ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
Mike

Posted Nov 24, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Score: 0
  • Mike
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2015
  • Score: 0
Hi Bridget,

1. ...can I assume that means that you want to eliminate views that you do not use?

interesting question; I never thought about eliminating unused views but that is something I could see as a benefit.

I guess what would be the best for me would be to be able to select all the views I like and then have all those views available on one page (call it My views for example) rather than switching between Hotlist, Context View, Due Date View, Folders view and status view. I have done that by making custom searches but i don't think that creating a custom search to emulate the hotlist is a great solution just so i can get the hotlist ont he same page as a due date view for example.

My custom search page has searches for:
- Today
- Tomorrow
- Hotlist (all contexts)
- A couple of custom searches for specific tags I use

and then it has 4 searches duplicated for two different contexts (Personal and Work):
Today
Hotlist
Due Date
Next

See screenshot:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s1/sh/fbd796e4-e716-4b8a-a18a-94cd3ae683ff/592c564916f91073578f2e8472e95527

3. If you could pick and choose which items show up in the ribbon would that be a viable solution that would allow you to eliminate unwanted views?

If I could place shortcuts to views in the Ribbon, that seems like it would be a pretty good solution.

4. Are there any undesirable actions you have to take, or unnecessary items on the page that detract from what you want to see?

The undesirable actions are due to the part of Toodledo that makes it so appealing: the options. However, I feel like I have to click on a page and then turn on / turn off a bunch of settings to make the page appear I want to. Doing that over and over is a time waster and tedious. The search page got me what i wanted ultimately.

I wish I could edit the saved searches easier than having to edit the search and save with the same name just to update a saved search.

Does all that make sense? Email me if you want to discuss in greater detail. mkanakos at gmail . com

This message was edited Nov 24, 2015.
Mike

Posted Nov 23, 2015 in: Status - Change order
  • Mike
  • Posted: Nov 23, 2015
Would it be possible to change the order of Action and Next Action in the drop list?

I understand Active to be something occurring now or currently be pursued...
I understand Next Actions to be something occurring in the near future or next in the series...

However, if you sort by the status column, next action appears higher in the list than Active. That doesn't seem correct but you can clearly see that the order of statuses in the drop-down was chosen and not random or alphabetical. Why?

I wish Active would be above next Action when sorting by status.... it just seems that should be the natural order...

This message was edited Nov 23, 2015.
Mike

Posted Nov 23, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
  • Mike
I also tried Todoist and was initially in love with the app. I also got my Karma up to 10,000 and i liked idea of having a personal motivator I could look at regularly for inspiration but my honeymoon with the app started to fade...

I am back simply because of the lack of a start date in Todoist. My list started to buildup because I was "overdue" on a bunch of my tasks. You could argue that I needed to change my workflow but start date without an end date is what works for me...

I love Toodledo but I struggle with the interface at times. I ultimately just want to see all of the views I like in one place. Ultimately for me the only way to make Toodledo sing is to make my own views via custom searches so I have one page with all the stuff i want to see. Building all those custom searches can be a bit tedious and I really feel at a loss when I am using the Android client which doesn't show the search page...

...but those are small loses compared to the power and customizations available to me.

This message was edited Nov 23, 2015.
Mike

• Mike
I was wondering if there was a way to FURTHER expand the side bar....

For me, I do a weekly review and I use folders as projects. When I do my review, I click on the folders icon and the left hand side bar cuts off all the folder names that are longer than a certain length. it would interesting if I could click a button and temporarily make the left side column wider so I could see the full folder name.

Right now you have a button for collapsing the column which also expands or reverts the column to its original/predefined size. It would be cool if you could click again and it provide an "extended width" view. The button clicks could loop / cycle through collapse, expand, further expand, collapse, expand, etc....

Thoughts?
Mike

Posted Apr 14, 2014 in: Single Task view possible?
  • Mike
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2014
I forgot about the scheduler. That is a solution that could work for me.

Thanks for the reminder!
Mike

Posted Apr 09, 2014 in: Single Task view possible?
  • Mike
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2014
Sabina,

That is an interesting option but not quite what I was looking for.

I am looking for a way to filter the view to see only one active task and when I complete the task, a new uncompleted task appears.

Any ideas how to accomplish?
Mike

Posted Apr 09, 2014 in: Single Task view possible?
Score: 1
  • Mike
  • Posted: Apr 09, 2014
  • Score: 1
Is there a way to have Toodledo list only one task at a time?

Here's the scenario:
I have a list of say 10 or more items due for today. I would like to be able to create a view that only shows me one task to do. When I mark it complete; the next task on the list becomes the viewable on the list. This process continues until the list is completed.

Just asking because it is a good way to focus and not get distracted by other things on the page. I notice this view is being developed in many other task management apps these days.

If it is not available is there any plans to implement a feature like the one I outlined above?
Mike

Posted Sep 18, 2013 in: Toodledo iOS update for iOS 7
  • Mike
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2013
I like the subtle color changes. Nice work!

