ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
EmilyTheChef

Score: 0
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who becomes paralyzed with all sorts of emotions when I look at my to-do list.

The Kanban sounds like an interesting idea, and the fact that there are cloud versions is great because I have 3 jobs and often need to do a little of all the other jobs from any given office.

It would be GREAT if there was some hook between Toodledo and a Kanban virtual board, I really dislike duplicate data (Why should I have to re-write my digital to-do list on post-it-notes?!?)

Emily
EmilyTheChef

Posted Dec 31, 2011 in: 2011 In Review
Score: 1
I <3 Toodledo, thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for your efforts!
EmilyTheChef

Posted Nov 04, 2011 in: Notebook - what is it for?
I haven't used the notebook and wonder how others use it. I was hoping that I could upload a .pdf or a graphic instead of keeping a piece of paper in my inbox. It's a Someday/maybe thing so I don't want to have the paper cluttering up my line of sight. I can certainly scan the piece of paper and save it somewhere on my computer and just reference it in the notes field of my to-do...
EmilyTheChef

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
Score: 1
I will love the new layout I'm sure, but for the record, the old layout worked for me :) (except on a wide screen, the Add Task button ways waaaaaaay over to the right. I'll bet that's in a new place now. THANKS, and I'm so grateful to Toodledo!
EmilyTheChef

Posted Jul 25, 2011 in: Locations: How do You use Them?
I think everyone has different needs when it comes to a valuable to-do list. So far, Toodledo has been my favorite, because of the Location tool. The feature has FINALLY helped me cement the proper (according to David Allens G-T-D methodology)use of a @context. I've been using the GTD add-in for Outlook, and while it is AWESOME for turning hoards of emails into tasks, there was something missing for me. My @contexts were a combination of "locations" and "tools needed to get job done". I had so many contexts and projects and subtasks that I couldn't remember how I was entering similar types of tasks. Therefore, my to-do list was just a big disorganized mishmosh and consequently, I just hid my emails-turned-to-do's in the GTD part of Outlook and never did anything with them. Not good!

So for me, @context is a "TOOL" that I need to get the job done.
@Home_Office (yes, it is a location, but it is more of a context because of the physical items in the home_office that I need to get the job done) When I enter a @Home_Office context, I don't fill in the Location field.
@errands Code for, "this gets done somewhere outside of my home or my offices". I definitely use "Locations" with this context. I have made about 10 locations (and counting) scattered across the county according to a landmark or friend or store in that certain area. So when I have a "3-Top Priority" @errand to get done today near the "Location=Airport", then I can see if I had any other non-critical things to get done in that same section of town.

Of course, this is what I do, and how I use Toodledoo... it might not make sense to someone else. Just don't give up until you find something that works for you!! :)