ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
michael.salerno

Posted Aug 08, 2010 in: tags for projects
Score: 0
This is how I use Stars and Tags (to avoid complex tagging) . I use Stars only for items I want to accomplish TODAY. In my iPhone app, I can view them all quickly with the Star view.
I use Tags only as an "Action Tag" meaning I identify the next action I need to take (ultimately the only thing I really care about). I keep it real simple here - the tag is either "Next Action" or "Waiting", which means I must do the next task OR I follow-up with someone who I am waiting to get something done so I can complete my project/deliverable. Given I may not work on every project everyday, or won't be bugging someone everyday, I use Stars for what I need to complete TODAY.

SUMMARY: I do not sort, but rather Filter Tags for displaying what action I need to focus on next. Then I start marking what will be done today with Stars. Displaying Stars (visual indicator) is all I need for a quick daily check (and I set the Star list as my Application Badge on the iPhone). Hope this helps.

Cheers, Michael
michael.salerno

Posted Aug 08, 2010 in: How to simply search for stars...?
Score: 1
This is how I use Stars and Tags to achieve a similar result. I use Stars only for items I want to accomplish TODAY. In my iPhone app, I can view them all quickly with the Star view.
I use Tags only as an "Action Tag" meaning I identify the next action I need to take (ultimately the only thing I really care about). I keep it real simple here - the tag is either "Next Action" or "Waiting", which means I must do the next task OR I follow-up with someone who I am waiting to get something done so I can complete my project/deliverable. Given I may not work on every project everyday, or won't be bugging someone everyday, I use Stars for what I need to complete TODAY.
SUMMARY: For me, searching for Stars is not important - that's what I use Tags for. Displaying Stars (visual indicator) is all I need for a quick daily check (and I set the Star list as my Application Badge on the iPhone). Hope this helps.
Cheers, Michael