Search results for "Posted by michi-b"
michi-b

Posted Jan 28, 2009 in: CSV Notebook Import, Delimiter
Score: 0
  • michi-b
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2009
  • Score: 0
Thanks a lot for your hint!

Had to quote consistently every cell and also the already existing quotes ("-> "") in the messages. Now it works fine and I was able to import all my Palm messages.
michi-b

Posted Jan 26, 2009 in: CSV Notebook Import, Delimiter
  • michi-b
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Well, I followed the manual of the Appigo Notebook Tips& Tricks Website (http://www.appigo.com/notebook/tips/import-palm-mac) to import my Palm Notes. Usually, Excel creates CSV-files with a semi colon as delimiter, which is quite usual too.

Palm Desktop doesn't export line breaks in notes as it, so they have to be replaced/reconstructed manually (see manual above). For that, I've already quoted the fields, but the CSV import Wizard doesn't seem to respect the quotes.
michi-b

Posted Jan 24, 2009 in: CSV Notebook Import, Delimiter
  • michi-b
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2009
Hey Folks!

I was trying to import a CSV file with ";" as delimiter into my notebooks (edited Palm Desktop for MAC export). But the import wizard seemes to use "," as delimiter, which is kind of senseless, because a lot of note entries contain "," as regular phrase content.

Is there a way to import ";"-CSV files?
michi-b

Posted Jan 24, 2009 in: Dashboard Widget is not valid
  • michi-b
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2009
I've downloaded the Dashboard Widget for Mac OSX and unzipped it (both from this site and the apple dl page).
When I double click on the widget the following error appears:
The file "Toodledo.wdgt" is not a valid widget and you cannot install it.

I use Leopard 1.5.6