ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by aleding"
aleding

Posted Feb 13, 2023 in: Slack, support, & product outrach
Score: 0
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2023
  • Score: 0
Is the Slack channel still being used in any meaningful way for the TD user community (I hope not)? Also, are these Forums considered the primary support path or are there other support options as well? And last, what about outreach to the user community regarding things like roadmap, release schedule, requested features, overall feature list, etc.? I know there is TD Blog but is there anything else being used or maybe planned for the future?

Thanks.
aleding

Posted Sep 21, 2021 in: A Message From Jake
Score: 1
  • aleding
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2021
  • Score: 1
JAKE!!! Hope things are going well with you and yours - especially in these crazy times...

As you can see, you are sorely missed but mirroring your optimism, I along with many remain hopeful. Well actually, I would say that I remain cautiously optimistic. As I said 3y ago at the first sale, actions speak loudest of all so we shall see --- Fingers crossed and all that.

All the best to you Jake and take care...
aleding

Posted May 09, 2020 in: We’re Back
  • aleding
  • Posted: May 09, 2020
I posted a list of suggestions in response to TD mgmt's query about "what they can do" which was then summarily down-voted. While possible this was a fellow TD user, I presume it was actually the TD mgmt. folks which, if so, is just more confirmation how dead this app really is...

I wonder if Jake is laughing, crying, or vacillating between the two...or maybe just doesn't care anymore since they sold it off (pretty sure it's the last one)...
aleding

Posted May 03, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 4
  • aleding
  • Posted: May 03, 2020
  • Score: 4
DISCLAIMER: If anything I mentioned below has been done, then apologies for restating. I do not review every single post on these forums so not privy to every single action that has taken place......

############

Hi Anant --- things you \ team can do for we the users in order to gain \ revive \ grow user trust and drive higher usage and subscriptions:

(1) Offer a reduced subscription plan for at least the next year or so; especially for previous and long time users (i.e. over 3y or so). I would offer this for everyone or maybe tiered meaning one level for new and another deeper discount for longer term users.

(2) Publish a road map WITH DATES...and under-promise \ over-deliver on these dates. Do NOT put anything down that you know cannot be met. FORSEE the outcome --- No excuse for failures to hit targets.

(3) For all FRs, publish a dispo for each of these even if not going to be implemented. Having a suggestion just end up in a blackhole --- especially when more than one user suggests it --- is frankly just lame. We're all adults here and if someone has an FR that doesn't make the cut then so be it --- I'm sure we can handle it.

(4) However, when considering FRs and the roadmap, listen to your users as they are your best resource re: making TD as good and better than what it has been.

(5) Ensure constant & vigilant communication with the users groups via all communication channels but most importantly via these forums. This is the largest bang for the buck so to speak in terms of hitting both individualized and group outreach.

(6) And last but definitely not least --- DELIVER.

If you can do the above, then I believe you will go a long toward restoring TD credibility and hopefully take it to a new level.

This message was edited May 03, 2020.
aleding

Posted Feb 27, 2020 in: Threads locked
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 27, 2020
Agree with jimk222...this company has TANKED since it as sold just over a year ago and there has been little to no communication from the new owners.
aleding

Posted Feb 11, 2020 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2020
I have learned a little about Amazing Marvin's security model and processes and because many of us tend to be security conscious, I thought I would share here...

First, I think it's good to understand that while user data is encrypted during transit (TLS) and at rest (LUKS1 + AES-256), the AM staff does have the ability to log into user accounts and access the unencrypted data.

Accessing user accounts is very rare and only done for narrowly defined situations. Also, accounts are not accessed without first obtaining user authorization to do so. If permission is not given, then the account is not accessed.

The number of people with the ability to access user accounts is very small --- essentially just the company owners. However, this is subject to change as dictated by the needs of the company.

User passwords are stored only as hashes and not in plaintext so how they actually access user accounts is not completely clear.

Because the user data is accessible when logged in, then AM must have access and\or control of the encryption\decryption keys.

The platform is hosted on both AWS (app services) and IBM Cloudant (DBaaS) with the latter managing all encryption keys.

DISCLAIMER: None of the above should be taken as any kind of opinion or that any vulnerability\weakness exists. I provide the above information solely for user edification.

This message was edited Feb 12, 2020.
aleding

Posted Feb 11, 2020 in: Are Help Tickets being processed?
  • aleding
I think it would be the gross exception if you get any kind of useful response. Note I said "useful" as you may hear back but I very much doubt if you will get any real help. The disintegration of ToodleDo is truly tragic...TD was once an incredible application and if the current feature set works for you, then I guess it still is. But if taking into account future development, support, cost, etc., then by all appearances, TD is just a shell of what it used to be and its longevity is in serious question..

This message was edited Feb 11, 2020.
aleding

Posted Feb 11, 2020 in: TOODLEDO DOES NOT WORK ON CHROME
  • aleding
Hmmmm...I will try to test the newer version and if so, I'll let you know any results...
aleding

Posted Feb 10, 2020 in: TOODLEDO DOES NOT WORK ON CHROME
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2020
Which version are you using? I have v.79.0.3945.130 and it works fine...just checked...everything is there and accessible.
aleding

Posted Feb 10, 2020 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 10, 2020
I decided to check out Amazing Marvin and it is indeed a pretty strong app and as others have said previously, TONS of customizations. I took advantage of the 1y free deal (THANK YOU @byerun) but do have one key question --- infosec. Does anyone have any details re: their infosec systems and processes? I did read their privacy policy but it is pretty anemic so I sent AM an email but nothing back yet....

