ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by megsaint"
megsaint

Posted Nov 02, 2011 in: Toodledo and DGT interface
Score: 0
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2011
  • Score: 0
There is currently no official Toodledo app for the Android OS. And, as Salgud pointed out, part of the beauty of Toodledo is that it's not limited to GTD or any other system.

This message was edited Nov 02, 2011.
megsaint

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Show Fields
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
Number 1657, no doubt! ;-)
megsaint

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: Show Fields
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
I want to be able to hide certain fields in the grid view as I don't need to see them in a list (e.g. repeat) but still have access to those fields when I set up a new task. Unless I'm mistaken, that doesn't seem to be possible.

If it's not currently possible, please consider making the options for showing and hiding fields different for viewing vs. adding a task.

Thanks.
megsaint

Score: 1
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2011
  • Score: 1
Toodledo is neither an email program nor a calendar. It's for managing list of things you need to do. Is that something you need or want? It is something you're trying to do with calendar and email but you're not happy with the results?

Personally, I don't find calendars or email programs particularly useful in dealing with list of stuff I need to do. Other people might make it work for them. So, it's hard to say if Toodledo will benefit you.
megsaint

• megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2011
What happens when you right-click on the link? Doesn't it offer you the option to open in another window or tab?
megsaint

Posted Sep 23, 2011 in: Google Calendar Issue
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 23, 2011
If you search the forum (or even just scroll through the questions a little), you'll see that this has been asked and answered a couple of times. So yes, they are aware.

Best of luck.
megsaint

Posted Sep 18, 2011 in: After reading "The Checklist Manifesto"
Score: -1
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2011
  • Score: -1
I think checklist can be useful. When we started needing a checklist to keep track of the checklists we needed to check, I thought that was out of control.
megsaint

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Questions re repeating tasks
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2011
Yeah, just personal. I don't plan on being one of those people who goes on and on that Toodledo is "useless" unless it includes Feature X or Y or complains that it's "appalling" or "shocking" that said feature doesn't already exist.
megsaint

Posted Sep 17, 2011 in: Questions re repeating tasks
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2011
I really liked the way RTM handled postponing. It marked how often something had been postponed. I found that useful as it showed up in my today list but gave me an indicator that, for some reason, I was consistently not doing it. Useful starting point for thinking about whiter the task is really important.

I have a lot of tasks that involve entering data for a specific day and I do them every day. It is useful for me to see in today's list that I have three separate instances undone. That way, I know which data still hasn't been entered. I don't want to have to look back to previous days and prefer looking at my list by due date. Mostly, I am in the Today view.

I realize that my aversion to checking off things I haven't actually done is something of a personal quirk. If I haven't done it and am never going to do it, it needs to be deleted, not checked off. It works for me.

So much of time management, things to do list and the like is about finding what works with one's personality. For example, most of GTD frustrates and annoys me. I've developed habits and systems that mostly work for me. I'm not completely averse to change. The forced change from RTM to Toodledo is causing me to reevaluate things.
megsaint

Posted Sep 16, 2011 in: Questions re repeating tasks
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2011
As long as I understand how it all works, I can adapt. Thanks for the help!
megsaint

Posted Sep 16, 2011 in: Questions re repeating tasks
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 16, 2011
I make extensive use of repeating tasks, both to remind myself of things I need to do and to keep track of what I did do. I'm still trying to grasp just how Toodledo handles repeating items.

When I used RTM, if I was reviewing overdue items and chose to delete a repeating item because I didn't actually complete it, I would get a box asking me if I wanted to keep repeating the item. I would select yes. The day I didn't do the task would show no record of it but the task would keep repeating. Toodledo doesn't seem to work this way. If my observations are accurate, if I delete a single iteration of a repeating task, the whole thing is deleted. Is the only option to use the "?"? Will that still leave the undone instances of the task(s)in overdue so that I can review them?

Also, if I postpone a repeating task, one that is say, done once a week, with the repeat from the due date, it appears to change when the repeat happens. For example, Labor Day week, I postponed when I had to take out the trash as it was delayed because of the holiday. This appears to have changed future instances of the repeat. Again, this behavior seems different from RTM's "postpone". Is there a way around this?

Thanks!
megsaint

Posted Sep 10, 2011 in: Suggestion
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 10, 2011
Have you looked at Dial2Do?
megsaint

Posted Sep 07, 2011 in: Postpone
  • megsaint
  • Posted: Sep 07, 2011
You must have an amaziningly long To Do list! ;-)
megsaint

Posted Sep 07, 2011 in: Multiple Timestamped Notes for Task
  • megsaint
+1 for this feature. I find it very useful.
megsaint

Posted Sep 07, 2011 in: Postpone
Score: 1
  • megsaint
  • Score: 1
I'm just switching over from Remember the Milk because changes in our corporate firewall have broken it for me. So far, Toodledo is working pretty well for me (I've used it on and off before). One feature I really liked in RTM that I'm missing, though, is a Postpone button. I like the ability to select tasks and hit one button and have them postponed for a day. The info on the task also told me how many times I'd postponed that task.

I've worked around not having this feature by creatinging a saved search for overdue items and then using multi-edit to change the date. It's just not as smooth though, especially as, in RTM, you can select items and edit them in groups without going into a separate search screen.

By the way, I love the new interface!