ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by j.eggen"
j.eggen

Posted Mar 30, 2015 in: User Studies
Score: 0
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Mar 30, 2015
  • Score: 0
Completed the extended survey and happy to participate in the future.
j.eggen

Posted Mar 26, 2014 in: Gmail Chrome Plugin for Creating Tasks
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2014
Thanks Jake, I'll be excited to see some of those roll out whenever that happens.
j.eggen

Posted Mar 24, 2014 in: Gmail Chrome Plugin for Creating Tasks
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2014
I was not aware of the bookmarklet but now wish I had been for a long time. I haven't used it much yet but see how I will find it very useful.

I personally don't find the current calendar view very useful for a few reasons.
1) It isn't integrated with my calendar. I guess I'm used to using Pocket Informant which gives me an integrated calendar/task view and having used that system for about 8 years I've just fallen in love with it. It's my modified GTD to schedule when I will realistically start tasks. With a busy schedule it helps me not forget things but also not be stressed with a huge list of current tasks since I know I need to do XYZ but also know I don't really need to start on it until next week.
2) When I click on a date to view tasks and create a task from that view the dates are still based on the current date, not the selected date. Allowing me to click on a future date and then add tasks with the date selected in the calendar as the current date would make this view more user friendly IMHO.
3) Aside from #1 of creating an integrated task/event calendar just having a grid calendar that listed tasks in the days in the main view would be more helpful to me than the current setup. It's a lot easier to get an overview of the upcoming tasks and when things are scheduled/due to be able to look a month at a time and see what tasks are due when rather than clicking through individual days.

I've been with Toodledo as a subscriber since 2009 and still find it's the best service out there. I've been a fairly silent user but thought I'd share some opinions since I know sometimes user voices can be a helpful input for product development. I also know sometimes one person's ideas don't match product vision or the greater need of the community but still want to at least know I've shared my thoughts.
j.eggen

Posted Mar 24, 2014 in: Gmail Chrome Plugin for Creating Tasks
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Mar 24, 2014
I've looked at a lot of different services but keep coming back to Toodledo because of the configuration options and levels of details I can set in my tasks. One thing I saw elsewhere though that I wish Toodledo had was a plugin that allows me to create a task right from Gmail (appears above the reply window.) Or as a remind me option at the top of the Gmail window. You can see the two different options on these articles.
http://phandroid.com/2012/10/31/any-do-chrome-extension-now-allows-you-to-set-up-reminders-from-gmai l/
http://www.starkinsider.com/2013/02/any-do-android-app-review-gets-task-management-right.html

I also desperately wish Toodledo had a calendar mode but would love this Gmail Chrome extension for Toodledo.
j.eggen

Posted Nov 20, 2012 in: Duplicate Project/Timeline
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Nov 20, 2012
I have a number of "projects" that I do regularly but not at predefined intervals. Specifically I am a pastor and regularly (but not weekly or predefined intervals) do things such as preaching, teaching classes, etc. Most of these items have a particular workflow and set of tasks that get done in order. I've been looking for a way to setup a template so I can say I'm preaching on X date and then have all the subtasks automatically get created with appropriate due dates (X-7 days, X-2 days, etc.) Is there any way to do this within Toodledo? Essentially I'm looking to copy a parent task and have all children tasks copied along with it with new start/end dates relative to the start/end date of the parent task.

This message was edited Nov 20, 2012.
j.eggen

Score: 2
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2011
  • Score: 2
I'd like the opposite.. so that if I change the due dates of subtasks (or event start dates) that the dates for the parent task would automatically change to cover the start/end date for all subtasks.
j.eggen

Posted Dec 19, 2011 in: Clone task & subtasks
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Dec 19, 2011
I have a number of small repeating "projects" that are basically tasks that happen on an irregular basis but always with the same subtasks. Is there a way to setup a Task & Subtasks and then clone the entire "project"? This would save me tons of time instead of individual creating or cloning about 5 distinct tasks for each time this project is due.
j.eggen

Score: 1
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: May 17, 2010
  • Score: 1
I upgraded from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 last week (32 bit) and have not had any problems. This isn't the only plugin that won't work on Outlook 64-bit. Google Apps Outlook Sync is not supporting 64-bit either... FYI

Correction: I was working with the old version. Once I tried to updated to v1.0.1.6 this morning it stopped working. When I went back to 1.0.1.4 it worked again. Might want to try downloading 1.0.1.4.
http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/utils/GoDownload.aspx?file=ToodledoSync_1_01_4.msi

This message was edited May 17, 2010.
j.eggen

Posted Jan 26, 2010 in: Working Thunderbird Integration
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2010
Probably a dumb question... but how did you get the timer to be a part of your Toodledo widget?
j.eggen

Posted Jan 24, 2010 in: Tags, Folders and Contexts
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Jan 24, 2010
I have been using Toodledo for a while now and moved to Toodledo from using Outlook with Plan Plus for Outlook. When I moved over I mostly used Folders in the same way I would use categories in outlook and used context based on what part of my life the task was for (work/home/reading.) I have been reading more about tags, folders and contexts in Toodledo and now I feel confused about how to use these. I am hoping that someone would share some best practices about how they use these three fields in Toodledo to manage their tasks, or maybe point me to some good tutorials on how to use these fields and GTD. I use a completely hosted solution now... Google Apps Calendar, Mail, and Toodledo. Syncs with PocketInformant for mobile use and makes my life cable free and Outlook free, now I want to take it to the next level and use these tools to improve my task management too. Thanks!
j.eggen

• j.eggen
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2009
I have a group of tasks that are daily readings. During the import I used the text import and was (as far as I could tell) only able to import an end date. I would like to have all these tasks have a start date equal to the end date so I could use the "filter future tasks" option to remove them based on a start date.
1) Is there a way to use mutlti-edit and set the start date relative to the end date? In my case, set start date equal to end date. (All tasks are in same context so it is easy to search for them.)
2) If I were to delete all of these tasks would there be a way to import them again, using plain text, csv/tsv/excel, with both a start and end date?

Thanks!
j.eggen

• j.eggen
  • Posted: Sep 20, 2009
I have > 200 tasks since I have a number of daily tasks that I have imported into Toodledo. I am using the mobile HTML view since I cannot get my Curve 8330 to support the "Slim" view. If someone has this working maybe you can provide some suggestions.

Anyway, when I go to the HTML view I want to view tasks by due-date but am wondering if there is a way (via URL or otherwise) to specify that I only want to see tasks with due dates in the next 7 days. It just takes too long to load ALL of my tasks and I really only need to know what is immediately due or due in the near future.
j.eggen

Posted Sep 18, 2009 in: Bulk Edit Context
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2009
Nevermind... I noticed in a completely different post reading about tips for the BB that there is a multi-edit option on the search. Glad I stumbled upon this... I have lots of good ideas!
j.eggen

Posted Sep 18, 2009 in: Bulk Edit Context
  • j.eggen
  • Posted: Sep 18, 2009
I just imported a slew of tasks using the text import tool. Worked great except now I have tons of tasks (like 100+) to change the context on since I didn't see any way to set the context on the text import. Is there any way to bulk edit tasks and update the context of all of these?