ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by mike"
mike

Score: 0
  • mike
  • Posted: May 30, 2013
  • Score: 0
both UIs are horrible. horrible to look at and less than optimal to use. hire a designer. best functionality, worst interface. i use it via android and a chrome packaged app that i developed for the ui because it's so cumbersome to use.
mike

Posted Mar 20, 2013 in: JSONP
  • mike
  • Posted: Mar 20, 2013
i noticed a post from nov 2011 about possibly adding jsonp support to the toodledo api. is this still a plan? i am unable to access toodledo via jquery/javascript using getJSON or XMLHttpRequest.

thanks
mike

Posted Feb 09, 2011 in: Did Lookup Account API Change?
  • mike
  • Posted: Feb 09, 2011
Ok, so I may be stupid, but at least I'm not crazy (at least for this issue).

My code is changed, as it was a very minor fix, but it's going to take Microsoft 5-10 days to get it to the Windows Phone Marketplace. Until then, all users of the Windows Phone app cannot login once they have logged out, and all new users are unable to log in.

Thanks.
mike

Posted Feb 08, 2011 in: Did Lookup Account API Change?
  • mike
  • Posted: Feb 08, 2011
I have had users complaining today (and I verified on my own) that the previously working app fails to log in. The error message is "Empty AppID". Verifying via sniffing and the code itself, for the account/lookup.php method, I have never passed the AppID or a signature to the lookup account call, only gettoken calls. Nowhere in any of my notes do I have this, and everything just stopped working today. Please tell me this was a change on your end and that I am not insane?

I can see to fix I just need to use AppID and MD5(email+apptoken), but as you can see I have a lot of users of my app, and I don't have that code!

Please explain. Thanks.
mike

Posted Feb 06, 2011 in: Goal name length
  • mike
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2011
The API documentation states that the name for a goal is "up to 32 characters". I have a lot of users whose syncs fail because they have goals created in the Toodledo web site that have lengths more than 32 characters. My lcoal validation throws when syncing these. Is that a misprint in the API? Or a no-longer relevant rule? It appears that it works with lengths longer than 32 characters, and I would just like some clarification on it.

Thanks.
mike

Posted Dec 21, 2010 in: Best Practice for New Item Ids
  • mike
  • Posted: Dec 21, 2010
Is that for notebooks, goals, locations, etc. as well?
mike

• mike
Wow, that was quick. Keep up the great work.
mike

Posted Dec 21, 2010 in: Best Practice for New Item Ids
  • mike
Wow, quick and awesome. Thanks for the help.
mike

• mike
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2010
i'm deleting notebooks in the web page ui, then running a sync on my phone application. but the account info is returning the lastdelete_notebook value of -62169966000. i am getting values for lastnotebook_edit, but not delete. is this a bug?

thanks,
michael.
mike

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: Best Practice for New Item Ids
  • mike
The big issue is correlation of new items. I think I can use meta for tasks, but not notebooks, so suppose I have two new notebooks. I give them local ids of -1, -2. they are titled "test1" and "test2". when i sync, i get back an array of notebooks. "test1" with an id of 12345 and "test2" with an id of 12346. now to update my local database, i have to "find" each of these, and merge/remove/replace. to find, i look up by id. the id has changed, so i can't find it. since there is no metadata i can attach, there is no point of correlation, except for the title. the title is not unique, so there may be an existing item called "test1" in the database. which one to update? additionally, i could have had both new notebooks called "test", in which case i can't even use the logic of updating the newly added one, because they would both match that criteria as well.

with no correlation data that can round trip (i.e. client generated id or at least uniquely identifying metadata), i don't see how you can safely make this sync. single-item adds would prevent this problem, but that's an expensive trade off.

as far as tasks go, i guess i can use "meta" fields, although i would not want the meta to persist once i round-tripped a sync.
mike

