ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Mike Thomas"
Mike Thomas

Score: 0
I haven't been able to repro either of these at will, but they both happen frequently but apparently independently of each other. I am using the latest next-gen app on iPhone and the new Toodledo on the web (tasks.toodledo.com).

1) Often, text that I have entered into a task's note which contains a URL or a number gets converted to HTML when I later open the note to edit it. For example if I enter "https://www.xyz.com" it sometimes gets changed (some time later) to the 'A' tag with "href" in it (no matter how I try to enter this tag, your form handler "fixes" it into a clickable link, but I'm assuming you get the gist). More annoyingly this also sometimes happens to numbers - they get converted to the HTML for a phone number. It's not clear that there is ever a need to have editable HTML code in a task's note, but if this is by design please give us a way to disable it.

2) When editing a task note and I hit "return" at the end of the text, then continue entering more text, sometimes I get an extra line break and sometimes it gets eaten by something. It's almost like the old CR/LF vs. CR logic from waaaaay back.

Both of the above make reading and modifying task notes harder than it should be, and I often end up (for example) selecting too much text because the iPhone's whole-word selection logic seems to get confused.

This message was edited Feb 21, 2024.
Mike Thomas

Posted Jan 26, 2024 in: Toodledo intermittently inaccessible
As of 11 hours ago (the timestamp on Hasnain's post currently, equates to about 10am PST) Toodledo was definitely still having problems. There was a period of several hours starting this morning (Pacific time) where the next-gen app kept giving errors (the red bar across the bottom when a sync fails). It did however improve about 3 hours ago and does seem to have stabilized.

Can you let us know what the problem was?

This message was edited Jan 26, 2024.
Mike Thomas

Score: 1
I have an every-2-weeks task on Wednesdays that I needed to slip by a day this week.

On the iPhone in the next-gen app I duplicated the task, set the duplicate's due date to Thursday (1 day later), removed the duplicate's repeat, and saved the duplicate. Then I marked the original task complete (so it should regenerate with a due date on the Wednesday 2 weeks after the original due date).

Now when I search for that task on my iPhone it only finds the non-repeating duplicate (for Thursday). It does not find the next one in the original series (due Wednesday 2 weeks from now).

Additionally if I search on the PC using either the new Toodledo site (tasks.toodledo.com) or the old Toodledo site (toodledo.com/tasks), I see today's duplicate (as expected), but I also see yesterday's original (which I marked complete on the phone and should be dated 2 weeks from yesterday).

It makes me very nervous that actions done on the phone are not reflected on the web. Now I don't know which device to use to make sure my changes are correctly reflected.

PS - I made the above changes about 24 hours ago, so this is not a "slowness" issue. I also rebooted the iPhone in case it was a cacheing issue (the problem is still there).

This message was edited Dec 28, 2023.
Mike Thomas

Posted Nov 09, 2023 in: Next-gen iOS app suggestions
Thank you PamelaH
Mike Thomas

Score: 2
I made a change to my saved search named "Hotlist" (changing the sort order).

Since I configured Toodledo on the web to use that saved search as the Hotlist (using the "Hotlist Settings: Custom hotlist: Hotlist" setting), that change propagated to my main Hotlist on the web (the one under "My Tasks on toodledo.com/tasks).

That change also propagated to the next-gen iOS app under Saved searches, but did NOT propagate to the main Hotlist. I have waited about 10 minutes and synced multiple times.

I *thought* that the next-gen iOS app reflected the settings changes made on the web - for example I am pretty sure it automatically started using my custom hotlist for the hotlist on the phone when I made other changes to my hotlist on the web (changing the search parameters). Is there a setting for this I'm unable to find, or did syncing only a sort-order change fall through the cracks of the logic that manages the phone's hotlist?

Thanks.
Mike Thomas

Posted Nov 06, 2023 in: hiding Deferred tasks on web
This sounds a lot like a "snooze" functionality that I had been trying to figure out how to do cleanly. If it's built in to the app, that would be great. Would you mind telling me where you see it? I can't see it in the task details, or when I multi-select tasks (in the latest beta next-gen iOS app on iPhone).
Mike Thomas

Posted Nov 02, 2023 in: Next-gen iOS app suggestions
I have been making some changes in Toodledo, primarily using contexts to mark stuff as "I'll do this when I have time" because my Hotlist is way too cluttered. To do this I would like to exclude certain contexts from the Hotlist. I have defined a search called Hotlist, and have successfully told Toodledo on the web to use that search as the main Hotlist. How do I do the same in the next-gen iOS app?

