ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by PT_Ken"
PT_Ken

Posted Jul 08, 2017 in: Problems with GTD
Score: 1
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2017
  • Score: 1
I have posted a followup article about using the higher horizons of GTD (Principles, Values, Goals) and the difficulty of relating those to the lower horizons of Projects and Tasks.

https://medium.com/@ken_72982/the-other-top-three-problems-with-getting-things-done-2400f3f8c4e8
PT_Ken

Posted Jul 03, 2017 in: Problems with GTD
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2017
Getting Things Done is a fantastic system, but it is difficult to implement and maintain. I have written a short article about this and the role that apps like Toodledo play on Medium which you can read here:

https://tinyurl.com/uzdnfl8
PT_Ken

Posted Aug 26, 2016 in: API from Google Scripts Javascript?
Score: 0
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2016
  • Score: 0
Okay, thank you! Off to code...
PT_Ken

Posted Aug 25, 2016 in: API from Google Scripts Javascript?
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2016
Fantastic. Then it looks like I will move forward. One last question. To register my app with Toodledo, a web site and redirect URI are required. How can I register my app if I will not have either of these? This app will be for private distribution only and will simply exist as a Google App Script.

Thank you.
PT_Ken

Posted Aug 25, 2016 in: API from Google Scripts Javascript?
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Aug 25, 2016
Posted by Jake:
If its only JS then it won't work. We haven't worked out the security aspect of letting JS access our API yet.

Does this statement from the apps-script guide solve that problem? I keep asking because I don't want to invest my time if it isn't going to work. Thanks for your help, by the way!

APIs that act on behalf of a user usually require authorization, often using the OAuth protocol. Apps Script doesn't provide built-in support for the protocol, but there are open source libraries you can use to perform the OAuth flow and send the credentials with your requests:

OAuth1 for Apps Script: Compatible with OAuth 1.0 and 1.0a.
OAuth2 for Apps Script: Compatible with OAuth2.
PT_Ken

Posted Aug 24, 2016 in: API from Google Scripts Javascript?
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2016
It looks like it's not supported directly, but there is a means for implementing the authorization:

https://developers.google.com/apps-script/guides/services/external

My post was in response to previous posts I saw that stated Javascript was unable to access the API, and also this thread <https://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/19548/0/google-apps-scripts.html>

Thanks.
Ken
PT_Ken

• PT_Ken
Yes. I'd like to access certain Toodledo tasks from this script with the idea of sending it by email to Evernote inbox, or similar types of interfaces that accept email.
PT_Ken

• PT_Ken
I'd like to create a Google Script that can extract certain tasks from Toodledo. I've read that this was not previously supported but that it may be someday. I'm writing today to ask if there has been any progress on this. Is it possible to use a Google Script to access Toodledo via the API?

Thank you.
PT_Ken

Posted Jul 12, 2014 in: Pocket Informant
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2014
Hello. I am a long time Toodledo Pro user. I currently use the Toodledo app on my iPhone 5c (iOS 7) and also the web site. I am also a long time GTDer. My question about Pocket Informant is really about two things -- GTD and the app itself. Because GTD is my primary focus, I am posting my question here instead of the 3rd party apps section.

I have recently learned of Pocket Informant. Does anyone use this currently on the iPhone?

1. How good is the GTD implementation?
2. How does it handle projects? How do projects sync with Toodledo?
3. What do you think of the app in general? Any comments good or bad?
4. How is the sync in general with Toodledo? (I am hesitant to test the sync with the free trial because I don't want to mess up my data if there is a problem.)
5. How does PI compare with the Toodledo app (current versions)?

Although I really like the current Toodledo app for iPhone, my biggest issues are still lack of "good" subtask support and no project support. I don't use folders for projects because it just does not make sense. There are too many projects to manage with folders. Projects need to be much more dynamic than the way Toodledo handles folders.

So, I'd appreciate any comments about PI that you would like to share. Thank you.
PT_Ken

Posted Jun 10, 2014 in: Hotlist Filtering
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2014
I have my Hotlist settings as follows:

A task with any of these criteria will appear on the hotlist:

Has a priority of '3 Top' or higher.
Has a due date in the next 7 days.
Has a star.
Has a status of 'Next Action'

I have a task with the following fields set:
Priority: 3
Start Date: 6/12/14 (Two days from now)
Due Date: 6/12/14 (Two days from now)
Starred: Yes

When I view my hotlist, I am filtering to show Future Tasks.