Posted Dec 20, 2010 in: Best Practice for New Item Ids
  • mike
Ah, the dreaded integer unique id. There's never a good solution. What is the best practice recommended for creating an ID value for new objects (task, notebook, folder, context, location, etc.). The documentation doesn't really address what happens here. Do we make up a number and when added a new Id is assigned and returned? How can we ensure that there was no item added on the server side that has the same id as the made up id? Must we pass a negative number or a 0? Please advise.
mike

Posted Nov 19, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2010
Got my first screen concepts online. Check out http://photon.funkymule.com. Will get live screen shots and videos posted soon.

mike

Posted Nov 19, 2010 in: Windows Phone 7 sync
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 19, 2010
I've got my first UI concept online. Check out http://photon.funkymule.com. I'm locked out of my ToodleDo account now, but will get some live screenshots going later.

mike

Posted Nov 18, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2010
I am working on it. Getting close. I have made it very WP7 Metro looking. Will set up a blog tonight posting screenshots and progress and asking for feedback. Check tomorrow for http://photon.funkymule.com.
mike

Posted Nov 18, 2010 in: Windows Phone 7 sync
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 18, 2010
I am working on it. Getting close. I have made it very WP7 Metro looking. Will set up a blog tonight posting screenshots and progress and asking for feedback. Check tomorrow for http://photon.funkymule.com.
mike

Posted Nov 15, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2010
I converted all the code to the new Toodledo API this weekend. I am redesigning the UI now. I will post screenshots tonight or tomorrow on my blog so anyone interested can give me suggestions. I will get the basic functionality in the store ASAP (i'm already a registered seller with msft), with a promise to keep making it better.

I'll keep watching this thread if anyone has any advice or suggestions. I REALLY need my Toodledo on my phone, too...so I'm trying as fast as I can. (but I have three small children, one on the way, and my brothers wife is having a baby today and i'm watching their two small children also...so life is busy. and i have a full time job, too)

is this an app that people are willing to pay for? if so, what would you like to pay?
mike

• mike
  • Posted: Nov 14, 2010
I'm working on a Windows Phone 7 app that will essentially mimic the behavior of the slim web page, or the iPhone app. I can't find a way in the API (new or old API) to determine which fields the user has enabled in their "field/functions used" settings. I also can't find the "new task defaults" properties. Are these properties available in via the API? Am I completely missing the obvious?

thanks,
Michael
mike

Posted Nov 12, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 12, 2010
I've been on the WP7 development since Mix10. I went to the PDC launch, and I have been watching Microsofts commitment to the product as well as the commitment of other developers to the platform. Apps will make or break the phone. The developer response has been enormously positive, and the marketplace is looking good. I'll fix up my toodledo this weekend, and see how fast i can get it going. i'll get it up and running with no notebook support first, and will promise updates as fast as i can. I have had a WP7 for a while and really miss my toodledo (RTM sucks).
mike

Posted Nov 10, 2010 in: WIndows Phone 7
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Posted by jim:
@mike
There are a lot of us looking for an app that syncs tasks with Outlook. Chromatic Dragon has a nice sync tool for Outlook and Toodledo (http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncDownload.aspx), and there are a lot of us who would love a WP7 app for Toodledo for that reason.
If you'd put it out there, you'd make a lot of people in the official WP7 forums (http://www.windowsphone7.com/backstage/forums/index.aspx/) very, very happy.

ok, let me finish the app i'm working on, and toodledo for win7 (it's called photon toodledo) will be brought back to life. will post back on the progress. thanks for the tip, jim.
mike

Posted Nov 10, 2010 in: Windows Phone 7 sync
  • mike
  • Posted: Nov 10, 2010
Posted by jim:
There's interest. Seriously, if you went to the official WP7 forum and told them you had an app that would allow them to access a site that synced to their Outlook tasks (I'm thinking of Chromatic Dragon's syncing tool here that I've been using for a long time with great success), you would make a whole lot of people happy as WP7 doesn't sync tasks from Outlook at all.

You know, that's a really good point.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next