ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
javierplumey

Posted Jul 06, 2011 in: Custom fields and/or dependent tasks
Score: 1
+1

How long has this been on the list? Seems like forever.
javierplumey

Posted Jul 06, 2011 in: Everledo - Evernotes in Toodledo
Score: 0
I had lots of problems getting it working in Chrome. Have you looked into using the new direct link feature in Evernote? I find that using the technique of searching for an exact match doesn't always work, especially if there are odd characters in the name of the note. I have about a 25% hit rate when I try to retrieve a note saved for a TODO.
javierplumey

Posted Jun 22, 2011 in: Everledo - Evernotes in Toodledo
Things work very well in Firefox, but the integration is not very tight. ToodleDo, why haven't you integrated ToodleDo with Evernote yet?
javierplumey

Posted Jun 06, 2011 in: Everledo - Evernotes in Toodledo
Just tested the search query you're posting in the Evernote mobile window and you're not double quoting the note name. I don't think that's causing the undefined error, though.
javierplumey

Posted Jun 06, 2011 in: Everledo - Evernotes in Toodledo
ALMOST works. I've renamed my Notebook to match the folder name but I get this message when I click on the evernote icon next to a task:

he choosen Notebook doesn't exist: undefined - Everledo can't create Evernote Notebooks. Sorry.
javierplumey

Posted Feb 25, 2011 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 2
I just took a look at both ToDo's beta app and Nirvana and all I have to say is: wow!

If it weren't for the fact that PocketInformant already sync with ToodleDo, I might be outta here.

I love how ToDo shows a "project" that has subtasks. And the overall interface of Nirvana is, well, nirvana. Too bad they don't sync with ToodleDo.
javierplumey

Posted Aug 23, 2010 in: Folder-specific tags
Thanks folks.

I have tags for each chapter and character for which I need to remember a note or go back and fix something. Right now that's about 25, but I'm only half way through my novel.

My goal isn't necessarily to have the tags accessible quickly, or being able to pick them from a list. I just want the organizational and searching features of tags.

I thought about using contexts and goals for the plot elements, but then I would still have the same problem that they would show up all over the place, outside the folder.

In the meantime, I have looked at how I use tags on my other lists. It turns out that I don't use them all that much. I prefer to use Folders and Contexts, so this may not be as big of a deal as I thought.

----- never mind, they showed up in the tag box in a few minutes.

Another thing I discovered is that if I use tags such as "--chapter2" and "--goofy henchmen", these tags that are prefixed with the en dashes do not show up at all on other lists. This trick also works for tags with an exclamation point as well (eg !twists). Of course that means that I have to type them in manually.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your feedback. I'm going to post an enhancement request to provide folder-level tags.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2010.
javierplumey

Posted Aug 19, 2010 in: Folder-specific tags
Thanks for taking a look!

I really just don't want tags like 'chapter 1000' and 'evil plot' to show up in the tag cloud in other folders. I want to be able to use tags like ToodleDo supports them (collapsible headers and such). These are tags what would not exist in other folders.
javierplumey

Posted Aug 19, 2010 in: Folder-specific tags
Hi,

I use ToodleDo to enter in TODO's while planning and writing novels. I want to be able to use tags for my tasks within specific folders (e.g. chapter1, plot, cool character A) but I don't want these tags to appear outside of this folder. Is this possible with ToodleDo today?

Thanks for looking!
javierplumey

Note that you can also specify the notebook in which to import your note in Evernote by adding @ symbol:

objMail.Subject = objMail.Subject & " #sometag @somenotebook"
javierplumey

Posted Jul 27, 2010 in: iPad beta testers
@Tom, I believe the iPad app is already out and public.
javierplumey

Posted Jan 11, 2010 in: Evernote integration
I've been doing the same thing as well, having followed the same thread and attempting to use Tarpipe. I had the same experience. Tarpipe was temperamental, at best.

I didn't think to shorten the URL, but that's a good idea. Are you using bit.ly for that as well?

I thought about doing some kind of fancy Greasemonkey script that would generate some kind of JS to let me create a new Evernote note right within the TD window, but I didn't get very far. I am also looking for a tighter integration with Evernote. I hope it's on someone at TD's own To Do list!
javierplumey

Posted Jan 05, 2010 in: 2009 In Review
Posted by Toodledo:
It is our policy to not talk about roadmaps or deadlines for any future features. I know people don't like this, but it's important for us to keep it this way to maintain flexibility.

That said, we do have a bunch of exciting things that we hope to accomplish this year.

That's good, just don't get all secretive like the fools over at RTM. That's why I left them in the first place.
javierplumey

Posted Dec 21, 2009 in: Integration with Evernote?
Posted by romero:
Posted by saskia.x:
It hits me that with Greasemonkey you could probably modify the page on the fly to include links to Evernote items or something like that. It would be better than nothing... I just look at this app as being almost something I could "live in all day" but not quite.

Very interesting idea. I currently put the Evernote note link in the Notes field but it would be nice to pull this together in the browser. Still, the idea solution would be to allow to SYNC the note contents to Evernote.
javierplumey

Posted by Quang:
+1 Windows Mobile

Evernote would be cool, but I don't see the connection. Unless we are talking about syncing Notes!

Syncing Task Notes? & Notebook Pages?

Yes, that would be ideal. Two-way sync for notes within Evernote would be great. Frankly I think the Nozbe integration is all wrong. It's great that you can view related material, but I'm more concerned about the Note itself. Their integration is read only, which is pretty useless if you ask me.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2009.
javierplumey

+1 million for using Evernote for notes. Tarpipe doesn't work that well...
javierplumey

Posted Jul 23, 2009 in: Cutting back on free support tickets
Score: 2
I agree with all these comments and feel that the support arrangement is more than fair.

Bottom line: if Toodledo saves you time and money and makes you more productive, then it has value for you. Anyone who is not willing to pay less than two dollars a month for more productivity and an improved work flow is just being cheap and looking for a free meal.

Open source software is completely different than Toodledo because you return the value that the software gives by contributing to the development. If Toodledo has improved your life then you should support it.
javierplumey

Google Gears or HTML 5!
javierplumey

Wooh! Glad you're back! This whole experience makes me realize how important offline tasks can be. Consider this further evidence that we need Google Gears or HTML 5 support within Toodledo!
javierplumey

Posted Jun 03, 2009 in: Offline access via Google Gears ?
Another vote for Google Gears or HTML 5 offline support.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next