Why then does this task not show up in my hotlist? If I change the start date to 6/10/14 (today) then it shows up in the hotlist.

1. Shouldn't it show up since I am showing Future Tasks in the filter?
2. Shouldn't it show up even if I don't filter to show Future Tasks since I have starred it?

Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted May 29, 2014 in: iPhone not syncing deleted task
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: May 29, 2014
I had a similar problem and found this item:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=76

I hope that helps.
PT_Ken

Posted May 29, 2014 in: iPhone Sync
  • PT_Ken
I solved my problem. I had just recently changed my e-mail for login from the website, but I did not change it on the iPhone. This caused the two to be out of sync. What I don't understand is why the sync seemed to be more or less working otherwise. Tasks entered on the phone still made it to the web site, so sync was not completely broken.

Although my problem is solved, I'd like to understand why this happened this way.

Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted May 29, 2014 in: Filters for Search
  • PT_Ken
Is there a way set the filters for a search? For example, I use a negative priority for a project, subtasks have a non-negative priorty. To see my next actions, etc. I use filters to hide tasks with a negative priority.

Unfortunately, when I use a saved search for tasks with a negative priority (to see my Projects List) the result is an empty list with a message "4 tasks are hidden due to your filter settings." and a link to turn off the filters. Isn't it obvious that I want to see negative priorities in this case?

How can I change the filters automatically in this and similar situations?

Thank you.
PT_Ken

Posted May 28, 2014 in: iPhone Sync
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: May 28, 2014
I've checked again and it looks like the 10 tasks that are not syncing are all tasks that I deleted from the web site, but they do not seem to have deleted from the iPhone app. This is the same problem posted by another user within minutes of my original post.
PT_Ken

Posted May 28, 2014 in: iPhone Sync
  • PT_Ken
I have just finished setting up my new system for using ToodleDo for GTD. I have a saved search that is my "Inbox". I processed all of my existing tasks so that my Inbox (search) comes up empty.

After I sync'd my iPhone ToodleDo app, the "Inbox" saved search showed up okay, but it is not empty! There are 10 items in it. I checked back on the web site again and it's still empty there. I waited nearly an hour (in case for some reason the database needed time to update) and the iPhone app still showed 10 items in my "Inbox" search.

The search simply looks for all tasks where "Checked Off" is No and "Context" is No Context.

Is this a bug? Have others experienced this? Can I expect this for only saved searches, or for tasks in general? I'm truly banking on seamless sync between the two and I've never had a problem before, although I never used saved searches before now.

Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted May 28, 2014 in: Reading List
  • PT_Ken
I added a reading list from the lists tab. No matter which sorting method I select, the list remains in the same order -- the order that I entered the items. Is this not working or do I need to do something else to get the sorting to work?

Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted May 28, 2014 in: Filters
  • PT_Ken
Okay, thanks!
PT_Ken

Posted May 27, 2014 in: Filters
  • PT_Ken
  • Posted: May 27, 2014
When I set some filters to limit the tasks I am viewing, a number appears next to "Show" in the filter button. What exactly does this number represent? I could not find that in the FAQ and it's not clear to me exactly what it is counting. It's not the number of tasks I'm seeing. Is it the number of tasks being hidden due to the filtering?

Thanks.
PT_Ken

Posted May 27, 2014 in: Grid View Columns
  • PT_Ken
In an old post I read a feature request to be able to have certain fields active but hidden when in grid view to help simplify the layout. Was this ever implemented? Is there a way to do this? If not, please consider this a feature request.

Thank you. :)
PT_Ken

Posted May 27, 2014 in: Reorganizing Toodledo
  • PT_Ken
Okay, thank you for the information. Now that I understand about archiving folders, I need to ask why we don't also have that option for contexts which are also user defined?

For this particular reorganization it will not be a problem to lose contexts, but in the future I may decide to "tweak" my setup and I might want to preserve the previous contexts, particularly for completed tasks. This is mainly because I am integrating Toodledo into my work task management in addition to my personal task management.

Thanks.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next