ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
dan.julian

Score: 0
Just came to ask this--I keep accidentally tabbing out of the date box when I mean to tab to the alarm settings. Would love to see that as a future update!
dan.julian

Score: -1
Very happy with this update! Thank you!
dan.julian

Posted Aug 04, 2011 in: Easy Integration with Outlook
Score: 26
Hi All,

So maybe this isn't a helpful hint for many people, but it was nice for my purposes.

Goal = Integrate Toodledo w/ Outlook 2007.
Problem = Nothing exists which does this, and which maps my fields properly. (Chromadrake's software isn't working for me. It won't map my subtasks.)
Problem #2 = I'm techno-incompetent.

Stupid Solution =
1) In Outlook 2007, in the upper right hand corner, select "New" --> "New Folder."
2) In the pop-up, create a name for the folder (I used "Toodledo") and set it to "Task Items" in the dropdown, and select "Tasks" as the location for the new folder.
3) Right-click on the new "Toodledo" folder, and select "Properties."
4) In the pop-up, click the "Home Page" tab, and enter the following: http://www.toodledo.com/slim
5) Select "Show home page by default for this folder"
6) Hit "OK."
7) Enjoy the minimalistic Toodledo site within your Outlook tasks folder.

Now, I know this is not true integration with Outlook, but it's better than nothing. And, if your Outlook has a blue color scheme, it even fits with the general look.

If someone can recommend a better approach, please do!

PS - If you prefer a certain view on load-up, try the following instead:
http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_hotlist
http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_astar
http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_folders
etc....

This message was edited Aug 04, 2011.
dan.julian

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: Notes - Batch Delete?
Thanks for the quick response! I don't have any 3rd party apps--I used to, but it was quite a while ago. No worries. I got them deleted.
dan.julian

Hi,

I guess the subject says it all. Just think this would be nice, rather than using HTML tags.

Thanks,
Dan
dan.julian

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Notes - Batch Delete?
Hi,

After the re-design, I noticed I suddenly had about a dozen versions of each note. I'm going through and trying to delete them, but it's time-consuming deleting one after the other. Is there a way to select a whole batch of notes and delete those?

Thanks,
Dan
dan.julian

Posted Mar 02, 2011 in: Chromatic Sync Issue
Hi all,

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but after installing the Chromatic Outlook Sync tool, it will only sync (from toodledo to outlook) 15 tasks of my 69 tasks. There's nothing unique about these tasks - they come from different folders & contexts, but no matter what settings I play w/, no other tasks will sync over. Any ideas?

--Dan J.
dan.julian

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: More Hotlist Customizability
This is great. The Hotlist will be much more useful as an "at-a-glance" number now.

Thanks, guys!
dan.julian

Posted Sep 30, 2010 in: Status: How do you use it?
So, I know Toodledo's help section gives a recommended use for the status field, but I've kind of naturally fallen into the following pattern:

None - I don't use this one.
Next Action - A true-blue, GTD Next Action; not a project.
Active - A project that I've started and need to finish.
Planning - A project I'm planning (i.e., still identifying the first couple of steps).

Delegated - I don't use this one.
Waiting - A GTD "Waiting For" task; waiting on someone to do something.
Hold - I don't use this one.
Postponed - I don't use this one.
Someday - Again, the GTD "Someday/Maybe" pile.
Canceled - I don't use this one; I just delete them. Your needs might differ.
Reference - I don't use this one. (I use the notebook.)

Anyhow, let me know your thoughts, how you use the status field, etc.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2010.
dan.julian

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
You guys are great. The task title change is a big help--have a lot of long titles so that I don't have to open notes all the time. Will definitely re-review the app.
dan.julian

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: New Tag Picker
I just have to say thank you again. I switched about 6 months ago from another online task manager (it was bovine, and it didn't support GTD), and I'm continually impressed by how regularly the Toodledo team pushes out solid, useful updates, and how well they communicate with their user base about their project plans.

Thank you.
dan.julian

Posted Nov 13, 2009 in: Manual Sorting of Subtasks.
I love it.

Toodledo continues to impress. Leaving that other site with the cow and coming here was the best productivity decision I've made in almost 3 decades*.

*I'm almost 3 decades old.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2009.
dan.julian

Posted Sep 08, 2009 in: Twitter set-up
Thanks, Anders. I'm golden now. For some reason, I had the e-mail but no place that Toodledo wanted to follow, but no follow requests on my twitter page. It's up and running now.
dan.julian

Posted Aug 31, 2009 in: Twitter set-up
If twitter sent me the e-mail saying Toodledo's ready to follow me back, but then my new follow requests show zero, do I need to change my settings from private twitter to public twitter, or is it something else?

Probably a stupid question.
dan.julian

Posted Jul 27, 2009 in: Cutting back on free support tickets
@Toodledo:

I'm happy about this. The more free you are to do what you do best, the better it will be for all of us, free or paid users. Though I will say that additional support is not the only reason to upgrade--I'm loving the subtasks.

++Keep Doing++