An alternative approach would be to make the Hotlist search be the "start page" in the app. However, currently you can only choose a folder or a context or some canned items like "Today" and "Hotlist" (the wrong Hotlist). I think allowing users to choose a specific search as the start page would be useful.

Thanks.

PS a couple more things I meant to mention:
When multi-selecting tasks, 4 options show at the bottom of the screen - Due, Folder, Priority, Complete. It would be helpful if Context was also available for bulk changes.

Also when multi-selecting tasks, it would be helpful if the "repeat" indicator stayed visible inside the checkboxes, so that one could avoid accidentally rescheduling a repeating task.

PPS - my first point above (about defaulting to my custom Hotlist) seems to have fixed itself. I guess it synced that setting from the web and either it took a while, or I just didn't notice.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2023.
Mike Thomas

Will do, thanks.

BTW I wanted to thank you for fixing a bug I hadn't got around to reporting - often (but not always) when returning to the hotlist the app would crash and ask me to restart it. That behavior appears to be gone now.
Mike Thomas

Thank you PamelaH.
Mike Thomas

I have canceled my subscription, effective next April. I hope by then to have found a more reliable alternative.
Mike Thomas

BTW I'm still on iOS 16.6.1. Guess I better stay there until the bigger syncing problem in iOS 17 is fixed (or I find a more reliable alternative).
Mike Thomas

hasnain_2 - I AM using the next-gen app (I called it "beta iOS app" because I couldn't remember the name and wanted to make sure you knew I was talking about the iOS version specifically). Blindly posting the same "We recommend using the next-gen app" response everywhere is not helpful.

Have you tried my repro steps above?
Mike Thomas

I did a search in the beta iOS app. I then modified on the PC one of the tasks that was in the the search results. I then closed my browser and went off and did something else.

Later when I opened Toodledo on the phone (with the search results still showing) I opened (on the phone) the task that I had modified (on the PC). It briefly showed the modification (I had added a URL in the note so it was really obvious), but it then reverted to the older version of the task. I suspect it decided to auto-sync shortly after I viewed the task and that was when it reverted to old contents.

So it appears that the iOS app doesn't actually sync and pays no attention to last modified times (edit: or maybe merely viewing a task on the search results page cause it to be flagged as "modified" even though there are no changes made). While this may be an edge case (possibly only occurring when the iOS app is showing search results) it is nevertheless a major bug and needs to be looked at ASAP. I have had several instances where changes have mysteriously disappeared, now I think I know at least one of the root causes.

Please take a look.

This message was edited Sep 26, 2023.
Mike Thomas

Posted Sep 07, 2023 in: Safe to use notes again?
Thanks for the confirmation Hasnain.
Mike Thomas

Posted Sep 06, 2023 in: Authorization error
It has started working again (beta version of the new iOS app). I didn’t have my Android phone with me, so I don’t know if it also affects other apps that use the API).
Mike Thomas

Posted Sep 06, 2023 in: Authorization error
Same for me on the new (beta) iOS app.
Mike Thomas

Posted Sep 06, 2023 in: Safe to use notes again?
Well I’m guessing me switching back to using Notes in Toodledo is unadvisable given the lack of response, plus I can no longer log in to the beta app.
Mike Thomas

Posted Aug 27, 2023 in: Safe to use notes again?
One of the previous owners of Toodledo indicated that notes support would be deprecated. I moved all my notes to OneNote in preparation.

I see notes are still supported. Do you expect to keep supporting them?

Thanks.
Mike Thomas

Posted Aug 24, 2023 in: Slow page loads/actions
Yes, noticeably slow for me too (Chrome on Windows, 8/24/2023 @3:45pm PDT). Also the beta iOS app seems more "finicky" lately - lots more "unable to connect" type messages than I usually get when trying to sync.
Mike Thomas

Posted Aug 11, 2023 in: Searching Notes
If you want to search notes attached to tasks (as opposed to notes), use the magnifying glass in the left pane - https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php?#search

Put the text you want to search for in the field to the right of Task > Contains
Click the + sign to the right of the same field (this is shorthand for a logical "or")
In the new line that appears, change "Task" to "Note" and enter the same text to the right of it
Optionally add additional criteria (such as folder, due date, etc.) using the "Add Rule" link (this is a logical "and")
Click Search

One suggestion to Toodledo would be to add a new pseudo-field "Task or Note" when choosing what field to search, although SQL purists would probably hate it.

Not sure about the old app. I know the new (beta) app on iOS allows you to deselect "Search Task Notes"

This message was edited Aug 11, 2023.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next