ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by MK"
MK

Score: 0
  • MK
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2010
  • Score: 0
Going dual monitor is possibly one of the best things you can do, although a few people don't adapt well and don't make use of the second monitor (kind of tunnel vision or something).

I've been using dual 24" Dell monitors for about three years now, and could never go back. Up until about a month ago I had them side by side in landscape mode (3840x1200), and have always loved that setup.

More recently though, I decided to try out leaving the right hand monitor in portrait mode permanently and am amazed I never did this before. Suddenly large web pages don't need to be scrolled so much, or I can leave multiple windows there and still have them within the field of view when looking at the primary screen. Anyone who uses spreadsheets will immediately fall in love, but anyone who uses a computer for anything more than the very basics will quickly come to appreciate the utility of a second monitor and especially the landscape/portrait combo.

As for ergonomics, I have never had a problem. Even with the two in landscape, it was more that I would focus on something on one, then something on the other. With the new setup, I can see stuff on the secondary monitor by moving just my eyes, and only need the slightest turn of the head to be able to fully focus.

In short, yes do it.