ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by chrispo"
chrispo

Posted Jun 19, 2009 in: Fixing Toodledo duplicates from Outlook
Score: 0
  • chrispo
  • Posted: Jun 19, 2009
  • Score: 0
I use the GTD plugin for Outlook, and use Keef's program to sync to Toodledo. Somehow I ended up with aabout 50 double-entries on Toodledo. One of each pair was connected to the Outlook task, the other was an orphan. There is no easy way in Toodledo to tell which is which. I was scared that if I checked the wrong one in Toodledo, I'd lose the task altogether, but I found a way of getting rid of the duplicates fairly safely, so I thought I'd share it.

1. Make sure you're in sync
2. In Toodledo, for both tasks in each duplicate pair, check them as 'done', then uncheck them
3. Do a sync. The sync client will update the modified date on the connected tasks, and will fetch new tasks for the duplicates into Outlook.
4. In Outlook, mark all the new tasks that the sync client just fetched as "done". With the GTD setup, this was easy because they all showed up with no Action, whereas the real ones had an action associated.
5. Sync again. Maybe a couple of times as there seems to be a limit on the number of tasks synced each time.

You should be back in sync at this point.

Good luck!