• Score: 0
I also have a need for this option.
jpropper

Posted Jul 21, 2009 in: Customizable reminders/alarms
Score: 0
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 21, 2009
I use gopingme for this all day. I have gopingme as a home page tab on my browser and quickly move to it to set a reminder. You can send it to Toodledo (throughfiltered gmail for me, haven't figured how to confirm email to Toodledo), cell phone, email, wherever. I generally don't send to Toodledo because I don't see any reason.
jpropper

• jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2009
I loved RC Cola. But I also like generic store brands
jpropper

Posted Jul 17, 2009 in: Track our own posts
  • jpropper
Is there a way to search and track our own forum posts/questions? sometimes I don't even remember what forum I posted to (part of why I use Toodledo!).

Thanks.

Jon P.
jpropper

Posted Jul 17, 2009 in: Collapsable Dividers in Notebook
  • jpropper
sorry if this is interpreted as feeding the negativity but it is not my intention... What is a "Bump"?
jpropper

Posted Jul 16, 2009 in: Chromatic Dragon?
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2009
I can't find it now but I recall a warning to the effect of... This app has been known to erase all tasks use at your own risk... or something like that.

Is this still an issue?

Thanks.

Jon P
jpropper

• jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 15, 2009
won't work for all but i change the name of the task and keep a dated running list within the notes of my everchanging task...

i.e., CALL Joe
July 12 2009: called Joe

Change TASK TO... WAIT for Joe to call
July 12 2009: called Joe
July 13 2009: Joe called back
jpropper

• jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Any opinions on this product? Buy.com for $45 with rebate.

Apologies if I already posted this somewhere else. Spaced out and can't find it but subject line auto completed
jpropper

Posted Jul 13, 2009 in: E-mail with note in body
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2009
I guess I do shorter pings, hadn't noticed.

Here's another idea... Create a Notebook in Toodledo and simply reference to look at the appropriate Notebook in your Ping. I guess it's a few extra keystrokes but if that isn't a deal killer I think it could work
jpropper

Posted Jul 13, 2009 in: E-mail with note in body
Score: 1
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2009
  • Score: 1
@eamon

I think I figured this out. I use gopingme too. I send the ping to a gmail account(that has been confirmed by Toodledo). I have a filter set up on my gmail that files it in a ping folder AND forwards it to Toodledo.

I can also text my ping to my phone and of course do both.
jpropper

Posted Jul 11, 2009 in: Starting GTD
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 11, 2009
Thanks to all for responding. I do carry the pen "in hand" while going about my business. The idea being that I am extra "locked-in" on things bubbling up that I need to capture, and they are not flying past me.

As part of being a constant reminder, i am much more mindful of things to capture while I am holding. I don't obsess but am more acutely aware of things that should be captured. Just happens because I have a pen "in my hand!"

Impractical did refer to walking literally with a pen "in my hand" all day, 9 to 5. I need three hands just to eat lunch so it'd never work.

I also agree and do not drop everything (deer in the headlights), stand there with my pen and wait for it to rain captureable items. . Also becomes noticeable when I have a better use for my hand with pen. Of course I put it down but a lot of mental processes brought it from my hand to my pocket.

I always have, and always will, carry a pen in my pocket. Keeping it in my hand for extended periods without an immediate need for it is my "strategy" expressed in this thread.

My exit strategy... some day soon, I will be so one with my capture zone, that I can put down my pen and still be locked in and capturing everything I need, just as I had with pen in hand.

Then, maybe for old times, I'll walk around with a pen in my hand sometimes for fun.

Thanks all.
jpropper

Posted Jul 09, 2009 in: Starting GTD
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2009
I have been working on GTD for a month or two. On a whim, I just started to do the following: I spend some time during my day with a pen in my hand even if I am not using it. I just don't put it down. My thinking being that it will help me with capturing as habit. So, I walk around with a pen in my hand for some part of each day.

Obviously, it is impractical to do this constantly, but I believe it has helped me to remember to capture everything, even when i put down the pen, which of course I then pick up.

Eventually I will stop.
jpropper

Posted Jul 03, 2009 in: Task Tracking
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 03, 2009
Quick question... I've found myself editing tasks and keeping a running task...

For instance, I start with a task to "call", then I make the call, make a note in the notes, change to "wait". When I get a call back, I add to the note and change to the next action, say "Email"...

Instead of opening and closing new tasks, I keep them going and change the Task title.

Does this make sense? Is there any reason to start a new task everytime that I am not thinking of?

Thanks.
jpropper

Posted Jul 02, 2009 in: ALL CAPS
Score: 2
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jul 02, 2009
  • Score: 2
A few weeks later, here's where I'm at...

I constantly get the inbox to zero. I haven't come to the point where I can accumulate, focus on tasks alone, and go back to inbox. BUT, I am much more comfortable now than I was in terms of knowing that I capture everything and am better at getting the tasks done even though I don't work it perfectly. I continue to establish a set of conventions for my tasks and use all caps with these first words...

GET = Find when on the road
FIND = Locate at desk or phone, generally listings and locations
EMAIL = Send via email from desk
CREATE = Create what is needed, generally from desk (vs. Get on road)
CALL = Phone call
BUY = Buy needed item from desk or on the road
PRIORITY = Priority meeting
WAIT = Wait for next action from other party
TOUR = Property tour of any kind
ADD = Add some item to identified place within Task
MAIL = Snail mail
READ = read
GTD = GTD related item
LEARN = learn something identified within Task
SALES MTG = Need
SCAN = Scan

They are easily searchable for me. I am also getting used to placing clients within different projects as necessary. With Clear Context, I was much more difficult and I was pre-programmed to avoid that. I still use clear context to file emails, and click to followup emails as a backup to Toodledo (it's very easy).

If anybody has comments/feedback/suggestions to improve my organization and task conventions above please share. I am feeling good about the changes to my systems and look forward to the day I stop spending too much time working on the systems. I also use Joe's Goal's as a list of recurring tasks (i.e., checking Toodledo!)

Thanks in advance for feedback and expert advice.

Jon P.
jpropper

Posted Jun 23, 2009 in: gopingme.com
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2009
I also use gopingme.com to send reminders of events with due-dates. In my end-of-day process I add a ping for all new events.
jpropper

Posted Jun 23, 2009 in: Thunderbird/Lightning
  • jpropper
Again new here, not sure if this comment is rehash but... What about simply a better Calender function in Toodledo? Something more Calender-like?
jpropper

Posted Jun 23, 2009 in: ALL CAPS
  • jpropper
Don't know if this is old but I have taken to placing my specific action first in the description and using all caps...

EMAIL Joe about meeting
CALL Tom about ...
MEET Mary about...

then when I scan the list it jumps out at me.
jpropper

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: IDEA!!
  • jpropper
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Thanks All. I use booklet when TD is up. Couldn't use it when down. Your other suggestion is along the lines of what I was saying, but it's greek to me. Can you post how to open the CSV to have it formatted for easy use?? Thanks again!
jpropper

• jpropper
here here
jpropper

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: IDEA!!
  • jpropper
Someone (not my skills at all) should develop some kind of template where you can import you backed up data into a more useable format, in the unlikely event this downtime should ever happen again.

I had a recent back up but not very user friendly as is... just a thought.

Also, I signed up for emailed Hotlist yesterday!!! I had a fresh one for this morning and that was great too. I recommend that all sign up for that, for this reason alone. If you don't need it for 364 days of the year, delete it.

Jon P.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next