Search results for "Posted by Kochava"
Kochava

Posted Jun 05, 2013 in: Toodledo Toosdays: Optional Tasks
Score: 1
  • Kochava
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2013
  • Score: 1
Posted by ecassidy:
I'm confused why if it is a repeating task and you don't complete it when it is optionally due why it then moves forward to the next day. And as a result I'm not able to figure out how I can make a list with subtasks that are due optioanlly everyday and if I don't complete them on a day they still appear the next day. My goal is to be able to have a list with everyday items like take vitamins, exercise, etc. and be able to track the statistics of when/how often I actually complete them. I don't want to have to check off of an item to make that previouis days task disappear as that will throw off the accuracy of the statistics feature. Suggestions?

If I understand your question correctly, that's exactly what optional due dates will help you do. For instance, I have "Dishes" as a daily task, but I don't do them every day. If I do the dishes, I mark it complete. If I don't do the dishes, I don't make it complete, and today's task "disappears" at midnight and a new Dishes task appears due today.

The annoyance is that the task stays on your to do list the rest of the day. After poking around the forum today, I realize this can be remedied by using deferred statuses. If I don't want to do one of those repeating tasks with a "fake completion" or deleting the task (which would delete without repeating), I can change the status of the task to "canceled." If you go to "Show" and de-select "Deferred Tasks," the item will "disappear" from your day's to do list without actually being completed.
Kochava

Posted Jun 05, 2013 in: Editing Saved Searches
Score: 0
  • Kochava
  • Posted: Jun 05, 2013
  • Score: 0
My annoyance with editing saved searches is that it appears you can't edit the name of the saved search. Anyone know how to do that without deleting the search and making a new one with the new name?