ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Jarery"
Jarery

Posted Aug 28, 2009 in: Understanding "Next Actions"
Score: 0
  • Jarery
  • Posted: Aug 28, 2009
  • Score: 0
"I can only do one at a time, so why call them all Next Actions. I can't do them all right now. I need to pick one. So I do. I mark it with a Star and get it done."

If at any given moment i review my list, decide on one, star it, and then do it....well the starring action was just an addition with no purpose. If im going to review, pick what i want to move forward and complete, then why take the time to star it as a first step in completing it?

At any given moment, your time available, energy level, etc is different than it is at a different moment. I cant review in the morning and decide what i will be working on in the afternoon with any accuracy.

If it works for you in your system, then great. But when i read your initial post it seemed to come off as if you trying to tell us the correct way, not an alternative way according to your own interpretation.
Jarery

Posted Aug 27, 2009 in: How are you using Folders?
Score: 1
  • Jarery
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2009
  • Score: 1
Sub-Sub Tasks would be my request for added functionality.Without it, it is awkward at best to manage large projects.
Jarery

Posted Aug 27, 2009 in: Understanding "Next Actions"
Score: 0
  • Jarery
  • Posted: Aug 27, 2009
  • Score: 0
Your initial post statement includes: " There is no law that says you must implement GTD 100% as David Allen teaches it, but I do believe some basic fundamentals are important for all to understand and implement them as intended."

Then you proceed to change that to your own interpretation which to me is not as David Allen intended.

If your single action list has 100 different items, none of which are interrelated or else they should be a project, then finishing any one of them will reduce your list. How can there only be certain ones which if completed reduce your list as you imply with "My Action list contains many single actions that I must get done, but I should only focus on the very next move that will move that list toward completion. This is why I select the task I will accomplish or move forward that day, as Next Actions". This just makes no sense to me.

If you have 100 separate single action items, then they all do need to be done 'as soon as possible'. Your right, you cant work on all 100 at once. Isnt that what context helps reduce? If your in the mood to spend some time on the phone you filter those items to show the phone ones.

All you appear to be doing with your interpretation is prioritizing some over the others. Why not just use the built in priority that Toodledo has built in? I must be missing something.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2009.
Jarery

Score: -1
  • Jarery
  • Posted: Aug 10, 2009
  • Score: -1
I use Reqall for adding items on the fly quickly from my phone. And Evernote is my catch all system, where everything gets dumped into a big reference pot.

I foresee using both combined with TD for the immediate future unless something better comes along.

So i would like to see seamless integration of both evernote and reqall into toodledo.

Or a way to export/import into Omnifocus :)