Search results for "Posted by Karuna"
Karuna

Posted Apr 05, 2015 in: Toodledo Misbehaving
Score: 0
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2015
  • Score: 0
Hi,

I'm getting a warning that there is a plugin on my browser that is causing problems with Toodledo.

My list of tasks is not behaving like I set it up.

I looked at Toodledo on Chrome and Firefox (and on two computers at home), and in all four places I have the same problem.

Thanks.
Karuna

Posted Feb 28, 2010 in: Tips needed
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Feb 28, 2010
Thanks all. I just got in from out of town and haven't had time to keep up with this. Will be reading it in the next couple of days. Wanted to let you know my appreciation
Karuna

Posted Feb 09, 2010 in: Tips needed
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2010
thanks to you too akingbfd; i see how each person does their own thing.
Karuna

Posted Feb 09, 2010 in: Tips needed
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2010
jml thanks for your simple and good idea. It's true, it's so very flexible. Sometimes that gets me too bogged down. But I love it too.

Thanks again
Carol
Karuna

Posted Feb 07, 2010 in: Tips needed
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2010
One thing I"m trying, in order to make invisible those tasks that I know I won't be doing right now, is to give a negative priority to any item that is in the "@Waiting For" context.
Karuna

Posted Feb 07, 2010 in: Tips needed
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Feb 07, 2010
Hi all,

I love toodledo, but sometimes when I've got a day ahead of me I wish I could simplify; i.e. i have a lot of tasks, organized into projects (a la GTD - using folders), some with due dates, many with contexts, some with due dates. Soemtimes if I really just want to get moving, I look at my toodle do list and sigh, and pull out a piece of paper.

I sometimes go over my long "Main" list, and if something pops out that feels like I should do it today, I give it today's date. That's the main way I do it.

Anyway, I'm not a consistent GTD'er. But I love the Projects/Next action thing, and I love the Contexts thing.

Also, I use Pocket Informant on the iphone. But when I'm working on my to do list the most, it's on the computer on Toodle-do.

Thanks. Hope this is clear. I realize it might not be, hahah.
Carol
Karuna

Posted Sep 18, 2009 in: Modify Fields/Functions Used
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2009
Thanks, that helps.
Karuna

Posted Sep 17, 2009 in: Toodledo for ADD
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2009
Hi hirshleff and friends,

I feel overwhelmed by long lists that come up when i open toodledo. I am working on setting it up in a way that helps me with this problem. I have been playing with a method offered by Proximo in the "Getting things Done" section of the forums.

All the flexibility in toodledo can be overwhelming for me too. But I am finding it is worth taking a little time to work it out. And I love that mattsez and others like him are willing to give help.

It is taking some time to work this out. I haven't learned how to use some of the search functionality that mattsez mentions yet, but I'm gettign there.

And, hirshleff, I like the schedule function too. And I don't like it when it gives me a list. So I just ask it for 15 minutes of tasks or something like that, over and over. and that's kind of fun cuz then it gives me just one or two and my obedient inner child may or may not "just do it."

Good luck with life! :)
Karuna
Karuna

Posted Sep 17, 2009 in: Modify Fields/Functions Used
Score: 1
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2009
  • Score: 1
Hi,

Under Account Settings, I often tweak my "Modify Fields/Functions Used."

I would like to know if I can reorder the fields/functions?

Thanks,
Karuna
Karuna

Posted Sep 13, 2009 in: Iphone toodledo app and contexts
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2009
Fantastic, thanks Anders.

Question about this:

Posted by Anders:
Also, whatever is at the top of the field list will be used to determine secondary or tertiary sorting in your task lists (depending on which sort you use).[/quote]

If those are used to determine secondary or teriary sorting, then what is used to determine primary sorting?
Thx, Carol
Karuna

Posted Sep 12, 2009 in: Iphone toodledo app and contexts
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2009
Hi all. I am working on setting up GTD system using toodledo, and have been reading a lot in the forums about it. I take notes on some of them.

Seems like using "contexts" will be an important part of my system. But on the iphone toodledo app I don't think contexts are an option.

I used to use Pocket Informant, and that had contexts in it, but I stopped using it recently because I would have sync problems with it.
Karuna

Posted Sep 12, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: -1
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2009
  • Score: -1
Thanks Terry, that helps a lot.
Karuna

Posted Sep 11, 2009 in: Proximo's GTD Setup
Score: 1
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2009
  • Score: 1
Hi all,

I have enjoyed this thread. Have read page one and four.

I am going to try to use Proximo's method too.

When you setup your Projects, on the video, you mentioned "Greasemonkey script." What is that? Greasemonkey or no, I'm trying to figure out how you organize your Projects within the Projects folder. That part of the video is so short. It looks like you have Parent tasks with subtasks.

Thank you so much.
Karuna

Posted Sep 06, 2009 in: Vlingo?
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2009
Taskjot, that is.
Karuna

• Karuna
So it's a non-entity for iphone users I guess.
Karuna

• Karuna
taskjot? They charge $25 per what, week? Year? Month? guess I could look it up. sounds interesting
Karuna

Posted Sep 06, 2009 in: Goodle calender and toodledo
  • Karuna
You know, I use Google calendar and toodledo also. I like them. I have also used an iphone app that combines the two. it is called Pocket Informant, by WebIS. I like the way it looks and functions but I must say I have had a little too much trouble with syncing it, so i am lately not using it, and I just go into the two separate apps or web sites.
Karuna

Posted Sep 06, 2009 in: 1.5.2 Fails to launch sometimes
  • Karuna
Thanks Anders. We might need a new wireless router.
Karuna

Posted Sep 05, 2009 in: 1.5.2 Fails to launch sometimes
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Sep 05, 2009
I am having a lot of trouble with toodledo lately. I don't know why. It is on my computer and on my iphone. everything is so slow! My internet at home has gotten slow and spotty, driving me nuts! But then, toodledo on my iphone has been slow too, so I wondered if anyone is having these kinds of issues or if its just my stuff.
Karuna

Posted Jun 27, 2009 in: Daily Processing
Score: -1
  • Karuna
  • Posted: Jun 27, 2009
  • Score: -1
i stopped gtd a couple years ago cuz i couldn't keep up with my processing. Nor did I stick with the weekly review! Too busy I think. So chaos has reigned. So would like to get back into processing and weekly reviewing.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next