ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by AndreasNYC"
AndreasNYC

Posted Jan 23, 2012 in: 2011 In Review
Score: 1
I'll vote for API-support of sharing so your great ecosystem of Android and other apps let the strong sharing support shine everywhere (else it's rendered near-useless if I can't see all my tasks everywhere).

Maybe a native Android app would be better than Ultimate Todo List (for Android), but the above API for sharing will help everyone!

Posted by hugues.abriel:
Toodledo is the best productivity application I am using! This is a very good balance bet. number of functions and simplicity/ergonomy.

I am also convinced that my money spend for the pro subscription if very well invested!

I am looking forward to seeing an Android-based app!
AndreasNYC

Posted Dec 07, 2011 in: Reassign?
Score: 0
Oh, so it is being worked now or is it just on the roadmap for the future? BTW - I lead software Dev teams myself so I understand that there are privacy complexities for sure. I'm asking if this is in progress or to be started.
AndreasNYC

Posted Nov 22, 2011 in: Reassign?
Please comment on the ticket I made for toodledo if you support/need this API extension
Hey, I'm also desperate for share support and on Android too, but it turns-out that Toodledo hasn't implemented private share/assign in their API so no 3rd-party app can use share/assign until Toodledo adds that to their APIs :(.

If people care about using private share/assign in 3rd-party apps, please let Toodledo know so they can prioritize it High ... else they won't. You can

I've added to a ticket for Toodledo's ticketing system - please comment on the ticket (link below) if you need this functionality.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=27602

Hope we get share/assign on mobile apps from Toodledo!

Andreas
AndreasNYC

Posted Nov 22, 2011 in: Still no native android app?
Score: 2
Hey, I'm also desperate for share support and on Android too, but it turns-out that Toodledo hasn't implemented private share/assign in their API so no 3rd-party app can use share/assign until Toodledo adds that to their APIs :(.

If people care about using private share/assign in 3rd-party apps, please let Toodledo know so they can prioritize it High ... else they won't. You can

I've added to a ticket for Toodledo's ticketing system - please comment on the ticket (link below) if you need this functionality.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=27602

Hope we get share/assign on mobile apps from Toodledo!

Andreas

Posted by AzDayton:
I have also been searching. The best I've found so far is "DGT GTD & ToDo [Alpha]". It's still in development, so you may find issues, but it's still far far above anything else I've found, including the Ultimate ToDo, which was my former winner.

I have found no "share support", but since it's in Alpha, now would be the perfect time to request that functionality be added, and contribute to the development of a superior product. Give it a look. The price is right! (Free) :-)

- Dayton - Mon. 07/25/2011 @ 15:12:30
AndreasNYC

Posted Nov 22, 2011 in: Reassign?
Hi,
I'm a Toodledo user who was about to go Pro or Pro Plus and mainly for the Private Sharing capability and broad mobile app support, but I was distressed when I found that Ultimate To-Do List (Android) and others can't use this functionality since your API doesn't support it.

Can you bump this? It's one of your biggest differentiators (in my opinion). The Ultimate To-Do List (Android) guys said that they'd like to implement private sharing/assigning, but are waiting for the API support which is obviously needed for them to proceed.

For many in families or small teams, private sharing and (re-)assigning really are a necessity and our mobile apps need it too or it's basically 'broken'. If I'm on my phone and I pick the next top priority task to work on, but there are privately shared/assigned tasks that are higher priority or I need the details of one of them, but I can't see until I get to my notebook ... not good.

Thanks for listening and I look forward to seeing it's implemented and then I'll go Pro if I haven't become intrenched with another To Do service (not what I want).
Andreas
AndreasNYC

I'm finally about to take the leap into Pro with my girlfriend, but we both count on easy access to what we've done in the past, when, how, etc. Paying ~$15/yr seems roughly reasonable and I like the service.

HOWEVER, tasks without files have very little data so I know as an Tech professional there would be little database cost in letting all Pro users have unlimited retention so having this as part of the ~$15/yr Pro service seems a reasonable request.

But what about cluttering our synching you say? This could very simply be remedied by having an 'achieved' attribute so they could be searched on the site, but not synched. Optionally, having a new setting for 'sync last X months/years of completed tasks' would be perhaps more simple to implement & perhaps a better user experience. This would be in addition to the Retention setting and would be very easy to differentiate.

Use cases:
+ What were the details I typed in the task when I got the Engineering inspection for my house before purchasing it? (usually >2 yrs ago)
+ I want to remind myself what tasks/sub-tasks I did last time I did X (hosted an open house, bought a house, bought a car, refinanced my house, etc.) >2 yrs ago.
+ etc.

What do you think guys? We probably wouldn't use the files and $15-->$30 / yr x2 seems like too much just to keep the small amount of task data for a few extra years. I really hope that you'll see this as reasonable:
+ extend the retention period immediately to Pro users (since the additional data costs are close to free for you and very valuable to users). You already have this capability for Pro Plus users so I'd imagine it would be a quick config change.
+ implement the "Sync completed tasks for .." setting or something comparable later when you have a chance so syncing stays swift for Pro & Pro Plus users.

Thanks for all your good work and I look forward to your thoughts and action,
Andreas