ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
SteveUrich

Posted Jan 18, 2012 in: Multiple Edit to Change Tags
Score: 0
I want to clean up my tags. Doing it one at a time for 600 items is painful.

How do I retag items all at once.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

I get things the way I want using Todo on the iPad but the results are different on the iphone after syncing.

Tags are the same but tasks are out of order.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

I am using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit with IE 9.

When I try and log in the window just refreshes.

I can log in using FireFox. I just miss my IE Addins.

I am running with Norton Internet Security and MalwareBytes.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

I was thinking of using Dragon To Go to send to twitter and then have the twitter link set up in Toodledo.

Thoughts?

Having trouble setting up the Twitter to Toodledo Link.

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Oct 25, 2010 in: Too much work for too little value
Is anyone consider running a contest in terms of providing a for prize to the best video that shows how to use Toodledo for its maximum effectiveness.

My goal has always been to come up with a prioritize daily to do list that would allow me to execute effectively during the day. So far I've been unable to determine how to do that using Toodledo.
SteveUrich

I have to run Google Chrome to be able run the Toodledo application. it will not run Internet Explorer eight and I really do miss my Internet Explorer add-ins such as Adobe acrobat pro.

How do I even begin troubleshooting this.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Oct 25, 2010 in: Multiple Edit
I understand that it is a popular requests to have the ability to do a multiple added on several past at one time.

The search feature allows you to edit multiple items assumes that you have somehow put identifying information that you can search on when you initially did your mind dump which is not always the case.

You think we'll ever see this feature in Toodledo.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Sep 15, 2010 in: Too much work for too little value
Score: 1
Thank you all very much for your comments!

I guess my challenges that I would like to add it multiple tasks in the time very similar To the Way, Quicken allows you to do a search and then edit all of the fields for those items that have been selected.

I set up a tag called today and I ended up putting many tasks in that and soon realized that I had overscheduled my day. I now want to select 15 items that are tagged today and tag them this week. I do not know how to easily do a multiple select as there are not any common things to search on which is the only way that I've seen to do multiple edits.

I would like to see is a checkbox that I could use to manually select multiple items and then apply changes to all those items at once.

When I'm saying it is difficult to use I primarily was referring to how manual it is to edit the individual fields. after editing about 30 items. I was just fatigued and frustrated. In the morning, I go for a walk and I use Jott to dictate the to-do items that I have for today and others that come to mind. This is like eight GTD brain dump or mind sweep. By the time I come home all the tasks are into Toodledo and that I want to process them so they're putting the right bucket. This is the part that is extremely frustrating.

I find that I am most effective when I can create a prioritized daily to do list. I like the franklincovey added into Microsoft Outlook but they could just not get it working reliably. With 430 tasks I often find the important items getting lost in the weeds of items that I am trying to get accomplished.

One of the main reasons that I am considering going to paper is that technology seems to require a great deal of maintenance. It seems that at least once or twice a month Appigo Todo app is unable to sync and I have to spend three or four hours determining what's wrong.

When everything is working I have for a few brief moments experienced a mind like water but unfortunately the time and effort to put everything is right bucket utilizing Toodledo seems overwhelming.

I wonder if Toodledo would be willing to consider producing a users guide and recommended best practices or better yet giving users one free year subscription for Weber can produce the best video on how to best utilize Toodledo.

I've been in the software business for a long time and recognize that producing something that is powerful and easy-to-use may seem like an oxymoron but the best example I have of this is something like Quicken which seems to put a real focus on ease-of-use.

ITIL has best practices for implementing IT services. Rather than forcing all users to come up with their own best practice would sure seem appropriate to allow us to build on the shoulders of those who already figured it out.
SteveUrich

Posted Aug 20, 2010 in: Too much work for too little value
It is very frustrating to use, there is no user manual to help with the basic features. I would be willing to pay to have someone see if could meet my needs but right now it is just too much work for too little reward.

It would really help if you could have a select box that you could select a bunch of items and then multi edit all of the tasks that are selected vs having to do a search which means that you have to have something to search on.

