ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
stu

Posted Oct 26, 2009 in: How are you using Folders?
Score: 0
  • stu
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2009
  • Score: 0
I was on the Parent/Subtask model until I wanted to do some global changes on my lists. I exported via CSV, edited in Excel and re-imported. However all my parent/subtask relationships were lost.

So I am now trying the Folder approach which works pretty well, except that the GUI on the Web and iPhone don't do a real good job of managing many folders. I think the GUI in both cases could be updated to support hierarchical folders (a folder where the name was separated by a '/') and you could see many folders easy to deal with which allows folders to be projects.
stu

Posted Sep 06, 2009 in: Working with many tasks
  • stu
  • Posted: Sep 06, 2009
Any ideas when ordering tasks, and multi-edit capabilities will appear in Toodledo, and the iPhone app?

I'm listening to the GTD book and a key emphasis that David Allen makes is to make it as effortless as possible. For example, if you have to walk across the room to file something you will be inclined to create a stack, and the stack will grow to the point where it becomes daunting to go file it and then it doesn't happen. David advocates having the files within arms reach so you can file it in seconds.

Likewise I see the same thing happening with my lists in toodledo. Since there isn't a super easy way to order them, they are growing and are starting to become daunting.

I reviewed my list with my wife this morning, and a full half of the list wasn't actionable at the moment. What's more, the reason things were not actionable was not evident in the list. I did have some tasks saying that they were waiting, but waiting on what? And many tasks were waiting on other tasks to be completed.

I like toodledo. I've paid for the iPhone app, and a pro subscription thinking I could make it work. However it seems to be missing some key conceptual usability factors to align it with the concepts in GTD.

Is there a roadmap of features, and when they are planned for that could be published? That would certainly help at least give me an idea how much effort I should put into continuing to look for a solution vs working with something that doesn't really meet my needs.

This message was edited Sep 06, 2009.
stu

• stu
Just a thought, but how are your other Internet connected apps behaving from the iPhone? I've had general problems when a WiFi connection was problematic, or when the 3G network had very poor performance. It coudl be that the toodledo app may be less forgiving to network performance issues than the ToDo app.
stu

• stu
Another part that is cumbersome is making a common change to several tasks. It looks like the multi-edit works on a filtered view. What I want is to be able to select multiple todo items and make a change on those. The UI paradigm for that might be to check multiple entries and operate on the checked entries. Another more user friendly approach is the multi-select in a list and operate on the multi-selected group
stu

• stu
I'm finding it difficult to work with many tasks identified. How do I sequence tasks? I can't seem to arrange subtasks so they show in a sequential order, or link tasks such that they become active only when the previous tasks have been completed.

If I try to use the status, I not only have to mark a task as complete, but I have to find any tasks that were waiting on that one and mark them as next action or something like that.

Since that is very cumbersome on the computer and not even worth trying on the iphone, I just don't bother. But now I have many tasks, of which only one or two in a group may be actionable.

How do you solve this problem? And what's planned for new features that might help this issue work better?
stu

Posted Aug 30, 2009 in: Saved searches on the iPhone
  • stu
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2009
I find it very helpful to create saved advanced searches on the web site to say grab all tasks in a collection of folders, or in a collection of contexts. Such as tasks that are home related vs work related. eg: on the weekend, I want to only see folders that are home project related in order to maintain some work life balance.

However I use my iPhone extensively and I don't see a way to make the advanced search visible on the iphone, nor do I see an advanced search option on the iphone.

This would be a great feature for the iPhone app
stu

• stu
  • Posted: Aug 30, 2009
When I navigate to https://www.toodledo.com/ and either login, or go there after logging in, I always get redirected to a non-secure URL.

The main reason I want the pro account, is because I don't want any of my tasks or information transmitted in the clear.

Is there an option I can select to always use https like gmail has? If not, I think that there is a security hole hier.

Thanks