This message was edited Feb 10, 2020.
aleding

Posted Feb 09, 2020 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2020
@byerun: +1 for the start date...I too am at a loss for why so many omit what I find to be a required field. As you probably already now, RTM does have this and while the finish is not quite at the same level as something like Todoist, I must say that functionality wise, RTM is pretty solid...
aleding

Posted Feb 09, 2020 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2020
EDIT: I found your previous posts where you discuss RTM...please disregard my question in the OP...

@beertell: Great write-up - many thanks. I too opted out of ToodleDo and migrated to Todoist about a year ago. While I found TD to be very functional during this time, I did also keep an eye on RTM. Did you take a look at them during your quest?

This message was edited Feb 09, 2020.
aleding

Posted Feb 07, 2020 in: Are Help Tickets being processed?
  • aleding
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2020
And...ToodleDo = TRAGIC
aleding

Posted Jul 12, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
  • aleding
  • Posted: Jul 12, 2019
Just checking in after being gone for a while and WOW...very sad to see my and many other's feedback --- especially re: pricing --- was just basically round filed.

After just 8 months at the helm, it looks like the new owners doubled the price while not evolving the app very much at all. I recall that back in Oct when we users threw a Defo-fit re: the $$$ increase, the reasoning was that they needed $$$ to fund going forward development...seems that was either outright fiction or just wishful thinking --- perhaps a bit of both.

I base what I say on the plethora of "...bye-bye TD..." comments I see in this thread...If I have it wrong, please feel free to correct me...otherwise it's just very very sad...
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2018
Posted by M:
Things that always bring me back to Toodledo are the flexible recurrences, and the pretty-powerful search. And the ability to export which, unfortunately, is probably going to be what I do: export and build an Excel workbook with macros that will let me complete/reschedule, and filter as I choose, without being at the whim of another task list provider (with the exception of Microsoft but, I suppose, if Excel ever sucks I'll have a problem again). I want to do SQL, but can't find a free database hosting service.

You can easily get a VPS host running MariaDB\mySQL\PostGRE for under $10\month...
aleding

Score: 4
  • aleding
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2018
  • Score: 4
Nothing being discussed in this thread actually justifies the new pricing model - not by a long shot...

The reason why we've all chosen TD is not due to discrete features. The reason why we've stuck w/ TD is due to its collection of key features under one umbrella for a given price point - that all translates into lots of value across a diverse set of users. Change any element of that equation and you also change the value proposition. With the new pricing structure, cost went up + functionality remained static ---> value went down - easy peasy...

As a comparison, look at something like monday.com - somewhat spendy service on the surface but when considering what they offer, not that bad at all. And rather than going with a startup-mentality of trying to get investors (or in our case, we the users) to pony up development capital, they first delivered a solid service and then they ask the users for the gold...

And to pre-empt pushback about monday.com's costs, they do offer a 2-user license at about $200\yr (so $100\user\yr; includes an 18% discount that doubles to 32% at 2y sign-up) but the web and mobile app are FAR SUPERIOR when compared to TD. Add to this the fact that they're actually discussing price reductions for the 1- and 2-user license (hopefully down to sub $70 for 1-user and sub $150 for 2-user) and I think they become a pretty strong value proposition when considering TD at $90\yr.

This message was edited Oct 21, 2018.
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
If anyone has examples of services that opted to first grossly increase the cost to the user and then went on to follow through with the quid-pro-quo of adding value, I'd love to hear\read them...

Fire away...

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Posted by matanln:

The service is about to enter an intense, costly development phase.

So we keep hearing...again, the talkin' part is beyond done...
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
The key aspect missed by many who see no issue with the new pricing is cost over time...

Most other ToDo apps out there will cost anywhere from $30-$50 for the desktop app & maybe another $20 for the mobile app - total investment is sub-$100 and typically at $70...and this is for at least 1 yr. of service but likely much more than 1 yr. if people decide to not upgrade annually. And this is even further extended by the fact that several apps are now offering lifetime licenses for that same cost point.

What this means is that at $90\yr., ToodleDo doesn't just need to be better than those apps - it needs to be a whole helluva lot better than those apps - orders of magnitude better...something I personally believe impossible to achieve...

Yes TD can get better but not that much better...therefore I'm still not even close to being able to justify the new pricing scheme...

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.
aleding

• aleding
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Posted by Chardar Fuxus:
Here is a survey I sent out to IQTELL users before it shut down. 90% of those users were willing to pay over over $60/ year.

Based on the survey they would have had:
63% retention at $180/yr
39% retention at $240/yr

If these same stats ring true with this platform, they stand to substantially increase their revenues while decreasing their low pay/no pay customers which decreases the variable expenses attached to each of those users.

Ridiculously low survey domain - 126 responses??? Seriously??? This will sound harsh but there is no other way to put it...this is nowhere near credible information and therefore not a very reliable survey...

That said, outside of possibly the enterprise market, common sense dictates that nobody will pay anything near $180\yr. on a tasking tool - and that number is a stretch even for an enterprise tool which TD clearly is not and has a long way to go to get there.

Value is mostly subjective ESPECIALLY when weighed against the inertia of using a given product for even a moderate period of time.

TD is an awesome tool mainly, I believe, due to the degree of tweak-ability it affords the user which I believe translates directly into it being tailorable for most individual's use case. However, there are many ToDo tools out there that do surpass TD in several areas but always seem to lack in 1 or 2 areas that I simply can't live without. Again, enter the almost endlessly tweak-able TD to the rescue...and for that I tolerate the horribly ugly UX, the almost unusable mobile experience, the complete lack of any reporting, etc...etc...etc...

So despite the tweak-ability aspect, with those key glaring holes, it is impossible to justify going north on cost with zero functional increase...

Cart has been placed several meters before the horse...
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4      Next