ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
haeffb

Posted Jun 12, 2011 in: Encryption and API 1.0
Score: 0
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2011
  • Score: 0
Does/should the Toodledo API 1.0 still work if the user has turned on encryption in the account settings?

I know that you've enabled SSL for API 2.0, but does Toodledo require the use of SSL for the API if encryption is ON ?

I have a user who says that sync in Done! is broken when he turns on encryption, but works fine when it's off. Done! is still using API 1.0.
haeffb

Posted Jun 07, 2011 in: SSL enabled for API 2.0
Score: -1
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2011
  • Score: -1
Posted by Toodledo:
You can read the details at the bottom of this page:

No, I can't...I may be missing something, but I don't see anything about SSL on that page.
haeffb

Posted Dec 01, 2010 in: Look up app token?
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2010
webOS apps are written in Javascript and the source code is freely viewable on the device. There is no way to keep an app token "secret" in a webOS app.
haeffb

Posted Sep 29, 2010 in: Did the editTask API change?
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2010
I had been sending "0" and I thought it had been working previously, but just got two reports yesterday that due/start dates would come back after syncing...instead of clearing it the date would still be set to whatever it had been previously.

"0000-00-00" does work, though.
haeffb

Posted Sep 28, 2010 in: Did the editTask API change?
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Sep 28, 2010
duedate : A date formated as YYYY-MM-DD or a unix timestamp with an optional modifier attached to the front. Examples: "2007-01-23" , "=2007-01-23" , ">2007-01-23". To unset the date, set it to '0000-00-00'.

I do not recall the "set it to '000-00-00'" previously. Is this new or did I just miss it?
haeffb

Posted Aug 04, 2010 in: Folder Sortorder
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2010
The API does not appear to support editing folder sortorder. Can that be added?
haeffb

Posted Jun 07, 2010 in: Custom field in tasks API
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Jun 07, 2010
Would you consider adding a custom field to tasks through the API? I'm envisioning a method whereby a developer could extend, for instance, a mobile applications's functionality by storing data that's not currently available in Toodledo such as location, etc. If a developer adds fields in a third-party app today, there's no way to store that info in Toodledo without commandeering one of the existing fields (tags, for instance).

If you allowed a custom field in the task database, then a developer could store whatever additional info is necessary in a text format (JSON). You could limit the field length if storage is a concern.
haeffb

Posted May 18, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: May 18, 2010
Done is now available in the Palm App Catalog.

There are still many features to be added...

http://tigercountrysoftware.com/done/
haeffb

Posted Apr 29, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Apr 29, 2010
The next release of Done will have a Status List & Filters.
haeffb

Posted Apr 22, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPhone/iPad 1.6.2
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2010
When/if you do add location to context & folder, please update the API to support locations as well! Thanks.
haeffb

Posted Apr 18, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Apr 18, 2010
Done! for Toodledo is now available for open beta testing on PreCentral as a homebrew application.

Application:
http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/done-toodledo

Forum thread:
http://forums.precentral.net/tiger-country-software/239931-done-toodledo.html
haeffb

Posted Apr 05, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Apr 05, 2010
Well, I guess the race is on!

My Toodledo syncing app has just been released to private beta. Looks like yours is slightly ahead at this point in terms of usability.

What are the odds that we'd both arrive at this point at the same time? And what are the odds that Joel's app shows up in the catalog tomorrow? :)

Oh, and anyone interested in participating in the beta, contact me at tigercountrysoftware at gmail. The beta will require the ability to hand-install an .ipk (i.e. using webOS Quick Install or the like).
haeffb

Posted Mar 16, 2010 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2010
I am currently looking at picking up development of TaskAdder again and putting together a full syncing Toodledo client on the Pre. I haven't have a lot of time for development lately, but will be freed up to do a little more in the coming month or so.

Stay tuned webOS & Toodledo fans.
haeffb

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: TaskAdder for Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2010
I have actually moved on from Toodledo to another task list service that better fits my working style. I am planning to develop a Palm Pre app to sync with that service when they have an API available. At this time I have no plans expand TaskAdder, but could perhaps be persuaded to work on something if there is enough interest.

This message was edited Feb 03, 2010.
haeffb

Posted Nov 21, 2009 in: TaskAdder for Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2009
TaskAdder is now available in the official Palm App Catalog for webOS devices (currently the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi).
haeffb

Posted Nov 09, 2009 in: Toodledo on the Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Nov 09, 2009
Weird. I could have sworn that it worked when I updated to 1.2.1, but it doesn't now.
haeffb

Posted Oct 31, 2009 in: TaskAdder for Palm Pre
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2009
A new version of TaskAdder is available at PreCentral homebrew gallery.

It fixes a couple of bugs, let's you refresh the tasklist, and select a specific due date.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/taskadder
haeffb

Posted Oct 07, 2009 in: Bug with repeat from completed?
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Oct 07, 2009
Two things:

1) I would be interested in knowing how you plan to fix it. Will an API call with repeat of 100 not work? Or will the task simply not repeat?

2) As noted by Anders, the "bug/feature" can be useful if you want to have auto-repeating tasks that don't have a specific due date. Can you implement such a feature if/when the bug is removed? If not, why not leave it as is - and document the behavior. I (and other third-party developers) can easily work around by simply not using the value of 100. Or only using it for the specific case of a task that you want to repeat with no due date.
haeffb

Posted Oct 06, 2009 in: Who are you? :-)
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2009
If your todo list includes things like "Rob First National Bank and Trust on Tuesday" and "Overthrow the Swedish Government on Thursday at 2pm" I would suggest avoiding any on-line todo list.

If they are the more normal, "Get milk and bread on the way home," then security is probably not an issue.
haeffb

Posted Oct 05, 2009 in: Bug with repeat from completed?
  • haeffb
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2009
TaskAdder uses the Toodledo API to allow users to add tasks from a WebOS device (Palm Pre). One of the options in TaskAdder allows the user to choose repeat values for a task, and another allows the user to select either "repeat from due date" or "repeat from completed" as the default for adding new tasks.

From the Task API docs: The value of the "repeat" field may have some special values... ...Additionally, if the task is set to repeat from the completion date (instead of the original due-date), the repeat value will be incremented by 100. For example, a repeat value of 2 means repeat monthly from the due-date and a value of 102 means repeat monthly from the completion date.

If the task is added through the API as "no repeat" AND "repeat from completed" - i.e., a repeat value of 100, the task will repeat itself immediately when it is checked off, even though it shows up in the task list with a repeat value of "None."

When these tasks with "repeat from completed" are in the task list in Toodledo, the repeat value is black, not gray as it is with "repeat from due date" selected.

So, it's not a bug in TaskAdder, unless you consider using the repeat value of "100" to be a bug. The API accepts that value, the tasks show up with a repeat value of "none" and "repeat from completed" checked. Completing the task creates a new instance of the task. You can edit the task's "repeat from" field to change it to "repeat from due date" and the task will no longer auto-generate.

I've also added a task from the Toodledo website and am able to select repeat = none, repeat from completed. The behavior is different, though, than tasks added through the API.
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next