ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dockterj"
dockterj

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: due dates
Score: 0
  • dockterj
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2011
  • Score: 0
My take on this is that the weekly review is critical. You have your project and in that project you have all the tasks that need to get done. Some are actions and some aren't. It is your weekly review that makes sure you are driving towards deliverables. What I get out of GTD is that putting start dates and due dates on SNAs is not what tells you what SNAs you should be working on and with very few exceptions your SNAs don't really have due dates (if they do they are probably calendar items instead of SNAs).
With that said I use start dates in my tickler folder. This makes is close to the accordian folder that David Allen talks about in the book.
dockterj

Score: 1
  • dockterj
  • Score: 1
I think he meant to type web application.
dockterj

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: Export list of items only
  • dockterj
You can also export the completed tasks to a csv file (http://www.toodledo.com/connect_csv.php). If you open the file in a spreadsheet you can sort by completed date and copy only the items you are interested in.
dockterj

• dockterj
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2011
I need to reread that thread too but the way I got this to work was to use sub-tasks. So in the project folder you have projects as top level tasks with all tasks for that project under them. Tasks stay in the project folder unless they are actionable (SNAs). At that point they are moved to the actions folder. The sub-task link stays. The "Hidden" view helps immensely when looking at the projects folder.

Without sub tasks I think the only way to make it work is to use a separate folder for each project.
dockterj

Posted Feb 07, 2011 in: Starting to muse a gtd-based toodledo
  • dockterj
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2011
Thanks Peter,
I have a folder for tickers and it is the part of GTD in TD that works least well for me now. I have recurring ticklers as well as single occurances and some have start dates and some have due dates. I wish TD could sort by either start date or due date.
dockterj

Posted Feb 04, 2011 in: Starting to muse a gtd-based toodledo
  • dockterj
  • Posted: Feb 04, 2011
Peter, can you expand a little on how you are handling inbox and ticklers? I'm using a proximo setup and inbox seems to work ok for me but ticklers are not.
dockterj

Posted Oct 19, 2010 in: Updates to Subtasks
  • dockterj
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2010
I'll amplify vsbsubscribe's comments. What I really want is a fourth option that displays the parent task and and subtasks that match the current search criteria. This might be confusing unless you also add some feedback to the user that not all subtasks are displayed and maybe a toggle to display/hide non-matching sub tasks.

This message was edited Oct 19, 2010.
dockterj

Posted Oct 19, 2010 in: Updates to Subtasks
  • dockterj
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2010
This is great! I am using Proximo's GTD setup so I have a folder for projects and a folder for actions. With the new "Indented mode shows all subtasks nested, even if the parent shouldn't be visible" I have better visibility of tasks in my Actions folder when in "indented" mode. I only wish I could force my Projects folder to always open in "Hidden" mode but I can live with that.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but will this new functionality be carried over to the iPhone app?