I thought there was a bug in saved searches and maybe I was right. Sorry I never reported it. I'll test over the next few days and see if I can reproduce. If not, looks like you squashed it for me!
Mike

• Mike
  • Posted: Jan 07, 2013
Just letting the world know that i too would love to be able to access my saved searches on the IOS version.

I think the real issue is that the software is so damn powerful that it is a bummer to not be able to use all that power on the mobile clients...
Mike

Posted Dec 05, 2012 in: Website question about hotlist
  • Mike
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2012
Good point!

I actually knew that but must have had a brain fart earlier... thanks for pointing out the obvious..
Mike

• Mike
Posted by Jake:
We are working really hard on an update to address lots of these problems.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, which I guess I should point out, is that this design isn't really new. It's the same design that our mobile website ( http://m.toodledo.com ) has had for almost a year. We didn't get any complaints about our mobile website, so we thought it was pretty good to standardize. Obviously we were wrong.

Jake,

Just browsed to the mobile site from my PC to see how the grey looks there. I think the issue is the color compared to the amount of screen real estate.

the grey colors look fine on my 21in monitor because the white space (or light grey) provides the needed contrast. Condense that all down to an iOS screen and i think it becomes less readable.

just my two cents... (still love the product!!!)

This message was edited Dec 05, 2012.
Mike

Posted Dec 05, 2012 in: Website question about hotlist
  • Mike
Just curious...

Why is it a "Hotlist" on the IOS apps and mobile website but 'Main" on the full website?
Mike

Posted Dec 05, 2012 in: over-assigning my time
  • Mike
Posted by Mike:

Can tasks with no due date repeat?

How does the logic for that work?

I think I may have answered my own question...

If a task has a start date with no end date and it set to repeat then the task will roll forward based on the repeat schedule but will have no due date and won't show in the hotlist unless it is a certain priority (2 or above). it will be listed under started which mean my hotlist will get smaller but will be an actual "hotlist" when i complete those items, I can reference them from the started list.

do I have that right?

Mike

Posted Dec 05, 2012 in: over-assigning my time
  • Mike
Posted by Jake:
1) I always recommend that people only use due-dates for hard dates, like appointments. If you are just picking an arbitrary date, then it cause cause lot of past due tasks that build up and cause to-do list fatigue.

Can tasks with no due date repeat?

How does the logic for that work?

Mike

Score: -1
  • Mike
  • Posted: Nov 30, 2012
  • Score: -1
After a few days of using the new version.. I have to say that i like it very much...

As I stated earlier - a little more color would be a nice addition but overall I would say that you did a wonderful job!

Very appreciate of the active development of the product and of the responsiveness of jake to the end users.

You have created a very useful product and continue to make customers very happy!
Mike

Score: 3
  • Mike
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2012
  • Score: 3
Like the update - not a fan of the color scheme... too much grey tones...

hope we get an option to add some color back..
Mike

Posted Nov 10, 2012 in: More options for repeats?
  • Mike
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2012
Long time toodledo user here...

was hoping that we could get some more options for repeating entries..

Is there any plan to develop the advanced repeating functions anymore? What I was looking for was more functionality around what you call "format 2" in the repeating tasks help section.

Specifically, I was looking to be able to modify the month portion of the code. So for example, I would like to repeat tasks as such:
- On the second monday of each quarter.
- the 1st Friday of each November

any chance we can see an update for this function?

Format 2: "On the X D of each month". Where X is a number or numerical word (first, second, last, etc) and D is a day of the week (Mon, Tue, Wed, etc). Examples: On the second monday of each month, On the last Fri of each month, On the 3 Sat of each month.
Mike

Posted Aug 04, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 3
Score: -1
  • Mike
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2011
  • Score: -1
Posted by business1:
I've noticed that every time I go to add a new task I have to look around for the "add task" button. It happened again just now. The placement of the button is right, but it looks too much like a part of the inner-header.

Gentlemen -

I'll second this. The ADD button sort of blends into the entire page. I do find myself searching for the button from time to time.
Mike

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 2
  • Mike
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
  • Score: 2
I like the new design and I understand that that it is "mostly" done with small changes to come.

However, I'm really not loving the grey. it is so utilitarian. I was using a Stylish Theme http://userstyles.org/styles/41218/toodledo-macosx and to go from that view back to the grey is a bit of a shocker at first.

Hopefully, styles and color aren't too far off in the future. maybe you could consider that style I linked above as an option?

Again, love the changes - miss color though. Patiently waiting to see next design changes.

This message was edited Jul 27, 2011.
Mike

• Mike
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2011
Does anyone know how to make repeating projects?

The piece I am struggling with is the subtasks. I am an IT admin and I have "scheduled projects" that repeat such as deploying patches to desktops & servers monthly.

I would like to make a repeating project that contains a handful of repeating tasks (preferably with start and due dates). For example:
1 - Pick patches for deployment
2 - test patches
3 - deploy to live environment

There are other steps but you get the idea. I can get the parent task to repeat but when it repeats the sub tasks don't seem to get created with the parent tasks.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

This message was edited Jun 10, 2011.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next