ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by gregg.plummer"
gregg.plummer

Posted Mar 20, 2015 in: Displaying completed tasks
Score: 0
Nevermind... I figured it out.

I used the Search feature.

I toggled 'Checked Off' to yes; next I set the 2nd criteria to 'Folder' to limit my search to a specific type of task; and then I made sure the view filter checked 'Completed Tasks'. Finally, I saved this search.
gregg.plummer

Posted Mar 20, 2015 in: Displaying completed tasks
Score: -1
How can I view completed tasks? I know there is an option to display 'recently' completed tasks, but I want to view a task that was completed longer ago, like a few weeks to months ago.
gregg.plummer

Posted Mar 17, 2015 in: Android App Updated and Redesigned
You mention that the next step is to improve how lists are sorted/filtered. I don't see a way to view my lists. I can work with my tasks, notes, outlines and habits.

Is there a way to work with my lists? If so, how?
gregg.plummer

I'd like to create a task for paying my water bill to the local utility. They told me the bill is due 20 days from the 12th of every month. So, for this month (August, 2014) the next bill is due on September 2nd.

How can I define a repeating task to be due every month on the 12th plus 20?

That probably isn't possible, so is there a way to set it to repeat on the last day of every month. This way, I will probably always have enough time to make this payment by the 12th + 20. However, I can't seem to create a task that will repeat on the last (or 2nd to last) day of every month.
gregg.plummer

Posted Dec 20, 2013 in: Auotomatically change task status
Thanks for the link. I understand that GTD is more than a productivity tool. I still don't think creating a way to automatically set a status is necessarily such a bad thing.

Thanks for the other link as well. I see it was originally posted more than 4 years ago. Have some of the features changed in Toodledoo since his original posting (sorry, but I don't have time to read through the whole thread at this time...)? Why doesn't he just use the 'Status' field instead of 'Folders'?

This message was edited Dec 21, 2013.
gregg.plummer

Posted Dec 19, 2013 in: Auotomatically change task status
It would be great if there was some sort of 'Rules' feature.

For my example above, I'd like to create a rule so Toodledo automatically changes the status of every task that is due today to 'Next Action', unless the task has an optional due date.

It might be nice to have a similar rule that set the status for everything else that is due this week to 'postponed' and tasks due beyond this week are set to 'planning'.
gregg.plummer

Posted Dec 17, 2013 in: Auotomatically change task status
I am a new Toodledo user and am also trying to follow the GTD methodology. I read the book a few years ago, but haven't really used the technique and would like to integrate it with Toodledoo. I am also using an Andorid app that is compatible with Toodledoo called "EveryTask", which seems to follow the GTD method.

In EveryTask, they have collection boxes labelled Inbox, Next, Waiting, Scheduled, Planned, Sometime, Projects and Horizons.

I assume these collection boxes are the same as the STATUS in Toodledoo.

I also assume these Status categories mean the following in GTD:

none = Inbox
Active = Next
Next Action = Next
Delegated = Waiting
Waiting = Waiting
Postponed = Scheduled
Planning = Planned (these seem to be scheduled tasks that are several weeks away)
Someday = Sometime
Canceled = not applicable to EveryTask
Reference = not applicable to EveryTask

When I started using Toodledoo, just a couple days ago, I also started immediately with EveryTask. The GTD methods are part of EveryTasks UI, but the method isn't obvious when you work with Toodledo. After entering the tasks in Toodledoo, I used EveryTask to move them into the 'Scheduled' container. After discovering the 'Status' field in Toodledo, it shows that the scheduled tasks that are coming up pretty soon are given the 'Postponed' status in Toodledoo and those that are scheduled later (not sure what the time frame is for this) are given the 'Planning' status in Toodledoo.

Is there a way to have Toodledoo automatically move a task from 'Postponed' to 'Next Action' on the day the task is due? Is there a way to set the time frame for when a task is set to postponed or planned?

Is there a relationship between a task's priority and the GTD status? Does a negative priority put a task in the 'Someday' status?

I appreciate any advice you can provide.