ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Kevin Pinto"
Kevin Pinto

Score: 0
Thanks, I was finally able to make this work.

However, this is way too difficult and non-intuitive to use. There are too many steps, any of which are easy to forget:

1) Left Pane > View by Search (hard to see and easy to forget)
2) Remove the Checked Off criteria by clicking on the extreme right side X. (Not obvious and it takes a while to understand how this works).
3) Change the remaining criteria to "Note contains". (This is counter-intuitive. I thought that Note referred to the notes in Notebook.)
4) When the task is found, only the title is displayed (the first time). I have to search for and click on the tiny Show Details icon.

This is way too much work for what is a very basic function - full text search. Why not change the Quick Search to be a full text search in all titles and notes of all tasks?

Ironically, on the Toodledo iPhone app, the behavior is intuitive and fast:
1) Swipe downwards. The search box "Search Title + Note" is revealed.
2) As I type, the matching tasks are displayed continuously and within 3 - 4 characters, I have found what I want.

Please make the Quick Search equivalent to the iPhone app behavior of Search Title + Note. Thank you in advance :-)
Kevin Pinto

My top priority task contains the following text in the note (not in the title):

Light bulbs:
Office room: 45 watt LEDs

I start typing bulb in the Quick Search and it finds: 0 tasks

The same for LED, office, watt, etc.

Does Quick Search work only with the titles?

I am using the Safari web browser on a Mac.
Kevin Pinto

Posted Apr 18, 2011 in: Suggestion: wiki markup in notes
Score: 1
Great to hear that it's on the list. The wiki markup would become even more useful if it could have hyperlinks to locations (anchors) within the notes and to other notes.
Kevin Pinto

I would love to see the full search on the iPhone also. If I don't remember the title of the task, I can't find the information. Just today, I searched for my car's license plate number, which I knew was in Toodledo, but because I didn't remember the title of the note, I didn't find it.

In fact, I'd like to see Full Search become the default on the web site version as well, without having to go through Advanced Search.
Kevin Pinto

Posted Aug 04, 2009 in: iPhone app updated with Landscape
Very nice! I love the new landscape mode.

Other users: Go into Toodledo > Settings > General and turn Lock Rotation to OFF.
Kevin Pinto

Posted Aug 03, 2009 in: Iphone app & Notebook feature
Here's another vote for the Toodledo iPhone app supporting the Notebook :-)
Kevin Pinto

Posted Aug 03, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
I second the request for an iPhone landscape keyboard. The landscape keyboard is faster and more accurate to use.
Kevin Pinto

I have just gotten started with Toodledo and love it! The iPhone app is very slick.

I use my iPhone (part of the time) behind my company's firewall. They use an HTTP proxy, which I specify as follows:
iPhone > Settings > Wi-Fi > (name of wireless lan) > HTTP Proxy > Manual
and here I specify Server and Port.

This works for most iPhone applications and I can browse the Internet using iPhone Safari.

Unfortunately, Toodledo does not seem to make any use of this field and when I attempt to sync, I get this message:

Network Unavailable
Couldn't connect to Toodledo.com Do you have an Internet connection?

I can workaround this by using the 3G network. Also, Toodledo works fine on my home wireless lan which does not use an HTTP proxy. So it seems a reasonable guess that this is related to the HTTP proxy.

Desired fix: Toodledo should make use of the iPhone's proxy settings.