Search results for "Posted by clang1"
clang1

Posted Jan 25, 2010 in: Toodledo GTD Setup Template
Score: 0
  • clang1
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2010
  • Score: 0
Thank you for the very detailed diagram of your setup! I do have two questions:

1. In your second revision, how do you distinguish between Next Actions and other actions that might be associated with a project but aren't yet actionable. Or do you only ever put Next Actions in your system?

2. What views in the iPhone app do you use for viewing your Next Actions? Are you looking primarily at Contexts?

Thanks!

-Chris
clang1

• clang1
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2010

This message was edited Jan 05, 2010.
clang1

• clang1
  • Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Posted by manuelhe:
Ive been very happy with Toodledo and I just got my iPhone. Toodledo's iPhone app is ok but not great. One thing I do not see right now on the iphone though are contexts. Am I missing something?

I look under settings: Fields & Details and see Fields Used and Unused fields. Status, context, goals are some unused fields. What does this mean? Does it mean I am not using them or does it mean toodledo is not using them?

I didn't see a reply to your question, so in case you haven't gotten an answer, it means that the iPhone app is not configured to display (or let you enter) those fields. The list of fields the iPhone app is using may be different from the fields you use on the web app.

If you click 'Reorder' you can drag 'context' from 'Unused Fields' to 'Fields Used'. Then, not only will it show up as a field within your tasks, but 'Contexts' will show up as a first-level item on your Home screen, just like Folders, etc.

The fact that Contexts wasn't immediately available on the Home screen confused me for a while until I realized you had to enable it within Settings like this. Although it is a shame that saved searches are not supported on the iPhone app yet, I have a pretty workable view of Next Actions by using the Contexts view, sorting by Star, and setting my Filters to Hide Completed Tasks, Show All Future Tasks, and In-line Subtasks.

I use Proximo's setup, more or less, so Sort by Star and In-line Subtasks are the two most important settings to make a usable iPhone Next Action list, in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

This message was edited Jan 05, 2010.