree with Gordon. I'm using Ultimate ToDo List, but I'd much rather use a native android Toodledo app.

When buying my first tablet, I was VERY tempted to get an iPad just for the ability to run this app. I now have a Nexus 7, and all I need is an Android Toodledo app to make it complete.

Sure the features might be richer in a native app but I'm new to TD and the mobile site has been perfectly fine. I have a nexus 7 tablet and my wife has an ipad. We both use the mobile site. She doesn't even use the TD iOS app. We both use it while offline. The sync seems to be pretty good. On the desktop, we go to the website.

Am I missing something?

This message was edited Dec 14, 2012.