ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
lkpcampion

Posted Jul 22, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted
Score: 0
Posted by keef:
Please mail me if you want to be a beta tester (my email address is in the first post), to keep things manageable I am running the beta program via email.

keef

Hi Keef,

I did email you early this afternoon. Hope I can get a hand on the beta and help out in the development.

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted Jun 28, 2009 in: The length of the "Folder Name" field
Thanks!

I'll stay with the current implementation for now. However, I do think it'll lift an unnecessary, while very significant, constraint to GTD practice by extending/removing the limits on folder name length. I wonder if there's anything special to folder name as compared to task that it can't be longer. I suppose it'd only have to do with data-structure - which hopefully can be improved too.
lkpcampion

Posted Jun 28, 2009 in: The length of the "Folder Name" field
Posted by lite1:
Posted by lkpcampion:
Posted by Toodledo:

The constraint really limits the GTD practice in this regard.

Campion

I strongly recommend that you consider a Pro subscription. Most of us who adhere to at least 80% of GTD principles find that the ability to have Parent & Subtasks opens vast opportunities (not only for GTD) but any approach. Many but not all those with Pro (regardless of whether they follow GTD or not)choose to use Folders for areas of focus/responsibility; Parent tasks as projects and subtasks for the actions needed to accomplish the project.

Try the free Pro trial; at only $15/year if you are serious about using TD and GTD you will probably never look back. The limitation of Folder name length will drop by the wayside if you follow the above. DO some reading on the forum on handling projects both within the GTD subforum and elsewhere for ideas.

Edward

Thanks Edward,

I actually use TD together with PI iPhone.Both of these give me good implementation, and PI has been my favorite PIM program for long.

That said, I do acknowledge that the more 'program' or 'tools' I have (using PI + TD instead of just TD itself) gives rise to constraints. In this case, folders are sync to PI iPhone as projects & this gives me good overview of actions related to projects, while in another view by context.

That's the reason behind my using folder as projects - it'd be great if there'd be work-arounds.

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted Jun 27, 2009 in: The length of the "Folder Name" field
Score: 1
Posted by Toodledo:
The folder naming convention was established very early on and it has just kinda stuck around. We should probably revisit that and loosen the constraints.

Thanks

May I know if there's any plan soon to increase the possible length of folder name?

GTD (or at least DA does in the old GTD Fast seminars) advocates for explicit & descriptive project names (so one doesn't have to think what the 'successful outcome' is for each project when they see the title).

The constraint really limits the GTD practice in this regard.

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted Jun 01, 2009 in: Outlook Sync - Contexts
Posted by keef:
No, its still on the frame but I can't give you any delivery estimates I am afraid as I am finding very little time to work on the synch application at the moment. When I am able to develop it further adding this feature is high on the priority list.
keef

Keef,

Thank you for your reply. We earnestly look forward for it. Personally, this is going to map a big gap in our task manager between outlook & ToodleDo

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted May 29, 2009 in: Outlook Sync - Contexts
Hi,

Is this out of the picture completely?

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted May 18, 2009 in: Outlook Sync - Contexts
Posted by keef:
It is still the plan, but the 'next release' could be anything from 1 to 3 months away
keef

Hi Keef,

May I know how this is lining up in the queue now? Shall we anticipate this functionality in the near future?

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted Mar 23, 2009 in: Outlook categories as context?
Posted by keef:
I hope to have some support for Category->Context mapping in the next release. That Should be available before the end of next month.
keef

Thanks a lot. Looking forward to it!
lkpcampion

Posted Mar 23, 2009 in: Outlook categories as context?
Hi Keef,

Sorry to bug you. ^^Would you be able to estimate when the context<->categories sync would be made available?:)

It's a free tool, so of coz you are not obliged in anyway. I'm just curious.

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted Mar 15, 2009 in: Outlook categories as context?
Posted by keef:
A lot of people have asked for this. I am considering it for a future release
cheers
keef

Keef,

It just comes to my mind. In the additional implementation of outlook categories<->contextx, It'll be really nice to treat Folders alternatively as projects, and/or assign & option to selectively sync particular folders, like the case in the current implementation of contexts.

Only if this doesn't add too much of load.

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted Mar 15, 2009 in: Outlook categories as context?
Posted by keef:
A lot of people have asked for this. I am considering it for a future release
cheers
keef

This is absolutely wonderful. I'll be earnestly looking forward to this.
Thanks!

Campion
lkpcampion

Posted Mar 14, 2009 in: Outlook categories as context?
Hi there,

I am currently using the outlook client to sync between Outlook 2007 & TD. The client is great, thank you.

I wonder...is it possible to map TD context to outlook categories, and have two-way sync for the two? If no two-way sync, mapping the manually created ones would be great enough.

I am a GTD user setting categories as contexts in Outlook as most GTD outlook implementations. Mapping that to contexts would pass it onto other platform much more sensibly.

Thanks!

Campion