ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
gnorris

Posted Aug 19, 2009 in: IPhone Apps
Score: 0
  • gnorris
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2009
  • Score: 0
ive been using the gtdinbox.com firefox plugin which adds gtd functionality to gmail. you can easily label email threads with context, status, project, reference. and you can even label new outgoing emails! so this lets me keep close to zero inbox.

i use toodledo iphone app, after trying all the others. its solid with well though interface. no gimmicks.
my next favorite is Action Lists, very no-nonsense. it makes sure you get all your tasks labeled properly so they dont get lost in toodledo. i intend to use action lists after the author fixed a sync bug.

i use appigo notebook. like it well enough. no other app syncs to toodledo notes.

after using gts for almost 2 yrs, i never made much use of mindmapping. never had a decent tool and didnt really believe it was so helpful.
well, today i tried freemind (opensource) just to try to get a bunch of crap off my mind quick (not tasks). (the map was called "what on my mind most of the time".) anyway, it really helped quite a lot to bring a lot of things out that i didnt know where there. once you start branching and moving thoughts around on the screen... it gets interesting.
it was so helpful in fact, that i started going thru all my project labels in gmail, and project folders on my desk, and creating a mindmap of all my work-related projects. WOW it really helped to see them all spelled out in relation to each other on a 1pg printout. it helps to then keep that paper on my desk and just rotate around moving various projects along and adding next actions with my pencil right there.

well tonight- i just found theres an iphone app that is pretty much the same implementation of freemind. the free version will email you a freemind compatible file so you can continue it on the desktop! im suddenly a fan of mindmapping and now glad i can do it on the iphone. its called thinkingmap lite.

by the way, my favorite app i made myself: a custom fitted paper iphone cover. turns the phone into a little pad. write right on it instead of fumbling with the phone for quick notes! put them in the system LATER (or DONT!) when it gets worn or full of notes, i just print and fold a new one! :) call it retro, or just call it handy. i love it.
gnorris

• gnorris
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2009
i also use appigo notebook with 3.0 os on my 3g without a problem.
gnorris

Posted Jul 24, 2009 in: Action Lists: GTD/Toodledo iPhone app
  • gnorris
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2009
c e perry,
what if i use both duct and invisible?
would you warn against it because the syncing is liable to get tangled?

in a paying toodledo user. will action lists correctly interpret my subprojects?

have you not included reference status? reference lists are an important part of gtd for most of us i think. ex- checklists, such as packing list, preflight, etc.
not to mention other non-list ref material.

i like the interface, particularly the inbox, and forcing the views of next actions by context, and filtering out future and someday tasks from that context view.

i suggest you allow to switch off syncing at launch, and provide a button for manual sync. i live in a place where they charge me for every data access.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2009.
gnorris

Posted Jul 24, 2009 in: Another iPhone App: LifeFocus
  • gnorris
  • Posted: Jul 24, 2009
i would very much like to read your review anders. pls let me know where you post it. thanks.