ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Meghan Callahan"
Meghan Callahan

Score: 0
Is there any way you would recommend for me to reduce over-all task clutter, but keep me aware important tasks?

This message was edited Oct 22, 2015.
Meghan Callahan

Score: 2
I just subscribed to use the subtask functionality, but I'm not able to get it to work how I'd like. I like to have all subtasks hidden by default (task clutter was my main reason for upgrading). Is there a way to have a parent task show in the grid based on the priority/due date of the subtasks, even if they are indented or hidden? If not, could this be added as a feature request?

If a subtask has a different due date/priority than the parent, and you're using Indented or Hidden subtask view, the subtask isn't sorted with other tasks of similar importance/due date. It would be nice to see the parent task sorted according to the child task settings (if higher than the parent task).

For instance, if I have a task and subtask created with different date/priorities:
> Main Task - Medium Priority - Due Next Month
>> Subtask - High Priority - Due Today

If subtasks are hidden, "Main Task" will show in the grid in line with other Medium tasks due next month. This means I may not notice the subtask with different priority/due date unless I open the task and review the subtasks.
If subtasks are indented, "Main Task" will show in the grid in line with other Medium tasks due next month, and the subtask under that. This means I may not notice the subtask with different priority/due date unless I look for it.

It would be nice if there was an option for a parent task to automatically inherit the importance of the most important subtask, then show in the grid as that level of importance.

For instance, even if Main Task did not have a set priority/due date, it would show in the grids sorted with other High priority tasks due Today:
> Main Task - High Priority - Due Today (Priority and Due Date inherited from Subtask)
>> Subtask - High Priority - Due Today

If there are multiple subtasks with different priority/due dates, the main task would default to the highest priority and due date.
> Main Task - High Priority - Due Today (Priority inherited from Subtask1, Due Date inherited from Subtask 2)
>> Subtask 1 - High Priority - Due Next Month
>> Subtask 2 - Low Priority - Due Today

If subtasks are closed, the Main Task priority/due date would change based on the open subtasks:
> Main Task - High Priority - Due Next Month (Priority inherited from Subtask1, Due Date changed from Subtask 2 to Subtask 1)
>> (Open subtask) Subtask 1 - High Priority - Due Next Month
>> (Closed subtask) Subtask 2 - Low Priority - Due Today

Thanks!!!

This message was edited Oct 22, 2015.
Meghan Callahan

Posted May 03, 2012 in: Show Importance in iGoogle Widget
Score: -1
I love Toodledo and find the Importance feature to be amazingly useful. However, I don't usually check my list via the Toodledo website, rather I use the widget on my iGoogle homepage. The widget is great, but it does not feature sorting by Importance. I'm missing due dates on low priority items as they aren't sorting to the top like on the website.
Any idea if this feature will ever get implemented?
Thanks!