Do I need to do anything to make sure that my account is not automatically renewed. I would just like it to expire.

I want to get things done, not mess with the tool all day long. I have 430 tasks and right now it seems that I would have to spend 2 days editing them to get value out of this tool.

The tool gets in the way of getting thing done. Considering just going back to paper. Any other suggestions on a tool.

I was once told that you can have a tool that is Fast, Powerful and easy to use but that you could only chose two of those. Toodl just seems powerful, working with it is tedious and it is certainly not easy to use.

Steve
SteveUrich

How do I multi-edit?

Thanks so much,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Feb 08, 2010 in: Daily ToDo List
>you can do this with start dates and due dates. Start dates are >hidden by default. Once enabled, you can quickly type Tomorrow or >Friday and the website is smart enough to know. There is also a >quick clickable list.

Where do I go to enable start dates?

Are start dates supported by the iPhone APPIGO App todo.

The main purpose of pushing out the start date is to hide task that I don't want to think about now but want to be reminded about in the future. If they still show up in the list then it is not as if I've hidden them for future reference.

Once I figure out how to enable start dates that I will give it a try.

Thanks for your help,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Feb 08, 2010 in: Is there a getting started PDF?
That's really not the same as having a well-organized manual that shows several examples of best practices.

Is there a way to download all of the chapters under the help option and index option so that I can read them off-line.

Thanks so much,
Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Jan 26, 2010 in: Tutorial / Users Guide
It would be great if there were some best practices posted.

Steve
SteveUrich

Is there a way to select multiple tasks and to change their priority all I once?

Is there a way to select multiple tasks and change their due date?

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Oct 26, 2009 in: Tutorial / Users Guide
I strongly recommend that you address the initial user experience.

ECCO, one of the most powerful PIMs of it's time went out of business due to the initial steep learning curve.

I got a lot out of the posted tutorials and suggest that you make some that cover the major points. That is quick and easy "todo".

A users guide would really help, it took me 10 minutes to find the delete icon so that I could delete a folder.

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Aug 29, 2009 in: How organize Tasks
Thanks for your suggestions.

I have to admit that I do not really get GTD. I have studied the first book and listened to the Making It All Work book.

Having all of these lists that have to be reviewed and counting on the review to help me prioritize while I am in the rush of the day seems more work than it is worth.

I really liked the prioritized daily todo list that was part of the original franklin planner (book and software) and if they could write software that worked I would use it as I just liked pounding down the list from top to bottom and forwarding to the next day that which I did not get done.

I guess that I am missing the basic premise of GTD. I like getting it all out of my head but once I am done with the mindsweep I am left with a massive mount of undoable tasks.

Any suggestions on how to get it?

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Aug 29, 2009 in: Daily ToDo List
I would like to suggest this as an enhanement to the current product. It is nice to be able to spread the work that has to get done over the week/month.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Aug 22, 2009 in: Daily ToDo List
I am hoping that I can try the GTD approach and check it out but I am coming from the view of Franklin Covey Planner and creating a Daily ToDo list.

Can this easily create a Daily ToDo list where one can spread the weeks tasks out over the week by dragging and dropping?

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Aug 22, 2009 in: How organize Tasks
I organize my life around 10 areas of life that you have to be successful in and then in each of those area I have goals and then underneath goals there are tasks and projects.

Example:

Self Management
Health
Relationships
Finance
Career
Focused / Organized
Personal
Entertainment
System Mgmt
Home

Then under Finance for example there is the project, Develop Financial Plan which has sub tasks.

I am wondering if I should put the 10 areas as folders, the tasks and sub tasks under there with Tags to just see what I want or would it be easier to just use Tags to see all of the Financial projects that I have.

What do you recommend?

I am concerned that if I make too much use of Sub Tasks that things will get lost or it will be hard to quickly see what is going on.

I have over 450 items after my brain sweep as part of GTD.

Thanks,

Steve
SteveUrich

Posted Aug 22, 2009 in: Is there a getting started PDF?
I am a manual kinda guy. Is there a getting started manual or PDF that goes over the software?

Thanks,

Steve
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next